Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    In the NCAAs, teams that recruit players who are better suited for the college game win. Boston College just won a title with many of their top players under 5"10 and will spend as much time in the NHL as you and I.

The rankings are always based on NHL Scouting bureaus, etc and aren't always accurate to gauge how good a school's class is in regards to how they'll perform at the NCAA level. Its nice to have NHL guys, but I'd rather have a stable of fast and small forwards who want to win a national title and not as a stepping stone to a NHL career.
    Well while in theory what your saying rings true, those type of players fit York's style. Miami historically hasn't had a lot of blue chippers even in this decade of success, but they get guys to fit their system and who play hard. You can win with guys who are talented and have bright NHL futures, but they need to fit your system and buy into the program. Miami is getting those type of guys, and BC has gotten those type of guys as well. Minnesota had them early in the decade but lately they have a boat load of guys who care just about the NHL and not the system they are in. Denver and UND seem to find a healthy mix too as well as Michigan. So to say it can't happen is a stretch but some teams seem to do it better than others. BC's coaching staff is as good as it gets, so they set themselves apart from most others.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Loving the very up to date photo on the front-page.
      I had a double take when i saw that...like "is that ... nate...davis???" lol
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Name the best players in the last 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          That comment wasn't refering to the title game. Probably should of called a time out, but he historically doesn't call it. If you remember in the Regional final in '08 with a 2 goal lead against BC he didn't call it when BC scored 2 quick ones late in the second. BC then scored a third before the end of the 2nd period to steal momentum. Im not sure why he doesn't, but he doesn't like to call time outs in those situations. Maybe he puts too much trust in his players and thinks that his message he preaches at all times will ring true, but a reminder from time to time doesn't hurt lol.
          Many of the Anti-Umile fans from UHN started on that road when he wouldn't call timeouts when he needed to settle his team down or regroup them. Remember Jerry's timeout in OT in '08?
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Nice article about three of the seniors on the B School web site. The hockey program has developed quite a reputation around the academic side of the campus. Nice to see. Go here, link on right.

http://www.fsb.muohio.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              Many of the Anti-Umile fans from UHN started on that road when he wouldn't call timeouts when he needed to settle his team down or regroup them. Remember Jerry's timeout in OT in '08?
              Yea, well right or wrong he isn't in favor of it. Got to give him credit for sticking to his guns. There are plenty of times when it has paid off for him, but the problem is the times it hasn't are in really big games and for national people those are the ones that they see. He called a great time out in the first OT against Michigan this year that paid off. He has done it in times but during the season. It comes with experience too, takes time to become a big game coach. Hard to remember sometimes he isn't even 40 yet. He continues to improve as a coach and has come a long way. I think for now he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I will give it to him.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                Yes... When Miami was dominating in the OT... I then remember putting a hole in the wall shortly there after. Oh well, we'll call a timeout eventually, and maybe win 4 games to end out the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Yes... When Miami was dominating in the OT... I then remember putting a hole in the wall shortly there after. Oh well, we'll call a timeout eventually, and maybe win 4 games to end out the season.
                  there is no doubt in my mind you guys will win those 4 games to end the season sooner rather than later........... but, i must say we (BC) suffered for a much, much longer time pre 2001 of not being able to win the big ones than you have to this point. you have everything in place to be a big player for a while, good luck
                  Last edited by sterlippo1; 05-13-2010, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    there is no doubt in my mind you guys will win those 4 games to end the season sooner rather than later........... but, i must say we (BC) suffered for a much, much longer time pre 2001 of not being able to win the big ones than you have to this point. you have everything in place to be a big player for a while, good luck
                    Excellent point Sterlippo1. I remember well how long it took BC after 1949 (and I was alive for that championship, although it is a somewhat foggy recollection ). Some unbelievably great BC teams, players, and coaches in that 52 years with no titles.

Comment

The year Miami finally wins it will be a year when you guys dont expect it. I never saw our 2008 title coming. Like this year, they got hot and rolled through the postseason.

