Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT best represented college hockey at the Frozen Four

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
    Also, much love to Michigan for having that Steve Shields display in the main concourse. The guy is pretty much one of my favorite Sabres players ever.
    Mrs. Alfa noticed that- and thought it was way cool how you reacted. Did you get a picture with the picture?

Comment

To echo the previous comments, the RIT fans were certainly one of the highlights of the weekend. They made some dreadful hockey a lot more bearable.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Mrs. Alfa noticed that- and thought it was way cool how you reacted. Did you get a picture with the picture?
        haha no, but that would have been awesome. guess I'll just have to find a reason to come back.
        e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          I'm still waiting for any Miami fan to explain to me why they cheer against their power play.
          My dad tried pointing this out to a Miami fan when they were playing at Yost this year. Miami ended up taking a penalty, scored on the 4x4, and the Michigan player served the full 2 minutes. Don't tempt the hockey gods.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            That lady was CRAAAAZY! And it looked like her son was about to get into a slug-fest with some of the RIT fans. I yelled at her from the next section over to calm down and move to another section, since there were plenty open seats around us and in pretty much any section. She didn't like that.

RIT fans definitely made Ford Field AND the Poster's Game at Yost a much better experience than it would have been otherwise. Loved some of their cheers and I hope Miami students bring a few of them back to the Goggin. It was also hilarious to hear them picking up some of ours!

And for those that think they were just excited to be at their first FF, I think that effect is typically negated when you're showing up to the game AFTER your team is knocked out. They were loud, they were fun, and they were doing everything they could to make it feel like we were at a college hockey game.

Thank you, RIT and I sincerely hope we see you in the NCAAs again in the near future!
            Yea I was the one her son was threatening. But he was a wigger kid that you could laugh off. And the fact was that she actually took a picture of us so she could sue RIT and we all waved and smiled for her was priceless.

My biggest pet peeve is when people go to sports, especially college sports, and want it to make it anything different than the insane atmosphere it is. Its what makes it IN MY OPINION the best set of sports to watch. I protest pro anything whenever possible
            R I T HOCKEY
            Atlantic Hockey Association Conference
            Regular Season Champions
            2007-2009-2010
            AHA Tournament Champions
            Frozen Four

"Were Loud and Obnoxious at hockey games!"
            Proud Corner Crew member

Comment

I'm still waiting for any Miami fan to explain to me why they cheer against their power play.
              We just don't want to upset the woofing gods by suggesting we will score...

But in reality, most people just don't think it through. During our first game at Ohio State this season, an older Buckeye fan sitting in front of me turned around after our first penalty chant and pointed out to me that I should be saying "see you in less than 2 minutes..." I told him I agreed and would give it a try for the rest of the game. The next two penalties OSU took, I said "less than 2 minutes" and Miami scored a PP goal each time. I then thanked the OSU fan for the help. He scowled at me and moved to a different section.

It was nice running into you (literally) at Yost
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

As am I

I like the cheer, I just wish we would change it to an arbitrarily short amount of time. But like RHBM said that might upset the woofing gods. It always gets some giggles out of the less hockey savvy the first time they hear it though.

Comment

Working...
                X