Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

dont underestimate the importance of lombardi, price, sneep, and smith. they may not have carried the team on the stats page - but they provided invaluable leadership that was lacking in 2009.

any success in 2011 will be based on which direction the new captains are able to steer the ship.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      dont underestimate the importance of lombardi, price, sneep, and smith. they may not have carried the team on the stats page - but they provided invaluable leadership that was lacking in 2009.

any success in 2011 will be based on which direction the new captains are able to steer the ship.
      Agreed. I get the feeling though that Gibbons in particular will be a really good senior leader next year.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Wow, what a game. If after the Yale game you told me we'd be national champions after playing Miami and Wisconsin, no way I'd believe you. Jerry York gets the guys playing well when it matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post

for sure

Comment

Just got home from Detroit, and wanted to say Congratulations to BC. OUTSTANDING job this weekend!!

Comment

Congrats BC, I hope we see you guys again next year
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Congrats BC, I hope we see you guys again next year
                Thank you, same here. Just stop acting like a horror movie villain and die the first time we kill you next time.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                BU - 2

Comment

A few thoughts:
                  1) Don't think I've ever seen such SURPRISING domination as this Frozen Four; I had myself braced because the defensive style of Miami seemed like it might give us the trouble Alaska did (with more offensive firepower to boot) and Wisconsin had all the firepower of Yale with a stronger D. Looked like it would be rough goings, but MAN- 12-1. Nicely done, boys.
                  2) Coach York; what can you say. Despite a couple trips to the FF with some heartbreakers, he seems to take pride in getting us to play our best hockey; bounces might not go our way, and we might get outplayed some years, but we'll play our best hockey when it matters, and I think we're seeing the rewards. And a friendly, classy guy to boot- I interviewed him for BC Cable, and I was nervous about interrupting a practice, but he was all smiles, and patiently gave me some insight into the upcoming postseason (this was '98).
                  3) Next year is coming up, and while I do want to take this one in some, I'll admit to being curious and thinking about it. Possible departures? Captains? Can we catch the lightning in a bottle again with respect to line chemistry, leadership, drive, defensive gelling?
                  4) All class from fans of other teams, and I'm really impressed with the BU folks and their kind words. Lord knows I wasn't running out to congratulate you guys last year (a belated congrats; thrilling victory of course, and it only makes our rivalry better when we're showing the country that we're powerhouses)! But thank you, and this BC fan will do his very best not to be insufferable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan MacAvoy View Post
                    A few thoughts:
                    1) Don't think I've ever seen such SURPRISING domination as this Frozen Four; I had myself braced because the defensive style of Miami seemed like it might give us the trouble Alaska did (with more offensive firepower to boot) and Wisconsin had all the firepower of Yale with a stronger D. Looked like it would be rough goings, but MAN- 12-1. Nicely done, boys.
                    2) Coach York; what can you say. Despite a couple trips to the FF with some heartbreakers, he seems to take pride in getting us to play our best hockey; bounces might not go our way, and we might get outplayed some years, but we'll play our best hockey when it matters, and I think we're seeing the rewards. And a friendly, classy guy to boot- I interviewed him for BC Cable, and I was nervous about interrupting a practice, but he was all smiles, and patiently gave me some insight into the upcoming postseason (this was '98).
                    3) Next year is coming up, and while I do want to take this one in some, I'll admit to being curious and thinking about it. Possible departures? Captains? Can we catch the lightning in a bottle again with respect to line chemistry, leadership, drive, defensive gelling?
                    4) All class from fans of other teams, and I'm really impressed with the BU folks and their kind words. Lord knows I wasn't running out to congratulate you guys last year (a belated congrats; thrilling victory of course, and it only makes our rivalry better when we're showing the country that we're powerhouses)! But thank you, and this BC fan will do his very best not to be insufferable.
                    A few comments from a somewhat aged Terrier:

1. Congratulations are in order to Players, Coaches, and their fans especially my good friend Butch W. who despite medical issues managed to get the entire family to Detroit. Jerry York is a good guy and a class act. Despite the emphasis on FB and BB, his teams keep BC consistently in the forefront nationally. They deserve to win because he puts them in position to win at the right time.

2. Repeating is not easy. Only three teams have done so in the last 40 years. This team looks a lot like our BU team after the 1971 win, while we lost a few good men we had the core of our team coming back and others to step up.

3. Speed kills not just on the highway but in the rinks. A couple of the goals last night appeared to be great efforts that were created by speed.

4. Perhaps the commentary that it was an "off year' for HE will cease.

5. Wouldn't it be nice if they found a good college hockey color commentator to go with Gary Thorne? I don't think Melrose does any homework and it showed when he referred to Cam Atlinson as Cam Atchison? While I love Thorne I cringed when he said BC wearing Crimson and Gold!

I'd be interested in fan reaction to the game being played in a Football stadium as opposed to an NHL venue? Gary Thorne was very clear that the FF belongs in a hockey rink.

Good Luck to all. I can't wait for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan MacAvoy View Post
                      A few thoughts:
                      (this was '98).

i totally agree about the class of the other team's fans, especially BU's and i was also guilty with respect to the congrats thing ..........yeah, the rivalry sure is better when both teams are powerhouses............would be nice to see NU join in again next year too

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                        5. Wouldn't it be nice if they found a good college hockey color commentator to go with Gary Thorne? I don't think Melrose does any homework and it showed when he referred to Cam Atlinson as Cam Atchison? While I love Thorne I cringed when he said BC wearing Crimson and Gold!
                        Thorne drove me nuts there as well. I wanted to yell at the screen that Harvard wears crimson, BC wears maroon (and gold).
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                        BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                          A few comments from a somewhat aged Terrier:
                          2. Repeating is not easy. Only three teams have done so in the last 40 years. This team looks a lot like our BU team after the 1971 win, while we lost a few good men we had the core of our team coming back and others to step up.
                          Getting there is half of the battle; LSSU was in the final three years in a row. When I look at the Frozen Four (God I hate that name, it was a cheesy marketing promo to boost interest in College Hockey) runner's up you see a pattern of great teams; many of those losses were only by a goal.

This BC squad could very well be there again next year... you never know we may even face BU! A rematch of '78.

Comment

Thorne is classy and blunt. Melrose is a total moron and misleads people on purpose,. He knew very well that last year was Ramage's draft year and misled people by saying it was not and that he would go 4th/5th rd this year. Total jock sniffer and a clown. made so many mistakes you would have thought he was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Total jock sniffer and a clown. made so many mistakes you would have thought he was drunk.
                              Does anyone else find this incredibly ironic?
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Congratulations to Boston College on winning the national title. I got to see the Eagles play twice this season when they came to Denver for the Denver Cup featuring Denver, BC, Saint Lawrence and Nebraska-Omaha.

It may have been BC's low point of the year in that Jerry York's team lost a two goal lead each night and wind up losing both its games [to St. Lawrence and Denver]. The Eagles put that rough patch behind them and certainly closed the season with a terrific run, including manhandling Miami and Wisconsin.

BC will be return to Denver in the 2010-2011 season for a two game series against the Pioneers. I'm looking forward to what I expect will be an opportunity for Denver to measure itself against what is a perennially strong team. Again, congratulations to BC on an outstanding season.
                                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X