This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

And then maybe Vermont can raise a banner for being at a banner raising?
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      And then maybe Vermont can raise a banner for being at a banner raising?
      hahahahahahahaha!!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        hahahahahahahaha!!
        UVM will actually be raising a "Last At Large Bid in the tourney" banner along with their 8th place HE banner. What a day that will be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          UVM will actually be raising a "Last At Large Bid in the tourney" banner along with their 8th place HE banner. What a day that will be!!!
          so that'll make 3 banners for UVM!! just wondering who will take Ben Smith's place on the second line with Krieder and Hayes barring defections of course, i first thought of Mullane.....................

Comment

Ammonia leak at Conte this morning..

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...ters_re_3.html
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

so that'll make 3 banners for UVM!!

Oh come on now, you are forgetting:
              "winning the season series against BC banner"
              "HE semi-finalist Banner"
              "Only team to shut out UNH in back to back games at the Whitt Banner"
              "2009 Catamount Cup Champions Banner"
              "Losing by one goal to the NC participant Moral Victory Banner"**

and of course

"Best fans in HE Banner"

This one is the second in as many years
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It really wasn't much of a stretch to say in the preseason that BC would be average this year. They were mediocre in 08-09, and were very young coming into this year. Lombardi and Price weren't goalscorers in the mold of previous BC teams, and most of the defense was freshmen and sophomores. Plus Muse was a question mark coming back from surgery.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

so that'll make 3 banners for UVM!! just wondering who will take Ben Smith's place on the second line with Krieder and Hayes barring defections of course, i first thought of Mullane.....................
                  Arnold appears to be their top "center" coming in. For continuity, I was thinking keep the top line and "4th" line together of S. Whitney-Mullane-Carey.

Kreider-Arnold-J. Hayes
                  Almeida-Ferriero-K. Hayes

Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                    It really wasn't much of a stretch to say in the preseason that BC would be average this year. They were mediocre in 08-09, and were very young coming into this year. Lombardi and Price weren't goalscorers in the mold of previous BC teams, and most of the defense was freshmen and sophomores. Plus Muse was a question mark coming back from surgery.
                    And yet York still won't win the Penrose

Comment

Ammonia leak at Conte this morning..

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...ters_re_3.html
                      I saw that on the news this morning and was wondering just what did go on at that victory celebration yesterday????

Comment

Looking for a pic of York holding the trophy Saturday night...only thing I can find on bceagles.com can't be saved on your computer. Any help?

Comment

I thought it was a little ostentatious of BU last year to throw themselves a parade.

2008, BC has a celebration, no parade. 2009, BU throws a parade. 2010, BC suddenly has one too.

Surprised York green-lighted that.
                          I imagine in 2008, BC didn't consider their Men's Hockey Team to be the "Big" sport at the school (I assume it would be basketball or football). When BU won in 2009, the sport that the school is best known for (and perhaps most proud of?) won a National Championship (for the first time in a long time), thus they wanted to spend the money to celebrate in a big way. Now that BC has proved their dominance in the sport with this win, I assume that BC athletics would now recognize hockey as their "Big" sport (or, at least, one of them) and thus the bigger celebration. Just speculation though.

Regardless...Congrats to the Eagles on their win.

Comment

Soon enough, UVM will have more banners than BC.

They raise them yearly, that is because they are really really good right?
                            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Looking for a pic of York holding the trophy Saturday night...only thing I can find on bceagles.com can't be saved on your computer. Any help?
                              Got a Mac? Just use Grab or someother screen capture program.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Working...
                                X