Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So I have a question for you Sioux fans, and this is strictly hypothetical of course... Say you're rooting for a team that starts off 4-5-1 in conference play. Again, strictly hypothetical. How do you keep your fellow fans from jumping off the cliff? I seem to recall a certain WCHA team do that last year and it ended up pretty well if I remember correctly.
    Let them jump...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Let them jump...
      Normally I would, but it's getting to the point that you can't have a decent conversation.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Normally I would, but it's getting to the point that you can't have a decent conversation.
        So GPL = SS. Awesome. Isn't it fun?
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          So GPL = SS. Awesome. Isn't it fun?
          Yeah... I promise to never laugh at an imploding forum again...
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What a horrible time for Genoway to go down with his injury (not that there would be a good time, of course). With the level of opponents coming up, we really need him to have a speedy recovery...
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Hopefully this injury doesn't turn into a situation like last year with Finley where he was out for half the season with his concussion.

Darn you Marvin.
              Not good. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Hopefully this injury doesn't turn into a situation like last year with Finley where he was out for half the season with his concussion.

Darn you Marvin.
                And what (if anything) is being done about Marvin?
                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                  One game suspension (imposed by the league if I'm not mistaken).
                  He already served that on Saturday.
                  I would doubt he'll get any more than that.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

St. Cloud's throwing him a parade....
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

What's Genoway's prognosis? Any word on how bad the concussion is?
                      Code:

Comment

The only reason the league did anything was that Greg Shepherd was in attendance. If he hadn't been there I would doubt anything would have happened. If this had been the NHL he would be sitting out for the next series as well and he would have been clobbered for his efforts.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

What's Genoway's prognosis? Any word on how bad the concussion is?
                          I heard that it was a bruised sternum and possible concussion.
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

don't talk to these people. Find the fans that are loyal and believe. They are out there. Brent is one of them.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              I heard that it was a bruised sternum and possible concussion.
                              Ugh... I used to play goalie in soccer and I have definitely suffered a bruise or two there after getting kicked point blank. It sucks, a lot.

The concussion is obviously the more serious of the two. Hopefully he's back on the ice sooner than later.
                              Code:

Comment

Here's some random thoughts from Brad Schlossman:

A few notes that didnt' make it into the game story:

•UND probably missed a chance to achieve the No. 1 ranking (for whatever that's worth). No. 1 Miami had a pair of ties this weekend.
                                •About Brett Hextall's disallowed goal, coach Dave Hakstol didn't want to say much other than he'd like to see consistency from night to night. If you read between the lines, he has to be talking about Ryan Lasch's goal from Friday night. Lasch scored on the exact same type of play as Hextall, but the refs wanted to blow dead the chance for Hextall and not Lasch's.
                                •UND hasn't had more shots on goal than Saturday night (49 shots) in four seasons. But Dan Dunn ate up those shots and didn't leave many rebounds. WCHA defensive player of the week, I'm sure.
                                •Darcy Zajac on Dunn's performance: "We threw everything at him that we could and he kept them in it."
                                •Everyone from UND who I interviewed after the game said they thought the Sioux played better tonight than they did on Friday. "No question about it," Hakstol said.
                                •Hakstol said he was pleased with the play of Corey Fienhage, who saw his first action. Hakstol said: "I think it's evident he's practiced extremely hard over the last few weeks. This was not a slow hockey game tonight. He had to jump at probably the highest pace of the season so far and I thought he did a good, solid job."
                                •Danny Kristo had a game-high eight shots on goal.
                                •The crowd tonight was begging for any excuse to get into the game. They gave good penalty kills standing ovations. Same with a couple of very good cycles in the first period.
                                •UND's power play obviously missed Chay Genoway tonight. They'll have to find ways to score goals as Genoway recovers from his apparent upper-body injury. Hakstol said he has no idea how long Chay is going to be out.
                                •St. Cloud State coach Bob Motzko said this might be the most physical game the Huskies have to play in this season. He said: "They are built a little different than we are and they were physical tonight. That's as tough a physical game I can imagine that we'll play in. And our guys withstood it."
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X