Comment

The year Miami finally wins it will be a year when you guys dont expect it. I never saw our 2008 title coming. Like this year, they got hot and rolled through the postseason.
                        exactly, 2008 WAS out of nowhere and i for one was starting to think it was going to be another 52 years (based on what went on 2003-2007) then they got it together for the tourney as they always do , except, at that point, for winning the last game, lol.............so redhawks, see you at the FF.........going to be Miami, BC, UND and Michigan in a dream match up Frozen Four

Comment

The year Miami finally wins it will be a year when you guys dont expect it.
                          Which should have been 2009 for Miami, like 2008 for BC and 2007 for Michigan State.

Comment

Spot on. Which is why Im not worried. It is extremely tough to win a title, things are solid. I try to preach patience but its hard for some people to expect it. Most people around the program have only been there for the last 5-8 years. Very few can remember the Bill Davadge days or early Gwoz days like we can. This is a blessing for us fans who have been around since the 80's. It will come some day, I have no doubt in that and when it does I will hopefully be in the stands.

Comment

exactly, 2008 WAS out of nowhere and i for one was starting to think it was going to be another 52 years (based on what went on 2003-2007) then they got it together for the tourney as they always do , except, at that point, for winning the last game, lol.............so redhawks, see you at the FF.........going to be Miami, BC, UND and Michigan in a dream match up Frozen Four
                              Take this as a compliment, but would prefer not to see you there lol. Although I guess sooner rather than later we will have to exorcise our deamons against you like we were able to do against Michigan this year but not without an ulcer....

Seriously though, could you imagine that FF??? Barry Melrose would be in heaven, although he would have to actually watch some college hockey during the year to understand it but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

2010-2011 SCHEDULE
                                ( Click on an event for complete event information )

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

Sun., Oct. 3 vs. Waterloo (exhibition) ^ Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Oct. 8 vs. New Hampshire Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Oct. 9 vs. New Hampshire Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Oct. 15 at St. Cloud State St. Cloud, Minn. TBA
                                Sat., Oct. 16 at St. Cloud State St. Cloud, Minn. TBA
                                Fri., Oct. 22 vs. Northern Michigan * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Oct. 23 vs. Northern Michigan * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Oct. 29 vs. Lake Superior State * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Oct. 30 vs. Lake Superior State * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Nov. 5 at Ferris State * Big Rapids, Mich. TBA
                                Sat., Nov. 6 at Ferris State * Big Rapids, Mich. TBA
                                Fri., Nov. 12 vs. Alaska * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Nov. 13 vs. Alaska * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Nov. 19 at Bowling Green * Bowling Green, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Nov. 20 at Bowling Green * Bowling Green, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Nov. 26 at Western Michigan * Kalamazoo, Mich. TBA
                                Sat., Nov. 27 at Western Michigan * Kalamazoo, Mich. TBA
                                Fri., Dec. 3 vs. Notre Dame * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Dec. 4 vs. Notre Dame * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Florida College Classic
                                Wed., Dec. 29 vs. Maine Estero, Fla. TBA

Thu., Dec. 30 St. Cloud State/Cornell Estero, Fla. TBA
                                Fri., Jan. 7 at Ohio State * Columbus, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Jan. 8 at Ohio State * Columbus, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Jan. 14 vs. Bowling Green * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Jan. 15 vs. Bowling Green * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Jan. 21 at Michigan State * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
                                Sat., Jan. 22 at Michigan State * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
                                Fri., Jan. 28 at Notre Dame * South Bend, Ind. TBA
                                Sat., Jan. 29 at Notre Dame * South Bend, Ind. TBA
                                Fri., Feb. 4 vs. Michigan * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Feb. 5 vs. Michigan * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Feb. 11 vs. Western Michigan * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Sat., Feb. 12 vs. Western Michigan * Oxford, Ohio TBA
                                Fri., Feb. 25 at Lake Superior State * Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. TBA
                                Sat., Feb. 26 at Lake Superior State * Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. TBA

Schedule released, great non conference schedule. Will be exciting to see UNH in town, trip to St. Cloud will be tough. Get Michigan and home, play Notre Dame 4 times along with BG, Western, and Lake st. Interesting thing is for the first time in as long as I can remember Miami only plays Ohio St. twice this season. Schedule is topped off with a trip to the Florida hockey classic where they play Maine in game one and then either St. Cloud again or Cornell.

Interesting thing is Miami will play both their former assistants 4 times. Will be fun to have Coach Bergeron back in town Jan. 14-15 and Coach Blashill on Feb 11-12.

Comment

Working...
                                X