Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

lagit team, solid domination. congrats and enjoy the good times!
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

crazy year for hockey...Denver folding so fast, as did Cornell...then, BC, as usual, getting on fire at the right time. HOWEVER, can anyone in their right mind say that they thought BC could take down 2 good teams in such dominating fashion. 12-1 in the Frozen Four. That is SICK!!!

Comment

Truly amazing run. This last decade has been a joy to be a fan of this team. Just a couple thoughts:

1) Now that John Muse has won two titles (and a chance for a third next year) I think there's a legitimate chance we'll someday see his jersey hanging from the rafters at BC. When it comes to the playoffs, he's simply on another level. He played perfectly during the Frozen Four. Now 8-0 in the NCAAs. That's a ridiculous stat.

2) Any chance we don't lose anybody to the pros? Who is a threat to leave early? Chris Kreider?

Comment

You guys looked great.

Congrats.

Just one question how on earth did UNH finish ahead of BC in the Hockey East? I saw UNH twice at the Kohl and they looked awful.

Comment

Originally posted by x-cheque View Post
            This team is better than the 2001 team, I would say. Maybe not as much individual talent, but after the last month, I'd take Atkinson, Price, Muse et al over Gionta, Kolanos, Kobasew and Clemmensen etc. Utterly, utterly dominant.
            You are out of your mind... 2001 was a much better team. The talent level in 2001 was way better then now...

Comment

Here is the really scary part (if your not a BC fan). BC will only loose 4 seniors from this years national championship team. They will return their junior starting goalie, a freshman goalie with a 10-2-1 record, their leading scorer with 30 goals 23 assist who is only a sophomore as well as 9 NHL drafted players, of which 5 are freshman. This team won't be reloading, they are loaded for the nest few years. If these guys don't jump to the NHL it could be the start of a dynasty.

Congratulations Boston College.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                Translation: BC - You won when the Frozen Four consisted of Wisconsin, BC, and two teams who had no realistic shot of winning. RIT who will never sniff the Frozen Four again and Miami who will be in the same boat.
                Instead of Fighting Sioux, maybe you should suggest the name UMD "Whining Sour Grapes."

Comment

Jerry York has always been a class act. Back in the 70's he was in our living room pitching Clarkson to my older brother and I still remember how he told me to keep my grades up and he'd be coming to recruit me in a couple years.

Congrats to the BC hockey family!

Comment

Despite all the crap Muse took these past three years, he's proven that nobody's better when the chips are down.
                    I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Job well done. I just can't understand how a Hockey East team was able to beat a WCHA team. I guess it's just a three year fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                        Job well done. I just can't understand how a Hockey East team was able to beat a WCHA team.
                        I don't blame you, since HEA teams were 5-9-0 against WCHA teams, this year.

Congrats to BC.

Comment

Muse, 5-1 in Beanpots (2 titles) , 10-1 in HE playoffs (2 titles), 8-0 in NCAA Tourney (2 titles)..........an amazing 23-2 if my figures are correct

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            Muse, 5-1 in Beanpots (2 titles) , 10-1 in HE playoffs (2 titles), 8-0 in NCAA Tourney (2 titles)..........an amazing 23-2 if my figures are correct
                            Not too shabby I'd say. If next year goes as well as anticipated, he'll be able to match himself up favorably with any BC goalie...if he's not already able to do so.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Congrats on the championship. Not much to discuss. The Eagles thoroughly dismantled what I considered the two best teams in the country coming in.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Congratulations. York is probably the best coach in college hockey and BC is one of the fastest teams in the nation. It showed in the Frozen Four. A truely dominating tournament. They also played some great defense.

Somewhat upset the WCHA didn't win it this year, but at least Wisconsin didn't win it all.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X