X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2010-2011: Reclaim The Pride

Originally posted by Ref Hater View Post
    Oh well...so much for that thought.
    I missed both games this weekend.. what happened on Saturday!
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Greetings from Tierra del Fuego, where I am only able to follow the box scores. Sadly, splitting series the rest of the way is not going to get Bentley a bye in the first round, although I am not sure that would be the for the best anyway. Go Falcons!

Comment

Ok, this thead appears to have gone in the same direction as Bentley's season. But, the Falcons have a chance to extend their season with a win against Sacred Heart at the JAR this Saturday night. Go Falcons!

"Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
        Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're all expelled. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
        D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
        Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
        Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
        Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
        Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
        [thinks hard of something to say]
        Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!"

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Ok, this thead appears to have gone in the same direction as Bentley's season. But, the Falcons have a chance to extend their season with a win against Sacred Heart at the JAR this Saturday night. Go Falcons!

"Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
          Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're all expelled. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
          D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
          Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
          Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
          Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
          Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
          [thinks hard of something to say]
          Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!"
          I just got lazy. Very lazy. There has been some good Bentley hockey coverage on a couple of local websites so I will be checking for them as we get closer to Saturday.

The same guy - Dan Rubin - who has been covering the team for USCHO gave a couple of AHA, ECAC, and Hockey East articles for www.noontimesports.com - there's a preview up of the AHA with Bentley still to come.

Rory Duyon has a story from last weekend's home game against Holy Cross up on uscho.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Here's a preview of the Bentley-Sacred Heart game from www.noontimesports.com

http://noontimesports.com/2011/03/02...s-post-season/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              Here's a preview of the Bentley-Sacred Heart game from www.noontimesports.com

http://noontimesports.com/2011/03/02...s-post-season/
              I am not sure why racking up penalty minutes is a good thing, although the Falcons are third in the AH with an 85% kill rate on the season.

From Dan Rubin's article: "Bentley’s defensemen do a wonderful job of playing instigator roles. Mike Switzer amassed 34 PIM on his own on December 3 against Robert Morris. He has 114 on the season, along with 3-7-10 totals. Ryan Kayfes had 30 PIM during that same RMU game, amassing 80-plus this season."

I think with the exception of two bad games, goal tending has not been the problem for the Falcons this year. Rather, I believe that it has been Bentley's inability to score goals and protect a lead that placed them where they are. That said, I think that Bentley should prevail this Saturday night, and perhaps Rubin's prediction for a Bentley 5-3 win is about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                I am not sure why racking up penalty minutes is a good thing, although the Falcons are third in the AH with an 85% kill rate on the season.

From Dan Rubin's article: "Bentley’s defensemen do a wonderful job of playing instigator roles. Mike Switzer amassed 34 PIM on his own on December 3 against Robert Morris. He has 114 on the season, along with 3-7-10 totals. Ryan Kayfes had 30 PIM during that same RMU game, amassing 80-plus this season."

I think with the exception of two bad games, goal tending has not been the problem for the Falcons this year. Rather, I believe that it has been Bentley's inability to score goals and protect a lead that placed them where they are. That said, I think that Bentley should prevail this Saturday night, and perhaps Rubin's prediction for a Bentley 5-3 win is about right.
                I'm not sure what happened last night, but I hope that collapse doesn't resonate into the coming years. That was flat out bad, and now the Achilles' heel of lack of desire and poor PP came back and cost the Falcons their season.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                  I'm not sure what happened last night, but I hope that collapse doesn't resonate into the coming years. That was flat out bad, and now the Achilles' heel of lack of desire and poor PP came back and cost the Falcons their season.
                  I ended up in Durham instead of Watertown on Saturday night, but from the box score, looks like a tough third period for the Breton-Stonacek-Hartung second line, Trent Bonnett on D, and Joe Calvi in net. All will be back next season to redeem themselves, except for Calvi, whom I am sorry saw his Bentley career end on such a sour note. Agreed, the Bentley PP was not a strength this season.

Best wishes to seniors Joe Calvi, Dustin Cloutier, Erik Peterson, and Brandon Graffunder in their post-Bentley careers.

Comment

This past season, the Bentley Falcons lost back-to-back 3-2 heart-breakers against the Air Force Falcons on New Years Eve Eve and New Years Eve at the John A Ryan rink in Watertown.

This coming season, the Bentley Falcons are scheduled against Yale on New Years Day in New Haven, and against UMass on October 14th in Amherst.

I like how this schedule is shaping up for the Falcons!

Comment

Working...
                    X