Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

It's not just that BC lit up two other number one seeds for 12 goals. If I'm not mistaken, they're the first team ever to concede only one goal over two FF games.

Congrats BC.

And by the way, given that Yale got 7 past those guys, I'd say that they have a lot to be proud of, too. I bet they would've been plenty competitive against Miami or Wisco.

Comment

I AM SO HAPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN MY SENIOR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! BYAGHHHH!!!

It is going to be a very happy car ride back to Boston tomorrow.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I am so very proud of these guys. It was an honor to watch them play at Conte Forum this season, and they couldn't have capped the season in better fashion. They actually got better as the tournament went on. That's the amazing thing to me. I think that they could win the Stanley Cup if they could keep playing for a few more weeks. Thank you, Jerry York and BC, for this wonderful triumph. I'll be there next season when you raise another banner. Go Eagles!
        Come On You Eagles!
        Texas Christian alumnus, Conte Forum regular and proud husband of a BC PhD, class of 2010

BC, five-time national champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949

"Fight 'em 'till hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice!" --Dutch Meyer, legendary TCU football coach and possibly a latent hockey fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I AM SO HAPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN MY SENIOR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! BYAGHHHH!!!

i want to pos rep this explosion of smileys but i still haven't spread enough... sigh
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Congrats to Jerry York and the Boston College Eagles. Truly a college hockey dynasty before our eyes.
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Congratulations to Boston College on their 4th title.

Jerry York = Amazing coach (see Bowling Green also), and more importantly really, he's a class act. Not just for what he said about Mike Eaves and Wisconsin tonight but I also remember him bringing his team back out in 2006 to salute the fans after they'd lost the title game that night. I know it was hard on the kids but Jerry's gesture was not lost on this UW fan for sure.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                National Championships in the last three years:
                Boston 3 - WCHA 0

Anybody who doesn't think that BC should be the envy of every college program in the country is an idiot. Congrats on the title. BCs victory was a mark of consistency and constant contention over the last decade, hopefully BUs title last year doesn't become a mark of something that once happened and doesn't happen for another 15 years. Not only that but BC has constantly shown itself to be at the height of class as an organization. Another well deserved win for the team that always plays its best hockey at the right time.

And yes, I'm prepared to take the negreps coming to me from BU fans for this post.

no need for the WCHA vs. the world stuff right now, you can look at the numbers and they speak for themselves. Enjoy the win your team deserves it.

and IIRC, the WCHA went on a 5-0 run with Minnesota x 2, Denver x 2, and Wisconsin....
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Congratulations BC - a very deserving win and NC.
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                    Congratulations BC - a very deserving win and NC.
                    Translation: BC - You won when the Frozen Four consisted of Wisconsin, BC, and two teams who had no realistic shot of winning. RIT who will never sniff the Frozen Four again and Miami who will be in the same boat.
                    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                      Translation: BC - You won when the Frozen Four consisted of Wisconsin, BC, and two teams who had no realistic shot of winning. RIT who will never sniff the Frozen Four again and Miami who will be in the same boat.
                      The top team in the country had no realistic shot of winning?

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        Btw, this might be the weakest BC team outside of the 2009 team in the last 6 years and they still stomped their way to a National Title: says all you need to know about who the best coach in the game today.
                        Have to disagree on something here. This team is better than the 2008 team.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                          Miami's been in the Frozen Four two years in a row now...they don't seem to be a fluke when it comes to making it there. They just seem to have trouble when a school has the word "Boston" on their sweater. What would have been a better Frozen Four? Denver or UNH (who both stumbled into the tourney) instead of RIT? Michigan who needed to win the CCHA to make the NCAAs? Bemidji who people look at in a similar light as RIT? BC beat the teams in front of them, and they outscored the #1 and #3 team in the country 12-1. Nice try discrediting that.
                          Boston College '12
                          1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Well Played! Job Well Done
                            UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

I am very happy for you and enjoyed your enthusiasm , we need more like you. Have a safe ride home! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Have to disagree on something here. This team is better than the 2008 team.
                                This team is better than the 2001 team, I would say. Maybe not as much individual talent, but after the last month, I'd take Atkinson, Price, Muse et al over Gionta, Kolanos, Kobasew and Clemmensen etc. Utterly, utterly dominant.
                                BC'04

"Think they show speed racer here?"

"he like jumped up and down way more than necessary and then proceeded to wave his stick in the air as if it was a rope and he was going to round up some loose cattle"

Comment

Working...
                                X