Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College - 2010 Men's Division 1 National Champions

Congrats on the title. The rest of college hockey is going to have to wait for York's retirement before another team ascends to the top to take your spot.

Btw, this might be the weakest BC team outside of the 2009 team in the last 6 years and they still stomped their way to a National Title: says all you need to know about who the best coach in the game today.
    Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 04-10-2010, 09:50 PM.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      National Championships in the last three years:
      Boston 3 - WCHA 0

Anybody who doesn't think that BC should be the envy of every college program in the country is an idiot. Congrats on the title. BCs victory was a mark of consistency and constant contention over the last decade, hopefully BUs title last year doesn't become a mark of something that once happened and doesn't happen for another 15 years. Not only that but BC has constantly shown itself to be at the height of class as an organization. Another well deserved win for the team that always plays its best hockey at the right time.

And yes, I'm prepared to take the negreps coming to me from BU fans for this post.
      i am relatively new to this but I am not afraid to admit i enjoy reading the BU threads..................thanks, we respect you guys and your big time accomplishments too....

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
        Any doubt Coach York is the best in the country? I don't think so.
        He's never even voted the Coach of the Year in his own conference.
        How the hell could he be the best in the country?
        Is OK... we'll keep Jerry just the same.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          He's never even voted the Coach of the Year in his own conference.
          How the hell could he be the best in the country?
          Is OK... we'll keep Jerry just the same.
          amen...............can you be any prouder that he is Coach??

Comment

Congrats Eagles - two national titles in three years! A dominating performace in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              And yes, I'm prepared to take the negreps coming to me from BU fans for this post.
              Well, then, I guess that makes two of us. As a BU season ticket holder, instead of yelling "BC sucks," we should try to emulate their success. Congratulations to the Eagles. That was a complete demolition and maybe the most dominating Frozen Four performance in two consecutive games that I've ever seen. They were clearly the best team and deserved to win.

Comment

Congrats to BC. They played a hell of a game, didn't make many mistakes, and capitalized on their opportunities. They won the game and the championship tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                  Btw, this might be the weakest BC team outside of the 2009 team in the last 6 years and they still stomped their way to a National Title: says all you need to know about who the best coach in the game today.
                  Not sure I agree with that. One of the things that York is not afraid to do is play ALL of his players early in the year so that by March he can roll four lines consistently. Since the pairwise became such a big deal, most of the other coaches are afraid to "experiment" because they don't want to lose a game. It's become like college football (where there's no playoff and it's even MORE exaggerated) - you lose ONE game in September and you're out of National Championship contention. But York doesn't care, because he knows sacrificing one or two in November will balance out in March when his deeper and more experienced players win. This BC team went 12-0-1 in its last 13 games. I wouldn't say that was "weak."

Comment

Congrats BC, it was a joy to watch.

And I hope RIT gets to cross paths with you in a Frozen Four again one day.

Enjoy ...
                    -M

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Not sure I agree with that. One of the things that York is not afraid to do is play ALL of his players early in the year so that by March he can roll four lines consistently. Since the pairwise became such a big deal, most of the other coaches are afraid to "experiment" because they don't want to lose a game. It's become like college football (where there's no playoff and it's even MORE exaggerated) - you lose ONE game in September and you're out of National Championship contention. But York doesn't care, because he knows sacrificing one or two in November will balance out in March when his deeper and more experienced players win. This BC team went 12-0-1 in its last 13 games. I wouldn't say that was "weak."
                      This team gave up 6 goals to Maine and 7 to Yale, right? That seems to suggest that even late in the season BC was having some trouble defensively. York addressed that and I've never been more impressed with the job he and his assistants did with the young defense this year.

Its amazing how BC can bring in freshman and they look like seasoned veterans by the end of the season. York's practices must be like the Matrix.

"I know national champion caliber defense."
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Congrats to BC.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Congrats guys! Way to keep the big prize in Hockey East.

Comment

Nice work boys! If it has to go to Hockey East, BC is by far the best option in my humble opinion.
                            Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                            NFL Min
                            MLB NYM, Min
                            NHL Min, Dal
                            NCAAB Min, Baylor
                            NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                            Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Congrats on winning the National Title. I was very impressed with the team. I hope that sometime RIT and Boston College can hook up for a game sometime (though after RIT licks its wounds from the beat-down we got from Wisconsin )
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Congrats, well played at both ends of the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X