Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Two articles on future Sioux players:

McKeens Q&A with Michael Parks

O'Donnell named Player of the Week in the MJHL
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Ya it is a big question!! If the Denver series comes and goes, my thoughts he won't make it back this year at all.
      Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        Knight got injured at home and the injury was shown on TV and written about in the paper as well as talked about in the post game show and pre game show Saturday night.
        This is a public forum and the right to criticize is reserved by all it's members, and encouraged especially by dirty.
        Thank you for your information. All I've been able to check is here and fightingsiou***** and neither was giving much info about what happened.

I realize that this is a public forum, and feel free to criticize me all you want since that's mainly what people do to me on here anyways, but I only asked a question. I'm out of town and did not know.

I now see how curiosity killed the cat
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          That McKeen's article was brutal. Parks part was rather benign but the questions were awful and the follow ups by the interviewer made me throw up a little in my mouth.
          Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
            Thank you for your information. All I've been able to check is here and fightingsiou***** and neither was giving much info about what happened.

I realize that this is a public forum, and feel free to criticize me all you want since that's mainly what people do to me on here anyways, but I only asked a question. I'm out of town and did not know.

I now see how curiosity killed the cat
            see why I hate sue fans. a bunch of goons, with no civility at all.
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
              see why I hate sue fans. a bunch of goons, with no civility at all.
              Happy's hatred, which lakes any civility whatsoever, is targeted at sue fans,as well as a bunch of goons.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                The info was given at least twice on here (on the scores thread and in the MSUM/UND series thread).
                Knight was battling for the hattrick with less than a minute to go in the game, he lost his skate edge going in on the goalie and smashed into the goal post. He was limping after the game but said he would be ok. They must have checked into it further and found that not to be the case. Out 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I just saw on Yahoo Fantasy Golf that the #1 team is UND Sioux! - Way to represent!

No clue who it is, but pretty sweet to see the Sioux name up there.
                  THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                  1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                  1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                  University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                  University of Oregon Ducks Football
                  San Francisco Giants
                  Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

High ankle sprains blow. I have heard a few players say they would rather have a broken leg than a bad high ankle sprain. They have a way of bothering you for years.

Hopefully, it isn't anywhere near being that serious. The 4-6 week timeline shows that it probably isn't.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Stolen from the other thread.
                      Sioux recruits in the NHL Mid-Term Central Scouting Ratings:

Rank Name Team League Height Weight Position
                      11 FORBORT, DEREK USA U-18 USDP 6' 4.5" 198 D
                      17 NELSON, BROCK WARROAD HIGH-MN 6' 2.5" 205 C
                      71 PARKS, MICHAEL CEDAR RAPIDS USHL 5' 10.5" 188 RW
                      95 MATTSON, NICK INDIANA USHL 6' 1" 189 D
                      195 O'DONNELL, BRENDAN WINNIPEG SOUTH MJHL 6' 0" 185 C

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Also, Gothberg from TRF is the 5th ranked goalie:

Rank Name Team League Height Weight
                        5 GOTHBERG, ZANE THIEF RIVER FALLS HIGH-MN 6' 0.5" 177

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Triple post.

This was on INCH:

First, it’s looking more and more like star defenseman Chay Genoway may have played his last shift of the season on Nov. 13 when a check from behind versus St. Cloud State led to a concussion and many lingering side effects. His return to the ice is nowhere in site, and sources close to the team tell INCH that the prospect of a medical redshirt is being discussed.
                          Not good news, but not entirely surprising if it happens.
                          If he does apply for a redshirt, this would be the stacked blueline next year:

Genoway, Sr
                          LaPoint, Sr
                          Marto, Sr
                          Blood, Jr
                          Fienhage, Jr
                          Gleason, So
                          MacWilliam, So
                          Mattson, Fr
                          Forbort, Fr

Ouch, which 3 sit every night from that group?
                          I realize I left out Hill, but he would be the odd man out already given the above logjam.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            Triple post.

This was on INCH:

Not good news, but not entirely surprising if it happens.
                            If he does apply for a redshirt, this would be the stacked blueline next year:

Genoway, Sr
                            LaPoint, Sr
                            Marto, Sr
                            Blood, Jr
                            Fienhage, Jr
                            Gleason, So
                            MacWilliam, So
                            Mattson, Fr
                            Forbort, Fr

Ouch, which 3 sit every night from that group?
                            I realize I left out Hill, but he would be the odd man out already given the above logjam.
                            Yeah, I can see where that is going to be a bit of a problem. I hope it doesn't lead to recruiting repercussions.

I have to believe the staff, a couple of years ago, was counting on Genoway graduating this year and another player, probably LaPoint, developing to a level where he'd be gone after his junior season. Injuries, probably more than anything, have hampered this a bit.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
                              Do we have a time frame that Genoway will or will not play again this year!! If he doesn't play again this year do we think he comes back on medical red shirt for his senior year +1 ??? thoughts
                              He's a great hockey player, and from what I hear from others around the league, a first rate person as well.

Head injuries are very, very serious matters, and there is a lot of medical evidence in recent years that suggests longer recovery periods are needed than previously employed. If he gets a red shirt, it's probably in his best interests as a player and as a human being to make sure he's fully healed before coming back. The last thing he needs is to come back too early and get hurt again, which could have lifetime consequences. I am sure Hakstol, his staff and the team docs there are going to do what is in the players' best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Yeah, I can see where that is going to be a bit of a problem. I hope it doesn't lead to recruiting repercussions.

I have to believe the staff, a couple of years ago, was counting on Genoway graduating this year and another player, probably LaPoint, developing to a level where he'd be gone after his junior season. Injuries, probably more than anything, have hampered this a bit.
                                Yeah, a redshirt would certainly throw a monkey wrench into that, but the coaches could work around it.
                                I would guess if he redshirts that a current recruit would stay in the USHL for another season (probably Mattson?) and then a current player potentially leaves early (maybe Fienhage since he was the odd man out prior to Genoway's injury).
                                Could be an interesting offseason with that situation developing.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X