Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The University of Notre Dame Hockey: 09-10. Let's Live It Up!

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
    How is going to be in goal this year?
    Brad Phillips will get the start, but who knows about Mike Johnson. He comes with good credentials. A little competition never hurt.

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22
    Secondly when is the appx opening date for our new arena? I cant wait to see. it.
    Groundbreaking is in the spring. Plans call for the '11-12 freshmen to start their careers in the new digs.

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22
    Side Note: My season tickets got moved. I am now in row one of section 3. Any of you guys down that way?
    Isn't that where they place the opposing fans? Did you ask for them to be moved? BTW, that's where I sat when I was a kid and I could sneak a peek at John Schmidt in the 1st and 3rd periods!
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

idk. I believe they place them in section 2 right above the bench. My dad wanted to go down there so we could see the Irish shoot twice per game. They never asked us if we wanted to be officially switched though which i was a little ****ed about
      TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

TV schedule for the Irish this year, courtesy of the South Bend Tribune. So far 11 games are scheduled, with Comcast carrying the most.

Tuesday, Oct. 20 at Boston University (ESPNU) 7
        Thursday, Nov. 19 at Michigan State (Comcast) 7:05
        Friday, Dec. 4 at Miami (Comcast) 7:35
        Saturday,Dec. 5 at Miami (Comcast) 7:05
        Friday, Dec. 11 at Michigan (Comcast)7:35
        Sunday, Dec. 13 Michigan (Comcast) 4:05
        Friday, Jan. 15 Michigan State (CBSCollege Sports) 8:05
        Friday, Jan. 29 Nebraska-Omaha (CBS College Sports)8:05
        Saturday, Jan. 30 Nebraska-Omaha(CBS College Sports) 8:05
        Thursday,Feb. 25 at Michigan (Fox SportsDetroit) 7:35
        Saturday, Feb. 27 Michigan(Big 10 Network) 7:05.

Comment

I hate it when games I'm going to are on t.v. I want the games I can't make it to, like, say, in Fairbanks, to be on t.v.!

ND's first official practice should be tomorrow morning.

SwedishJustice22, where were you before that you couldn't see ND shoot twice? There are no "obsview" seats in that cave.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
            I hate it when games I'm going to are on t.v. I want the games I can't make it to, like, say, in Fairbanks, to be on t.v.!

ND's first official practice should be tomorrow morning.

SwedishJustice22, where were you before that you couldn't see ND shoot twice? There are no "obsview" seats in that cave.
            You know what I meant . My dad just wants to be down at the Notre Dame Blue Line at the other end. I was fine with where i was at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
              5 years ago I was so busy covering my eyes to hide the horror that every game seemed like it was an obstructed view... There were definitely a few periods where none of us saw them shoot twice... double

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                5 years ago I was so busy covering my eyes to hide the horror that every game seemed like it was an obstructed view... There were definitely a few periods where none of us saw them shoot twice... double
                Yes, but that's because they never took that many shots on net to begin with!

That was harsh. True. But harsh.

Comment

anyone on campus this morning to know if they had an organized practice?

Comment

They would have definitely had one as today is the first day teams (other than UAA and UAF) can have an official practice with coaches.

Comment

Game Preview: ND vs Alabama-Huntsville Chargers

Fri: 7:35pm --Giveaway: Schedule Poster and Student T-Shirt
                      Sat: 7:05pm -- Giveaway: Hockey Night Schedule T-Shirt
                      Radio: Cat Country 99.9FM / UND.com (Pre game 20 minutes before faceoff)

Alabama Huntsville Chargers
                      --25th varsity hockey season
                      -- Notre Dame leads series 9-8-1
                      Last meeting: March 23,2007: NCAA Tourney 1st round -- ND 3 UAH 2 (2ot)
                      --Alabama Huntsville plays in the CHA (disbanding after this year)
                      --2007 CHA Tournament Champions
                      --Last year: 5-20-4 (3-11-4 in CHA)

CHA Pre Season
                      --Alabama Huntsville selected to finish 4th out of 4 teams.
                      --Goaltender Cameron Talbot All CHA Pre Season Team (2.95 / .907)
                      Leading scorer from last year Matt Sweazey (12-10-22) graduated. Top leading returning scorer is Cody Campbell (7-14-21). Leading goal scorer is Andrew Coburn (9). Return 4 of their top 5 scorers from last year.

