Clear All

• Harry Z signs contract with Flyers!

From today's Brown Daily Herald:

http://www.browndailyherald.com/zoln...yers-1.2507721

Congrats, Harry!

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Saw Mark Hourihan play quite a bit at Nobles. How did he look this year?
      Mark has good skills and a solid understanding of the game. The jump from prep school directly to Division I hockey is always a big one, but Mark has adjusted well to the college game. He's actually a bit ahead of schedule in his development as a Division I player, which bodes well for his sophomore year and beyond.

Comment

The following have until Friday at 7PM to get their 2nd Round picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs

95virago
        alslammerz
        BigRedBrouhaha
        Brett Gobe
        Brian Sullivan
        burgie12
        cnor79
        Go Puckman
        hawthr
        hockeyplayer1015
        jmhusker
        johnk
        Maine-iac
        Mike Hutter
        Onion Man
        Palaeopitus
        PutItBackOn
        REDaero91
        redrocker
        Rhamilton
        Rjm7272
        rockandrock44
        slu fan
        sshablak
        StayPuftMMcu
        TchrBill
        TheValleyRaider
        unionbob
        UnionPuckLove
        UnionTDX04
        vicb
        Wholin1
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Less than 13 hours to go to get your picks in. You have until 7PM toknight

Contestant
          95virago
          Brian Sullivan
          burgie12
          cnor79
          hockeyplayer1015
          jmhusker
          johnk
          Maine-iac
          Onion Man
          PutItBackOn
          redrocker
          Rhamilton
          rockandrock44
          slu fan
          StayPuftMMcu
          unionbob
          UnionPuckLove
          UnionTDX04
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

With Tim Army having resigned from Providence College, one would have to assume that Brown excellent first assistant and PC graduate, Jerry Keefe, would be a strong candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
              With Tim Army having resigned from Providence College, one would have to assume that Brown excellent first assistant and PC graduate, Jerry Keefe, would be a strong candidate.
              Let's hope they look elsewhere. Jerry's been great for this team, and continuity is always desirable among the coaching staff (which Grillo never seemed to obtain), especially with such a young team.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                Let's hope they look elsewhere. Jerry's been great for this team, and continuity is always desirable among the coaching staff (which Grillo never seemed to obtain), especially with such a young team.
                Jerry has done an excellent job and I would love for him to continue working for Brown, but he deserves a shot at a Division I coaching job. I have a high regard for him.

Maybe I should act in a more selfish manner and not start making public comments about Jerry's ability and professionalism.

Union's Rick Bennett (also a PC graduate) will probably be another strong candidate, but perhaps this conversation belongs in the PC thread...

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/16/ecac...rookie-squads/

Maclellan makes 2nd team All-ECAC, but Zolnierczyk gets royally robbed. The Ivy League Player of the Year can't even make Honorable Mention? Something's fishy.

Robertson made the All-Rookie team.

Comment

Maclellan makes 2nd team All-ECAC, but Zolnierczyk gets royally robbed. The Ivy League Player of the Year can't even make Honorable Mention? Something's fishy.

Ivy League awards (and ECAC awards) are based solely on play in league games. So Harry Z. may have been the best player in the Ivy subset of games, but I don't see this as a major slight to him in the overall scheme of things. Per the ECAC website - he is tied for 7th in goals (with 10), and part of a 7 way tie for 17th in overall points in the ECAC (with 17). I guess I could see putting him on the third team ahead of Jeremy Welsh, but otherwise it's hard to say he deserved it over somebody else on the list. My guess is his penalty minutes and reputation for...less than cerebral play at times played against him.

Comment

Less than 50 hours to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs Final Round.
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                        Ivy League awards (and ECAC awards) are based solely on play in league games. So Harry Z. may have been the best player in the Ivy subset of games, but I don't see this as a major slight to him in the overall scheme of things. Per the ECAC website - he is tied for 7th in goals (with 10), and part of a 7 way tie for 17th in overall points in the ECAC (with 17). I guess I could see putting him on the third team ahead of Jeremy Welsh, but otherwise it's hard to say he deserved it over somebody else on the list. My guess is his penalty minutes and reputation for...less than cerebral play at times played against him.
                        Fair enough, but I defy you to find a player who was more integral to his team's success than Harry. He was the heart and soul of Brown hockey this season. Intangibles should count for something too, if you ask me (but then again, no one did ).

Comment

I dont think Harry got robbed. Congrats to Robertson for making All-Rookie. Great future ahead
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Intangibles should count for something too, if you ask me.
                            Perhaps it was his 128 PIM (87 ECAC)? He missed one league game and 2 games total just sitting in the box. That's double anyone else in the league.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Perhaps it was his 128 PIM (87 ECAC)? He missed one league game and 2 games total just sitting in the box. That's double anyone else in the league.
                              Look, we all recognize that Harry isn't the cleanest player in the league. But without him, I can think of two games right off the top of my head that we would not have won this year (and there are probably several more): Yale and Cornell. He was the sole reason we won both of those games, and I could probably say that about at least two or three others. At the end of the day, Maclellan is probably a better player than Harry, but Harry was by and away more integral to his team than anyone else in the league. He took over games singlehandedly and got under every opponents skin. That has to count for something.

Comment

Harry Z had his debut last night with the Adirondack Phantoms - 1 goal and no penalties.

Story about the team's style and Harry's as well is below with link

http://poststar.com/sports/article_c...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Working...
                                X