Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Congrats BC!!!

Great job! From mid Feb right up until last night this team was on a tear and one of the most consistent teams in the country.

Very exciting team to watch throughout the latter part of the season and especially in the Hockeyeast and NCAA tournaments. Best wishes to all you BC backers!

Even Murray.

Comment

Congratulations to the BC Eagles. A truly impressive performance from a team that, quite frankly, I had doubts whether they had enough guns to get it done. Tremendous, tremendous team effort is all it took. You represented Hockey East very well. Now, would you please return Dumoulin(ville) back to his home state?
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Congrats to BC from a Bucky fan. Clearly the best team I've seen all year and outclassed the best that the CCHA and WCHA had to offer.
        Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
          It's not just that BC lit up two other number one seeds for 12 goals. If I'm not mistaken, they're the first team ever to concede only one goal over two FF games.

Congrats BC.

And by the way, given that Yale got 7 past those guys, I'd say that they have a lot to be proud of, too. I bet they would've been plenty competitive against Miami or Wisco.
          i agree with you about Yale...surprised the heck out of me and best offense we saw all year, except ,of course, our own

Comment

Congrats BC.

Nice to see the NC come back to HE for another year.

Excellent game and excellent tourney.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Let's not forget the Hockey East Championship versus Maine. If BC doesn't win that game, the Eagle may not have gone to Worcester and this thread might not even exist.

One of the prouder stats about this BC team--besides trailing for only 55 seconds in the past dozen or so games--is that it comprises home-grown talent. On their roster, New England kids abound.

I would like to think that some of the younger kids are inclined to stick out the four years rather than jump to the Pros. Jerry York pays huge dividends there.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations to Boston College from a HE fan from another school. Thanks, Mr. York, for showing us how it's supposed to be done.
                "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                Larry David

Comment

Congratulations BC. And way to bring it home for Hockey East! We'll return the favor for you next year.

Comment

definitely well done BC. Congrats to the team and enjoy to all of the loyal eagle fans.
                    Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

Originally posted by x-cheque View Post
                      This team is better than the 2001 team, I would say. Maybe not as much individual talent, but after the last month, I'd take Atkinson, Price, Muse et al over Gionta, Kolanos, Kobasew and Clemmensen etc. Utterly, utterly dominant.
                      Hmm I'm gonna have to disagree. I'd rank them:

Not that it matters though,

Comment

The only Final game I was disappointed in was our loss against MSU in 2007. We could have won in 2006, and 1998 was a heartbreaker, but our other Final losses were vs. better teams, especially UND in 2001.

To the fans of college hockey...NOTE: Scary thought...BC should be better next year, with 90% of the team returning (including 4 Frosh on D, who will obviously be Sophmors). I don't see them losing more than 5 games, unless the don't play with the same hunger...

Comment

Congratulations to the BC Eagles -- players and coaching staff -- who put together an awesome run to keep the NC in New England. What you accomplished this weekend was incredibly impressive -- who expected such routs of Miami and Wisconsin? York once again shows that he can recruit, coach and motivate his young talent to yet another victory. Well done!

And to think that you're losing just 4 players to graduation (and maybe more to the pros?)...it's scary to think of next year's team in Hockey East play.

(And to the BC fans, congrats as well, and try not to be too insufferable )
                          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

York certainly does amazing things consistently with his kids every year. Congrats to all!
                            More Cowbell!

Comment

Originally posted by x-cheque View Post
                              This team is better than the 2001 team, I would say. Maybe not as much individual talent, but after the last month, I'd take Atkinson, Price, Muse et al over Gionta, Kolanos, Kobasew and Clemmensen etc. Utterly, utterly dominant.
                              This BC team blew past opponents in a way the 01 team didn't, that's for sure. But at the same time, you could make the argument that the competition was superior then. In fact I think there was more talent, overall, in college hockey in 01 than there is now. So it's a tough call to make there.

The only Final game I was disappointed in was our loss against MSU in 2007. We could have won in 2006, and 1998 was a heartbreaker, but our other Final losses were vs. better teams, especially UND in 2001.
                              I think you mean 2000. That one hurt because they had a two-goal lead and blew it in the 3rd period. '98 BC deserved to win but just didn't get a bounce, and the Wisconsin game from a few years ago was tight the whole way -- I think the two that would really disappoint in hindsight were '00 and '07, because they had 3rd period meltdowns and let those games slip away.

Either way, another great job by Coach York, another great run and a utterly dominant performance!
                              Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

congrats from a BU fan. loss in beanpot final was tough but left me muttering to myself, "****, that was a great hockey game". made it easier to pull for you guys vs wisco. in the name of hockey east, of course -- i still hate you guys. great stuff last night. much the better team.

Comment

Working...
                                X