Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA to rename Frozen Four "Boston College Invitational"

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Definitely a classic. First thought I had when I read "go eagles". Congrats on another win against my Miami boys and a title, hopefully we can get one eventually.
    you no doubt will............we also suffered but for a much longer until 2001 so, along with our HE brethren from Durham, keep at it, it will happen..........both great programs

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
      And please show examples of BC fans being arrogant and condescending...last time I checked, BC fans were being criticized for predicting a big win over Wisco and that's exactly what happened. How is that arrogant?
      You could fill the Library of Congress with examples of BC fans being arrogant and condescending, heck you could actually do that with just comments from Nick P.

ar·ro·gant
      –adjective
      -making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      ... with the fact that your fans whine more than any other fanbase when someone has the audacity to suggest that UVM may not win the Stanley Cup this year because of what they did last year vs. college hockey superpowers Yale and Air Force (and of course, who could forget the suggestive moral victory of sweeping BU in Boston last year...
      I can find a lot of others but it may crash the USCHO server.

And you should check again, BC fans get criticized for a lot more then that......
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
        pot meet kettle
        with all the squaking from both Miami and Wisconsin fans going into this past weekend I'm surprised BC didn't just forfeit and save themselves the embarrassment.
        What he said! I mean, Wisconsin had all those All-Americans and Hobey Baker nominees and little BC didn't have any. I'm surprised BC even took to the ice.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Oh yes, we're so arrogant telling you Vermont fans that your program belongs at the kiddie table.

God willing, BC will raise their banner vs. UVM at Conte so you turds from Burlington can see what it's like to raise a banner worth getting excited about.

It was fun beating UVM and Miami in the postseason AGAIN. Only regret is that BC didn't get the chance to beat UNH again.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

As far as Wisconsin fans are concerned, I thought they were great in Detroit. Of course, we kept hearing for two weeks if they were to meet in the title game how BC's speed is nothing new to them because they play in the vaunted WCHA. And yet their defense had trouble containing BC's speed all game long and was on their heels trying to defend it. All those NHL draft picks on defense too!

And of course BC was too small to beat the big bad Bagers. But... it was the BC forwards coming away with the puck along the boards most of the time. Quick hands and sticks beat the slow, big strength.

How could this be?

Wonder if this week will be revisionist history week...
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Oh yes, we're so arrogant telling you Vermont fans that your program belongs at the kiddie table.

Thanks Nick I owe you one for so graciously illustrating the EXACT point that was being made.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                ar·ro·gant
                –adjective
                Pretension, n.

-(often plural) a false or unsupportable claim, esp to merit, worth, or importance.

Beanpot Champs, Hockey East Champs, National Champs...looks like a supportable claim to me.
                I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

You could fill the Library of Congress with examples of BC fans being arrogant and condescending, heck you could actually do that with just comments from Nick P.

ar·ro·gant
                  –adjective

And you should check again, BC fans get criticized for a lot more then that......
                  You weren't around during the glory days of the Pinhead Brothers and the endless war with the hill billies in Durham. I think your head would have exploded.

BC fans aren't anywhere near as bad as they were back then. But they were as funny as hell...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Thanks Nick I owe you one for so graciously illustrating the EXACT point that was being made.
                    On a thread involving two fanbases that can claim 10 national titles combined between their programs, maybe you can talk about how amazing Yale and Air Force were last year and what a tremendous accomplishment it was beating them so we can all laugh at you and some WCHA folks can see how much of a joke you guys are.

Raise a banner here for the Wisco fans. PLEASE!!!!

Comment

ar·ro·gant
                      –adjective

At least BC fans have something to be arrogant about. UVM fans like yourself act as if you'd actually achieved something and boast as if you have. UVM is a second rate program that has no right to say a thing to anyone until you, at minimum, win a conference championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        You weren't around during the glory days of the Pinhead Brothers and the endless war with the hill billies in Durham. I think your head would have exploded.
                        Hate to be a spelling nazi but... this is important...

Hillbilly is one word, Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

BC fans aren't anywhere near as bad as they were back then. But they were as funny as hell...
                          and come on, we were right about that too
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            At least BC fans have something to be arrogant about. UVM fans like yourself act as if you'd actually achieved something and boast as if you have. UVM is a second rate program that has no right to say a thing to anyone until you, at minimum, win a conference championship.
                            Well I have to give you credit slusher, you don't try and hide you arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                              Pretension, n.

-(often plural) a false or unsupportable claim, esp to merit, worth, or importance.

Beanpot Champs, Hockey East Champs, National Champs...looks like a supportable claim to me.
                              "ar·ro·gant
                              –adjective

Lets rewrite that for the rocket scientist :

making claims to superior importance or rights.

The only people who don't think BC hockey fans make claims to superior importance are those still sitting outside area 51 looking for UFO's.

Just accept that you are all arrogant donkey's and we can let this thread go.

Comment

i would rather be arrogant than stupid
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X