Head Coach: Danton Cole (3rd year). 222 minor league wins as a coach. 6th round pick of Winnipeg in 1985. Won an NCAA Title with Michigan State and a Stanley Cup with New Jersey.
                      Last edited by NDHockey9; 10-09-2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

USCHO.com/CBS College Sports Division I Men's Poll also places the Irish fifth.
                        	Team		(1st votes)	Record	Points	Last Poll
                        1 Denver (20) 23-12-5 873 4
                        2 Boston University (17) 35- 6-4 814 1
                        3 Michigan ( 2) 29-12-0 787 3
                        4 Miami ( 5) 23-13-5 782 13
                        5 Notre Dame ( 2) 31- 6-3 750 2
                        6 North Dakota 24-15-4 615 7
                        7 Cornell 22-10-4 561 9
                        8 Yale 24- 8-2 512 5
                        9 Minnesota 17-13-7 509 19
                        10 Princeton 22-12-1 474 10
                        11 Mass.-Lowell 20-16-2 448 16
                        12 Boston College 18-14-5 402 20
                        13 Wisconsin 20-16-4 375 17
                        14 Vermont 22-12-5 291 11
                        15 St. Cloud State 18-17-3 289 NR
                        16 New Hampshire 20-13-5 236 12
                        17 Ohio State 23-15-4 211 14
                        18 Minnesota-Duluth 22-13-8 186 8
                        19 Air Force 28-11-2 154 18
                        20 Northeastern 25-12-4 106 6

Others Receiving Votes: Northern Michigan 72, Bemidji State 66, Harvard 35, Colorado College 25, St. Lawrence 23, Massachusetts 17, Minnesota State 11, Clarkson 10, RIT 10, Mercyhurst 6, Union 4, Alaska 1, Alaska-Anchorage 1, Dartmouth 1, Ferris State 1, Maine 1, Quinnipiac 1
                        Notre Dame Hockey
                        Reigning Big Ten Champions
                        Reigning CCHA Champions
                        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

I can see any one of those top-5 teams playing in Detroit on April 10th and it wouldn't be surprising. Denver to me seems loaded, and MU has to have the bad taste of last years agonizing loss stoking their fires. But Notre Dame should have a little fire festering as well for their less than golden showing in Grand Rapids. Its a long season and we'll have to be patient as the freshmen class gets indoctinated in the Jackson way of doing things, but big things are rightfully expected from this team. Here's to being one of those top-5 teams playing on April 10th.

Comment

NDHockey9 beat me to the stats punch, but I'll add that while goalie Cameron Talbot saw the vast majority of ice time last season for UAH, and has remarkable stats (in spite of a winning % of .167) given UAH's record (the team averaged just 2.1 GF while allowing 3.3 GA per game), let's not forget about senior Blake MacNicol, who actually had the better record last year (winning % of .444) They may split the weekend workload. Brad Phillips is the human question mark, but when ND has the guys skating out that they've had the past several seasons, even I may be able to look good in net...

Along with being the overall points-leader, Matt Sweazey was also UAH's top PPG scorer. UAH lost 43.5% of their PPG scoring and 27% of overall points to graduation. ND lost 28.3% of their PPG scoring (man, will it hurt when Calle graduates!) and 27.5% of overall scoring to graduation.

Chargers of note to watch include their top defenseman, Brandon Roshko, who had 16 points last season and fellow defenseman Brennan Barker, who was only one of 4 players to be + in the +/- stat, while being the only one who saw significant ice time to finish team-best +10.

Last season, ND was 8th best in scoring in the country (3.38 GF) while giving up a scant 1.73 GA, for the best showing in D1 college hockey. ND also had the top PP and 3rd best PK of all the teams.

Calle Ridderwall returns as ND's top guy, registering 32 points last season and Ian Cole is ND's top scoring defenseman (26 points last year) followed closely by Brett Blatchford and Kyle Lawson. Cole was also the top +/- player at +15.

But that's all in the past. Both teams have a blank canvas to throw paint on this weekend. I can't help thinking of the saying, "Beware the fury of a patient man," when it comes to UAH today. When they played ND in March of 2007, they were on a mission for their retiring coach...and almost succeeded in that mission. Now, their mission is to show the league that they are deserving of membership. Makes me nervous...

Let's start the season off right, boys. May the dreams of your past become the reality of your future.

Comment

Anyone heading to the Drop the Puck event tonight?

Comment

Snow didn't have much to say did he?
                                Last edited by Brainasium; 10-06-2009, 08:43 PM.
                                Bear Down!

Comment

Working...
                                X