Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Geoffrin wins Hobey?

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
    Someone has to know unless they pick names out of a hat during the ceremony.
    You know what I meant *******.

Comment

I don't get why they haven't taken it down yet. Do they not have a "delete" button?
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

It's down sadly.

Comment

3:41: it's down. That was a matter of a few minutes since the first time I saw it.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
            It's down sadly.
            Heh, of course, right after I post it's taken down.

Still, over an hour is a long time to leave up a major mistake like that.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

"Story not Found. You have reached this in error."

Those weasels in the media won't take responsibility for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                You know what I meant *******.
                Yeah I would say things leak out. Most recently there's been a major leak involving the NCAA bb selection show for the last couple years. Some guy was posting the matchups on a Maryland? message board a full 3 hours before it was released to the public even while games were still being played.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                  Does the media or anybody else even know who wins beforehand?
                  I know someone on the committee (the dad of one of my kid's hockey teammates), I should let him know about this article.

Edit: Sent it to the committee member.
                  Last edited by goldy_331; 04-09-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    I know someone on the committee (the dad of one of my kid's hockey teammates), I should let him know about this article.

Edit: Sent it to the committee member.
                    That will be interesting to follow up on.

Is the consensus here that this was an article that was pre-written and posted by accident, or a leak?
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                      That will be interesting to follow up on.

Is the consensus here that this was an article that was pre-written and posted by accident, or a leak?
                      I have little doubt they wrote both articles, so they could post it fast. That's what I'd do. But I'm further guessing it was leaked and some staffer screwed up by not holding up the posting until the embargo deadline.

That's my guess.

Comment

This sucks
                        I was hoping Gustav would win, congrats to Geoffrin
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

There is no consensus needed when both Chuck Schwartz and I have confirmed with the writer that two versions were written and one was accidentally posted by someone else at madison.com
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            There is no consensus needed when both Chuck Schwartz and I have confirmed with the writer that two versions were written and one was accidentally posted by someone else at madison.com
                            I didn't catch that first read through; thanks. This makes sense.
                            I haven't been on here in a year...
                            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              As I said, I have no doubt there were two stories written. The mystery is, why was one posted? And why was it the one where he won and not the one where he lost? Hmmm?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                                As I said, I have no doubt there were two stories written. The mystery is, why was one posted? And why was it the one where he won and not the one where he lost? Hmmm?

Inquiring minds want to know.
                                **** happens, before the scott brown vs martha coakley special election, boston.com accidentally had full results for the election posted showing coakley winning 51% to 49%, it ended up being a test run of the system but it was available for anyone that wanted to see the results for a short while...I'm sure both were "posted," but neither was suppose to be posted somewhere that the public could get to...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X