Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

How the heck did UND get 2 votes for #1 in the lastest poll?
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
      Virg and Dirty.

Comment

Because of the beat down we put on the perennial powerhouse Mankato.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Food for thought: with genoway's size, speed, hockey sense, and UND's depth at defense could it be a possibility that he is moved to forward?
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            Food for thought: with genoway's size, speed, hockey sense, and UND's depth at defense could it be a possibility that he is moved to forward?
            He played some forward his freshman season, and obviously, in a pinch he could play there again. However, it's not like this team will lack depth at forward next year either. Also, it's a huge waste of his talent to put him up front and ask him to grind it out in the corners. Chay's primary benefit to this team is as a puck moving defenseman, and his play on the pp.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              That's the big question right now.
              No one seems to know much. But he would be eligible to apply for a medical redshirt if he wanted.
              what are the rules on medical redshirt? Can he be put on it at any time? Or is there a timeframe?
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                what are the rules on medical redshirt? Can he be put on it at any time? Or is there a timeframe?
                IIRC, he has to have played in less than 30 percent of the team's games.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  IIRC, he has to have played in less than 30 percent of the team's games.
                  And they can't play in any games in the second half of the season.
                  Chay has played in 9 games and none in the 2nd half.

The Sioux will probably end up playing somewhere around 35-40 games this season, so Chay would meet both of those requirements easily (assuming he is done for the year).

He could apply during the summer for it and hopefully he ok to start play next fall.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
                    I just saw on Yahoo Fantasy Golf that the #1 team is UND Sioux! - Way to represent!

No clue who it is, but pretty sweet to see the Sioux name up there.
                    And then you browse on over to the basketball team and... Well, you guys keep searching for that first win. haha.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Because it's a well known fact the sioux turn their season around when they play the gophers. Miami inevitably implodes. Most sane voters can't stomach voting for the badgers. And denver had a few votes to spare.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Zach Parise named to CHN's 2nd team All-Decade team.
                        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...all-decade.php

A pretty good list. Not sure I would have put Ryan Potulny on the list. You compare his 3 seasons (slightly less due to injury) to that of another MN player like Johnny Pohl, and they don't really compare. Even Oshie, who never put up a single great season, had better numbers and lead his team to 3 Frozen Fours.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Because it's a well known fact the sioux turn their season around when they play the gophers. Miami inevitably implodes. Most sane voters can't stomach voting for the badgers. And denver had a few votes to spare.
                          something like that. When you see a team like North Dakota right now getting first place votes, it shows that the voters think there is no clear cut #1 in the country. Which I agree with.
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Comparing the PWR based on OOC records from the last few years for UND:

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2010/01/...rence-records/
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                              something like that. When you see a team like North Dakota right now getting first place votes, it shows that the voters think there is no clear cut #1 in the country. Which I agree with.
                              Still. They are .500 in their last 8 games and were swept by Denver when they met. I don't know how a voter gives them first place votes over Denver. Denver is 5-1-2 in their last 8 by comparison. Shows why Poles are dumb.

Comment

Gregoire named WCHA Offensive POTW (shares it with JConnolly from UMD) and Knight wins the WCHA ROTW:

http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...CLID=204868211

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X