Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

    Originally posted by burbstyle View Post
    UMD has 19 pts.

    Dylan Olsen - 7
    Scott Kishel - 1
    Drew Olsen - 4
    Dan DeLisle - 5
    Jordan Fulton - 2
    http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...the2009_draft/

    Mike and Jack Connally were not drafted?
    Oh thats right! Have to be over 6' to get drafted these days.

    So essentially teams with lots of draft picks have supersized their team.

    Players like Ryan Duncan or JP Lamoureaux a Hobey Winner and a Hobey finalist never got drafted and both are playing pro hockey but not in the NHL

    Currently teams with lots of NHL draft picks seem to have taller players. For example look at the UMN roster, one player is 5'8" most are over 6' same thing at UND, mostly tall players.
    Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 09-28-2009, 01:51 PM.
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

      Just got negative rep from Toehimp? Not sure why? Guess he hates, elfs, Ryan Duncan, or UND or all the above.

      that explains the elf known as Duncan then huh??? Toehimp
      Why the question marks? It does explain why highly skilled players such as Ryan Duncan do and will continue to get overlooked in the NHL draft. Its because of their size.
      Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 09-28-2009, 02:22 PM.
      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

        Notre Dame

        9 players
        39 points

        1st - Kyle Palmieri - 7 points
        1st - Ian Cole - 7 points
        2nd - Teddy Ruth - 6 points
        3rd - Ryan Thang - 5 points
        4th - Sean Lorenz - 4 points
        4th - Nick Larson - 4 points
        4th - Ben Ryan - 4 points
        7th - Brad Phillips - 1 point
        7th - Kyle Lawson - 1 point
        Notre Dame Hockey
        Reigning Big Ten Champions
        Reigning CCHA Champions
        Hockey East Lineal Champions

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

          Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
          http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...the2009_draft/

          Mike and Jack Connally were not drafted?
          Oh thats right! Have to be over 6' to get drafted these days.

          So essentially teams with lots of draft picks have supersized their team.

          Players like Ryan Duncan or JP Lamoureaux a Hobey Winner and a Hobey finalist never got drafted and both are playing pro hockey but not in the NHL

          Currently teams with lots of NHL draft picks seem to have taller players. For example look at the UMN roster, one player is 5'8" most are over 6' same thing at UND, mostly tall players.
          Yea, good examples of that are two undrafted Miami alums. Dan Boyle (Sharks) is an NHL All Star and has a chance to make the Canadian olympic team and is an undrafted 5'10" defenseman. Also, Andy Greene (Devils) was an undrafted, 5'10" defenseman, as is arguably Miami's best current player, Carter Camper (5' 9") and undrafted. Then you look at Will Weber of Miami, 6"4", 220 defenseman, so far an average college d, and he's a second rounder.

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

            Lots of Great NHL players never drafted:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...re_not_drafted

            Greatest player of all time, never drafted!
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Gretzky
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

              Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
              Greatest player of all time, never drafted!
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Gretzky

              While technically true, Wayne was not drafted because he was passed over by pro teams - quite the opposite, as he signed a pro contract when he was 17 years old in the WHA, which was soon absorbed into the NHL.

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

                Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                While technically true, Wayne was not drafted because he was passed over by pro teams - quite the opposite, as he signed a pro contract when he was 17 years old in the WHA, which was soon absorbed into the NHL.
                Had to be 20 years old to be drafted. How times have changed.
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

                  Unofficial tally so far as we are going by individual unchecked reports:

                  Minnesota 90
                  Wisconsin 56
                  BU 55
                  BC 54
                  Michigan 54
                  UND 51
                  DU 47
                  Notre Dame 39
                  Mich. St. 26
                  Miami 22
                  SCSU 20
                  UMD 19
                  Cornell 13
                  RPI 13
                  Clarkson 10
                  Dartmouth 7
                  UMass-A 5
                  Union 0
                  Mich.Tech 0

                  A big Thank You to the Union and Tech fans for adding to this list even though they have none.

                  Others reporting # of draftees but not calculated by 7,6,5 etc by round are:

                  Colgate 6 drafted and Western Michigan 3 drafted

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

                    For those of you trying to calculate your own team, the following may help:

                    In this years draft only the following teams(other than those already reporting draft picks) had draft picks:

                    Harvard 2-11 pts.
                    Merrimack 2-6
                    Providence 2-6
                    Yale 2-2
                    UAA 1-3
                    UVM 1-2
                    Princeton 1-1
                    BGSU 1-1
                    UNH 1-1

                    For these teams subtract what you lost from last years team and add these figures.

                    Everyone else just subtract what you lost from last years team. Your team website should have a list of draft picks somewhere in a file like game notes which are probably still from last year.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

                      Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                      Just got negative rep from Toehimp? Not sure why? Guess he hates, elfs, Ryan Duncan, or UND or all the above.



                      Why the question marks? It does explain why highly skilled players such as Ryan Duncan do and will continue to get overlooked in the NHL draft. Its because of their size.
                      Mu apology SoCal, meant to be a pos rep. I lived in GF growing up and love going back. Got to see a few Fightin Sioux games back at the old Ralph when they didnt wear facemasks. Good times. Again, my apologies

                      stev

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

                        Originally posted by toehimp View Post
                        Mu apology SoCal, meant to be a pos rep. I lived in GF growing up and love going back. Got to see a few Fightin Sioux games back at the old Ralph when they didnt wear facemasks. Good times. Again, my apologies

                        stev
                        Thanks.
                        I was in GF when Gasparini first started coaching at the old Ralph when student admission was free, never missed a game for about 5 years. Great games competing against Minnesota and then Wisconsin for national championships. Just after the 1980 Olympics was truly a golden era for Sioux hockey.
                        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Number of NHL Draft picks on your team

                          If you'd like you can add Northeastern to the list. Two 3rds and a 7th for a total of 11 points. This is a 5 point increase from last season.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X