Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloe Gin
    replied
    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    No doubt. I don't see anyone else on the Sioux roster capable of making fun of Gwoz's suit and making him walk across the ice.
    maybe Hexy can sit right behind the DU bench and taunt mercilessly. Maybe he'll even invite Dirty over!

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    That news sucks.... I was counting on Hexy getting under the skin of both Minnesota and Denver
    No doubt. I don't see anyone else on the Sioux roster capable of making fun of Gwoz's suit and making him walk across the ice.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

That news sucks.... I was counting on Hexy getting under the skin of both Minnesota and Denver

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

The injury woes continue for this team.

Good news first: Both Kristo and Zajac are expected back in the lineup this weekend.
    Bad news: Hextall is out 4-6 weeks with an undisclosed injury.

Zajac recovered very quickly from his hernia surgery, which is great to see. But then you toss in Hextall getting injured against ND, and this team just can't get to 100% healthy...

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Team USA and Kristo win gold.
    Now he can bring that gold medal back to GF and show it to the MSUM players after he helps lead the Sioux to a sweep.
    Yeah I would say that is the best thing I have heard all week after USA wins the gold.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Team USA and Kristo win gold.
    Now he can bring that gold medal back to GF and show it to the MSUM players after he helps lead the Sioux to a sweep.

Leave a comment:

• lord k
    replied

I think the rest for Kristo would be more needed if the tourny was in Europe. Like others have said i doubt he will miss either Mankato game this weekend.

Plus he is playing awesome. They need him in the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• jdr1
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    I actually think to keep Kristo out of the line up you would probably have to sit a 300 pound gorilla on his chest or duct tape him to a bench in the locker room because I would imagine the minute his game is over tonight he will be chomping at the bit to get after it with the Fighting Sioux.
    Right on Goon!!! When he wins gold tonight , nothing better than sweeps of MSU-M and UM in your next 4 Games!!! Go USA Go SIOUX!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

In the past with the WJC, they have given the players a day or two off from practice at UND and then put them back in the lineup for the next series.
    I agree with Goon, he'll be back playing this weekend against Mankato.
    Kristo will probably be back in ND by Wed, so that gives him a couple days for his legs to recover.
    I actually think to keep Kristo out of the line up you would probably have to sit a 300 pound gorilla on his chest or duct tape him to a bench in the locker room because I would imagine the minute his game is over tonight he will be chomping at the bit to get after it with the Fighting Sioux.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    What's the word on Kristo for this weekend? Will Hak and the boys stick him back in the lineup, or are they going to give him the weekend off?
    In the past with the WJC, they have given the players a day or two off from practice at UND and then put them back in the lineup for the next series.
    I agree with Goon, he'll be back playing this weekend against Mankato.
    Kristo will probably be back in ND by Wed, so that gives him a couple days for his legs to recover.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

What's the word on Kristo for this weekend? Will Hak and the boys stick him back in the lineup, or are they going to give him the weekend off?
    Why would you give him the weekend off? He is a young kid I am pretty sure will be able to play. The NHL right now is playing compressed schedules so I can't see a 18 or 19 year old kid sitting out an important weekend when the Sioux desperately need points. I would be willing to be that Kristo is one of the top three lines playing a full game/shift and running the power play from the point. I can't wait to see him in the line up. Also, Zajac said in the pre-game that there is a good chance he might be back this weekend as well. If that happens it would be really good news.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Recruit Update:

Danny Mattson, Omaha (USHL) - 28gp, 5g, 6a, 11pts
    Derek Rodwell, Okotoks (AJHL) - 35gp, 11g, 18a, 29pts
    Nick Mattson, Indiana (USHL) - 21gp, 3g, 4a, 7pts
    Derek Forbort, NTDP U18 - 12gp, 2g, 3a, 5pts
    Mike Fink, Des Moines (USHL) - 28gp, 2g, 12a, 14pts
    Colten St. Clair, Fargo (USHL) - 25gp, 8g, 9a, 17pts
    Michael Parks, Cedar Rapids (USHL) - 25gp, 6g, 7a, 13pts
    Brendan O'Donnell, Winnipeg S Blues (MJHL) - 36gp, 17g, 18a, 35pts
    Brock Nelson, Warroad (MNHS) - 10gp, 15g, 13a, 28pts
    Zane Gothberg, TRF (MNHS) - 11gp, 8 win/3 loss, 1 SO, 2.21 GAA, .883 save %

Big weeks:
    St. Clair - 3gp - 2g, 3a for 5pts
    O'Donnell - 3gp - 3g, 4a for 7pts
    Nelson - 2gp - 3g, 3a for 6pts

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

He kind of hit into the boards hard behind Eidsness in the 3rd, I didn't notice him play in the OT (but I wasn't looking for him)...he didn't shoot during the shootout, but I did notice him after the game skating off the ice with the rest of the team. They didn't have tunnels at the Sears Center, so he would have had to been on the bench until the rest of the team left the ice.

Hopefully he's ok. You'd think if Hextall was injured too that Schlossman might have mentioned something during the recap. No more injuries.

EDIT: He also skated up to accept his trophy for being on the all-tourney team. Not that it means much...
    That's what puzzled me, that Brad had nothing. Tim and Tim both commented that Hextall's injury came as he tried a one-timer late in the game. Apparently he had to twist himself somewhat ackwardly to try to one-time it. They thought he caught an edge or something, and that he really struggled to get back to the bench.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

What's Hextall's status? The radio guys said he left with what looked to be a leg or knee injury late in the ND game, and didn't return for OT or the shootout. We certainly don't need anymore injuries this year.
    He kind of hit into the boards hard behind Eidsness in the 3rd, I didn't notice him play in the OT (but I wasn't looking for him)...he didn't shoot during the shootout, but I did notice him after the game skating off the ice with the rest of the team. They didn't have tunnels at the Sears Center, so he would have had to been on the bench until the rest of the team left the ice.

Hopefully he's ok. You'd think if Hextall was injured too that Schlossman might have mentioned something during the recap. No more injuries.

EDIT: He also skated up to accept his trophy for being on the all-tourney team. Not that it means much...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X