Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

My reactions:

- UW came out flat just like Miami did. They had moments where they got up and down the ice like BC but couldn't keep it up. Our defense got caught flat footed on too many occasions letting odd man rushes go & testing a clearly shaky Gudmundson.

- There was no excuse for the 3rd & 4th goals that both went 5-hole. They were like mirror images.

- Wow, BC is overall a very short team. I talked to a BU fan afterward who was surprised Eaves didn't tell his players to keep their arms down & make a point to lead with a shoulder rather than their arms. Those 3 contact to the head penalties killed UW.

- As pointed out earlier, BC just wanted it more. They hustled more & constantly got around UW players - not just the defense. They got back to defense better, followed through with checks better, basically they just plain played better which might explain why they won!
    Originally posted by Tiggsy
    I wouldn't hesitate to watch the game if it was shown on Lifetime or QVC, both channels which I may put slighly above [BigTen Network] at this point.

Comment

Wisconsin was in good shape towards the end of the 2nd period. Had some pressure...the game was right there for them. I think the 2nd goal combined with the Stepan injury rattled Gudmandson and the rest of the Badgers. They were undisciplined after that and took themselves out of the game entirely.

BTW, the penalty on Craig Smith in the 3rd was blatant.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Wisconsin was in good shape towards the end of the 2nd period. Had some pressure...the game was right there for them. I think the 2nd goal combined with the Stepan injury rattled Gudmandson and the rest of the Badgers. They were undisciplined after that and took themselves out of the game entirely.
        With the way BC was playing, Badgers could not afford any more mistakes if they wanted to get back in game, second goal broke the back in my opinion.

Not to say Badgers could not have got back in game, but Muse was playing extremely well and Badgers were not generating a lot of chances (thanks to BC defense).

Credit to BC

Comment

Working...
        X