Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    Grant and I creeped down by where Scarlet said she was sitting during the Wisco-RIT game, but did not run into her.
    I hear you met Susie instead. Why did you leave the meet and greet so early?? I was hoping to meet you guys. And no creeping was necessary. Given that so many people bailed out that had tickets there, I think they were letting anyone down there.

Comment

Congrats BC! You proved it on the ice that you were the best team in college hockey this year. Shocking domination.

Can UNH have a turn now
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Sneep and Smith are the main losses but hopefully they can fill their shoes with other players in the lineup.

Be interesting who will be the new captains. Anybody know anything about the new recruits coming in? Don't know much about Arnold and MacCleod. Other recruits are Ferriero and Hayes.
        I have seen Ferriero play a couple times this year and Jerry & Co. may have their hands full teaching him to be a character guy. He took a couple dumb penalties when I saw him. Good talent, can fly and plays with a little more reckless abandon then his brother, but they need to keep him in line. If they can keep him out of the box he will contribute next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          I have seen Ferriero play a couple times this year and Jerry & Co. may have their hands full teaching him to be a character guy. He took a couple dumb penalties when I saw him. Good talent, can fly and plays with a little more reckless abandon then his brother, but they need to keep him in line. If they can keep him out of the box he will contribute next year.
          surprising.........i had read articles about Benn and his brother and how strict their Dad was growing up not that that necessarily translates but you know what i mean. so, i dunno, i guess we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            i just missed joe and tony during the semi's-break, i was told.
            Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I hear you met Susie instead. Why did you leave the meet and greet so early?? I was hoping to meet you guys. And no creeping was necessary. Given that so many people bailed out that had tickets there, I think they were letting anyone down there.
            We bailed because we wanted to get back to our seats and mope around, we were pretty nervous about the game lol. Also we didn't think anyone else was coming!

It's too bad, I would have loved to say hi!
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

BC players doing their best village people impression over on barstool.com. Don't feel like linking the picture.
              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

FINALLY!! Jerry York named 2010 NCAA Coach of the Year .

JER-RY JER-RY JER-RY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

dam, i thought you meant the penrose. but that isnt awarded until may 1st.

11 coaches have won multiple times

holt, blais, jeremiah, gwozdecky, parker, riley, kelley (BC), macinnes, ceglarski (BC), weiland, and comley

only gwozdecky has won at multiple schools (denver and miami)

York last won in 1977 (clark)
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    dam, i thought you meant the penrose. but that isnt awarded until may 1st.

11 coaches have won multiple times

holt, blais, jeremiah, gwozdecky, parker, riley, kelley (BC), macinnes, ceglarski (BC), weiland, and comley

only gwozdecky has won at multiple schools (denver and miami)

York last won in 1977 (clark)
                    well, honestly, me too, i didn't read well enough, my bad............great honor though regardless and the Penrose should follow, don't ya think?

Comment

it will be pretty tight with wayne wilson and mark dennehy in there. wont complain about any of the 3.

ironically, BC, BU and UNH are tied with 4 penroses per school - which is the most for any team.
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        it will be pretty tight with wayne wilson and mark dennehy in there. wont complain about any of the 3.

ironically, BC, BU and UNH are tied with 4 penroses per school - which is the most for any team.
                        It looks like Wilson has won the Penrose.
                        http://rocnow.com/article/college-sports/2010100414025

The runners-up were Jerry York and Enrico Blasi.

Comment

Congrats to BC. A hard working team who comes through in big games. It'd be nice to see that more than once every 15 years over at my alma mater. I'm happy for their fans even though they had to celebrate in Detroit.

**** Jerry York - retire already.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Muse in the Frozen Four is 4-0 as we know but his other stats are crazy. GAA is 0.75 and save % is .966 (86 out of 89)....of course the defense was just as crazy as only North Dakota had any shots, 30, and a lot of those(13) in the 3rd period when the game was already over. This year Miami got 18 SOG and Wisconsin 20, which is truly amazing that a stacked offensive team like the Badgers were held to 20 shots..........

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Congrats to BC. A hard working team who comes through in big games. It'd be nice to see that more than once every 15 years over at my alma mater. I'm happy for their fans even though they had to celebrate in Detroit.

**** Jerry York - retire already.
                              Shall we keep the trophy on Comm Ave next year?
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                              X