new Notre Dame arena renderings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new Notre Dame arena renderings?

Is it necessary to have a 30ft gap between the upper and lower seating levels?
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

cool. i just hope they aren't really going to have enclosed benches and penalty boxes. that'll just cause obstructed views.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
        I think you may be overestimating that gap by at least 15 feet.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It slightly resembles the old Boston Garden in some respects.

Cool architecture.
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

what's the expected seating capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by pigglegg View Post
              cool. i just hope they aren't really going to have enclosed benches and penalty boxes. that'll just cause obstructed views.
              You saw that too. I was wondering if the architect had also designed soccer stadiums.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

โ€Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.โ€
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                what's the expected seating capacity?
                The figure I have seen used repeatedly is 5000.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar View Post
                  Any talk at ND of starting a women's program? Will the plans include locker room facilities for both genders? Or do we have a Michigan/Michigan State mentality here too.
                  Because they will have 2 sheets of ice, one NHL-sized, one olympic-sized, the rumor is a women's team will be coming too. They already have a club team that competes in the Midwest.

As for the locker rooms, there are supposed to be 4, so I would think sharing one for ND men and ND women wouldn't have to be done.
                  Last edited by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.; 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM.
                  "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Are private schools required to comply with Title IX? Just curious if a women's team is a viable option for ND right now...
                    MICHIGAN STATE
                    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Are private schools required to comply with Title IX? Just curious if a women's team is a viable option for ND right now...
                      Title IX is applicable to any institution receiving federal funds (for anything) whether it is public or private. If there is one student who getting federally funded tuition assistance on campus, that alone would make the school legally responsible to follow Title IX guidelines. I cannot imagine under this definition there is a single NCAA institution that wouldn't be required to comply. I cannot state specific NCAA rules or regs, but I believe somewhere in the bylaws is language that also requires member institutions to be Title IX compliant regardless of their legal obligation to do so as well.

As for a women's team at Notre Dame I haven't heard anything that makes me think it is anywhere near happening. They do sponsor a club team.

Comment

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the early renderings, which were done well before the design was finalized.

This article in the South Bend Tribune has some additional details. My favorite: the penalty boxes will be located next to the Irish bench.
                        Notre Dame Hockey
                        Reigning Big Ten Champions
                        Reigning CCHA Champions
                        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Hosted by imgur.com
                          http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1076076
                          Notre Dame Hockey
                          Reigning Big Ten Champions
                          Reigning CCHA Champions
                          Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            That rendering of the concourse definitely reminds me of Matthews. Almost more of a theater feel than a hockey arena feel.
                            It absolutely is Yost all over again - smart move, the place will have character unlike most new barns.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                            X