Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Congratulations BC!! An impressive and dominating weekend of hockey. To me, it was never in doubt.

Comment

WELL PLAYED EAGLES, WELL PLAYED.

If that isn't one big "touche'" then I don't know what one is.
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
        This BC squad could very well be there again next year... you never know we may even face BU! A rematch of '78.
        you are too kind.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        i totally agree about the class of the other team's fans, especially BU's and i was also guilty with respect to the congrats thing ..........yeah, the rivalry sure is better when both teams are powerhouses............would be nice to see NU join in again next year too
        let us not get carried away....

Originally posted by Bryan MacAvoy View Post
        4) All class from fans of other teams, and I'm really impressed with the BU folks and their kind words. Lord knows I wasn't running out to congratulate you guys last year (a belated congrats; thrilling victory of course, and it only makes our rivalry better when we're showing the country that we're powerhouses)! But thank you, and this BC fan will do his very best not to be insufferable.
        honestly? it starts with your coach. we've (family and i) seen him a couple times at HAA. i'll point out to the boys, "hey, there is Coach York". they'll see him and he hears his name and right away a big smile comes out and he looks them in the eye and asks how they are doing. (god, i hate mike milbury!! ). Coach Umile is the same way... but it's easy to hope they win if they get there.

--funny, but as i was wearing my BU jacket this weekend (can't turn and run from your team, right?). i ran into a few igles in the rink, outside the rink, and even in my hotel leaving this morning. the standard response to me was a look at the jacket and a "BU? Where are they?"

why they are home you fool!!!

silly bandwagon fans.... don't follow hockey all year and show up at the end.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Congratulations to BC on the national championship. Well played, well deserved.

I'm glad they don't play that well in the RS generally.

Scary team for the next four years with a great incoming class and not losing all that much - unless some of them go pro early....

I don't see anyone in HE really competing with them in the RS next year unless they have NC hangover like they did last year and BU did this year.

Somehow I don't see that happening with this roster though...

Comment

The ace-in-the-hole, of course, is York, who can hopefully convince players to stick around rather than leave early for the NHL/AHL.

From start to finish, I think the one team that gave BC fits was UMass-Lowell. I was at the game in January (@ Lowell) and the Riverhawks just bottled BC up big time and won 3-1. A few weeks later, Lowell did it to them again (4-1). Not sure if either Miami or Wisconsin got tapes of these games, but it sure was a good recipe against the Eagles.
            Chris V
            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Thorne is classy and blunt. Melrose is a total moron and misleads people on purpose,. He knew very well that last year was Ramage's draft year and misled people by saying it was not and that he would go 4th/5th rd this year. Total jock sniffer and a clown. made so many mistakes you would have thought he was drunk.
              Pot calling the kettle black? Barry Melrose played and coached in the NHL. Jock sniffers are sad souls like yourself, or puck bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                Congratulations to BC on the national championship. Well played, well deserved.

I'm glad they don't play that well in the RS generally.

Scary team for the next four years with a great incoming class and not losing all that much - unless some of them go pro early....

I don't see anyone in HE really competing with them in the RS next year unless they have NC hangover like they did last year and BU did this year.

Somehow I don't see that happening with this roster though...
                Sneep and Smith are the main losses but hopefully they can fill their shoes with other players in the lineup.

Be interesting who will be the new captains. Anybody know anything about the new recruits coming in? Don't know much about Arnold and MacCleod. Other recruits are Ferriero and Hayes.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                  Congratulations to Boston College on winning the national title. I got to see the Eagles play twice this season when they came to Denver for the Denver Cup featuring Denver, BC, Saint Lawrence and Nebraska-Omaha.

It may have been BC's low point of the year in that Jerry York's team lost a two goal lead each night and wind up losing both its games [to St. Lawrence and Denver]. The Eagles put that rough patch behind them and certainly closed the season with a terrific run, including manhandling Miami and Wisconsin.

BC will be return to Denver in the 2010-2011 season for a two game series against the Pioneers. I'm looking forward to what I expect will be an opportunity for Denver to measure itself against what is a perennially strong team. Again, congratulations to BC on an outstanding season.
                  It was part of a three game losing streak and a stretch where BC went 2-5. BC went 17-2-1 after that and finished the season on a 13-game unbeaten streak
                  I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Congratulations, BC- that was one heck of a Frozen Four you finished. Not the most exciting endings, but in reflection, it was one of the most interesting and dominating game plans we ever saw.

What was really interesting was how the D didn't focus on either Miami or Wisconsin's cycling down low, but focused on the big picture- keeping the puck away from the front of the net and the goalie. For a lot of both games, it looked as if Miami or Wisconsin was dictating playes, only for us to realize that both teams played right into York's game plan.

And that plan could not be executed without the players.

Both Mrs. Alfa and I really had to admire how BC won both of those games. It was kind of a work of art, and managed to keep us entertained for two games that were not exactly close at the end.

Good stuff!!

Still don't like BC at all, but respect for the team, and more respect for York was a strong result of that weekend.

Comment

• Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Congrats BC. 2 titles in 3 years. Well done!
                      2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                      2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        --funny, but as i was wearing my BU jacket this weekend (can't turn and run from your team, right?). i ran into a few igles in the rink, outside the rink, and even in my hotel leaving this morning. the standard response to me was a look at the jacket and a "BU? Where are they?"

why they are home you fool!!!
                        I enjoyed meeting you and your son. At least your son had enough smarts to be wearing Wisconsin gear!
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Congrats to BC on winning the title. They played at another level all weekend and earned everything they received.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            I enjoyed meeting you and your son. At least your son had enough smarts to be wearing Wisconsin gear!
                            me too.

i just missed joe and tony during the semi's-break, i was told.

scarlet was trying to get me to meet steve, but i didn't see her on saturday.

would have liked to meet mav and darin too.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

haha, it will have to be next time, mookie! i got lost on saturday and didnt see scarlet either. i didnt resurface until i was back in boston since my phone had died and she was my charger.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Grant and I creeped down by where Scarlet said she was sitting during the Wisco-RIT game, but did not run into her.
                                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                                -
                                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X