Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team USA Plays For U-18 Gold Tomorrow - Did anyone know? Does anyone care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Team USA Plays For U-18 Gold Tomorrow - Did anyone know? Does anyone care?

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    All true, but when the best players aren't there, the competition is devalued. The rsulting tournament quality is second rate and not an accurate reflection of a world championship, which should be measuring the best players and teams.
    Perhaps the Canadian entry can be considered 'second rate', but I suspect the teams from Sweden, Russia, Finland, and the Cech Republic (at the very least) might take offense at such a generalization which, by inference, impugns all of the participating teams. Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, the Sedins among other 'second rate' players all participated in this tourny...
    Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Not even remotely bitter

have the exact same feeling as Herb Brooks did. Its a total waste of money

Pat Kane left after first year and says it was that

its a program that ran its course and has not been gassed because the few who run it milk it for big checks.

Then when it comes time for the intl events, they leave kids home and bring in outsiders

100% waste of money. all would have ended up the same player without it
      And once again you show how clueless you really are lol....Bitter parents are so hilarious on here....
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Zucker and Campbell could still win two more World Junior Championships in the next two years.

Jason Zucker and Jack Campbell did something that no other American players accomplished in history. The two won in their third gold-medal in an IIHF World Championship event in the last calendar year. No previous American player had more than two gold medals at an IIHF Men’s World Championship event in his international career. Zucker and Campbell each were part of the U.S. Men’s National Under-18 Team that captured gold at the 2009 IIHF World Men’s Under-18 Championship. They also played on the U.S. National Junior Team that earned the gold medal at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          Zucker and Campbell could still win two more World Junior Championships in the next two years.
          They might be in the NHL by then.

Comment

All true, but when the best players aren't there, the competition is devalued. The rsulting tournament quality is second rate and not an accurate reflection of a world championship, which should be measuring the best players and teams.
            Except pretty much all IIHF Championships are this way. Almost all of them take place during major potions of something. The U20s and the Olympics catch a break because the best players get released from their teams for them.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

They might be in the NHL by then.
              Zero chance of that happening before then

Nice win!!

Comment

Zero chance of that happening before then

Nice win!!
                so... that means there is a 100% chance of them being the the nhl?

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                  so... that means there is a 100% chance of them being the the nhl?

nope

Comment

nope
                    Ha nice rep I love when I get grey one from bitter old parents like yourself, and sorry I can not add to this board to the level of your satisfaction I have a life and job which draw me away from the computer.
                    Originally posted by Mankato student
                    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                    -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                      Ha nice rep I love when I get grey one from bitter old parents like yourself, and sorry I can not add to this board to the level of your satisfaction I have a life and job which draw me away from the computer.
                      Yup, real bitter. You figured it out.

Go back to your job, someone needs a warm cup

Comment

Working...
                      X