• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    If you had too choose one, which one?
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I'll take Cam in a long regular season and Muse in the playoffs. Easy enough. (Not that this argument even makes sense).
    Ok, what part of "choose one" did you miss?

And please tell me what the argument is? JD, take it easy brotha, not everything is an argument. Sometimes people just make a statement of opinion.

Are you female? They are the only ones that I know that argue just to argue...
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      touche! yes from Maine .......... i forgot about him, yeah, he's right in there with the rest! seriously, i expect a big year from Jimmy Hayes, not that he had a small one last year but you could really see him developing right in front of our eyes to where at the end of the year he just stood out and was outstanding
      I felt the same watching Kreider last year. Right now I think Cam is better but in the long run I gotta believe Kreider is going to be the best of the bunch. Once he truly breaks out, watch out.
      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Ok, what part of "choose one" did you miss?

And please tell me what the argument is? JD, take it easy brotha, not everything is an argument. Sometimes people just make a statement of opinion.

Are you female? They are the only ones that I know that argue just to argue...
        I answered the question that way because I wanted to. The question itself was beyond ******** comparing a forward to a goaltender. Please go away.

Comment

I answered the question that way because I wanted to. The question itself was beyond ******** comparing a forward to a goaltender. Please go away.
          It is? Don't NHL GM's have to decide all the time to build their teams around a stellar goaltender or an all star forward? Seems a reasonable hypothetical to ask if you had to pick one to have on your team which would you want?

Oh and of note, I didn't compare a goaltender to a forward, I merely asked which one would you pick to have on your team if you could only pick one. Pretend you are at the draft, they are going 1 and 2 and you have the first pick...

You should really see someone about having that chip removed from your shoulder. It must suck going through life always thinking that everyone is picking a fight.

Comment

It is? Don't NHL GM's have to decide all the time to build their teams around a stellar goaltender or an all star forward?
            Silly me, I thought you were talking about the collegiate level where both players are back this season for BC--meaning no decision is necessary.

Oh and of note, I didn't compare a goaltender to a forward, I merely asked which one would you pick to have on your team if you could only pick one. Pretend you are at the draft, they are going 1 and 2 and you have the first pick...
            If you want to play this game, fine. I would pick Cam Atkinson. Happy?

Comment

If you want to play this game, fine. I would pick Cam Atkinson. Happy?

Very much so, thanks for being a sport.

What else is there to do at this point other then to play these silly games. Other then reading Osorojo's rant on college hockey players being a waste of scholarships there isn't much else.

And in the interest of not starting a flamefest I thought that was a good hypothetical. It would have been easier to do the whole Nyquist v. Atkinson but my guess that would end with NickP making hillbilly comments directed at the Maine Folk...

Comment

Very much so, thanks for being a sport.

What else is there to do at this point other then to play these silly games. Other then reading Osorojo's rant on college hockey players being a waste of scholarships there isn't much else.

And in the interest of not starting a flamefest I thought that was a good hypothetical. It would have been easier to do the whole Nyquist v. Atkinson but my guess that would end with NickP making hillbilly comments directed at the Maine Folk...
                safe to say we are all a tad ornery and are chomping at the bit waiting for what seems like an eternity for the season to start ............. we are 'bout two thirds the way there

Comment

I was too. I thought saying of course Muse was the best player last year would be a clear indicator of that.

Although in seriousness, one could make a case for Atkinson over Nyquist last year and my own personal feeling is Atkinson will be considered the best player in HE this year. JMO
                  It's hard to imagine Nyquist having a better year than Atkinson is the BC kid's success last year continues. The last time we saw Atkinson he was making Wisconsin and Miami look foolish on the big stage.

They are clearly the two best in the conference (if not the country). Tough picking one over the other.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post

They are clearly the two best in the conference (if not the country). Tough picking one over the other.
                    How about DeCosta? The name Tanner House also comes to mind when thinking of next year for some reason. Also Kessel the minor.
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                      The name Tanner House also comes to mind when thinking of next year for some reason. Also Kessel the minor.
                      I'll give you what one possible reason would be... drugs.

We're talking about who might be the best player in the country and you're talking about Tanner House. Good Christ tell me you were confused about what the discussion topic was.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Must have been thinking about best name in college hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          We're talking about who might be the best player in the country and you're talking about Tanner House. Good Christ tell me you were confused about what the discussion topic was.
                          I don't know, the Tanner house was kind of nice. Maybe he has a point.

*****http://photos.igougo.com/images/p272379-San_Francisco-Full_House_Houses.jpg******
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                            How about DeCosta? The name Tanner House also comes to mind when thinking of next year for some reason. Also Kessel the minor.
                            He'll always be the major the phil if ya know what I'm sayin'
                            Arenas Attended
                            Matthews Arena
                            Agganis Arena
                            Tsongas Arena
                            Lawler Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            TD Banknorth Garden
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Alfond Arena
                            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

de Costa won't be in the running for best player next season... although he has a better chance then Tanner House, not saying the kid can't play but jeez he isn't close to Atkinson or Nyquist (except physically on the ice). And while Kessel will likely be one of the top defensemen...

Nyquist and Atkinson will be the top two players this season, de Costa is a top 5...

Comment

If your talking about who the best players in the country will be this year think outside of the division for a bit. North Dakota has several players who could be mentioned (Genoway, Kristo, Frattin). Minnesota-Duluth returns both Jack Connolly and Justin Fontaine, and SCSU still has Roe who has been a force since his freshman year.

There are also some players in the CCHA who you could talk about including Pat Cannone, Carl Hagelin, etc. A player's past success also does not guarantee a brighter future. Atkinson obviously had a tremendous year scoring 30 goals, but this season is a new one. There is no reason to expect he shouldn't put up similar numbers but to state he will be the top player for certain in the league may be quick judgment at this point.
                                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                                X