Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

Originally posted by MadcityBadger View Post
    Congrats to BC! Hopefully we can meet again soon for the rubber match, as it stands at 1-1 now...
    If we are talking NCAA matchups, it's technically tied at 2-2, but your two wins slightly trump our two wins . . . we'll just have to play another some day soon!
    See you over at Eagleaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
      I'm going to pick out this paragraph to disagree with. I kept saying to my dad that our third and fourth lines were putting more pressure on than our first and second tonight. We do have depth. That being said, we did lose, so I won't say any more about that.
      You do have depth when compared to the rest of the NCAA, but not Boston College. Not even close with the forwards, but your D depth is excellent.

Still wasn't good enough, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mook Williams View Post
        Over the top makes it fun!

How boring would it be to read this thread if we were all completely civil . . .
        I agree 100%...before the game....

And so far everyone (even you Mookie poo) has be civil after the game

Comment

YES!!!

Another trophy for Coach Champion!!
          Boston College Hockey: God's Team on Ice

Originally posted by Happy
          Just remember this. there are 58 teams in Div 1 college hockey, and the most feared and hated teams are Minnesota, Michigan, and Boston College.

Comment

Oh yeah, now that I got the niceties out of the way....

6 is still > 4

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
              Oh yeah, now that I got the niceties out of the way....

6 is still > 4

Come check back in by 2020 . . . . !!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                Before we let you get carried away a quick history check of the last ten years--the national title scoreboard looks like this

WCHA 5
                Hockey Least 4*
                CCHA 1

* 3 of these are BC's
                I can play that game too!

If you look at the finalists for the last 20 years, it is almost 2-1 Hockey East; 19-11

Comment

Congrats to BC. They outplayed Wisconsin pretty much from the middle of the 1st. I knew that the team that scored the first goal was going to win, and they did everything they needed to.

Thanks to all the Wisconsin seniors for the great 4 years, it's been an honor to watch you grow and mature as hockey players and men.
                  Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Congrats to BC. Surprised it went that way, but congrats to them.

Comment

Oh, and adult beverages do help to dull the sting from losing 5-0. Again, congrats to BC, I truly am humbled by the performance they put up vs Wisconsin.
                      Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Speed can be talked about and depth and Muse, but there was one sequence in particular that summed up the night.

In the third UW was coming in short handed and down by at least 3 and our first player with the puck was poked and we had a trailer who a BC back-checker picked up and denied and then we had a third player come in and he was also caught by the final back-checking forward. Even on that play, every BC player killed themselves to get back. That's effort and desire, not simply speed.

BC was tenacious beyond belief and won the vast majority of the one on one battles. To me THAT was the difference in the game as we never had a chance to get anything going and then the game was blown open late.

Coaches who are having a hard time illustrating effort and outworking your opponent should show this game to their players. A clinic for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          That's effort and desire, not simply speed.
                          I agree. After the second (or maybe it was the third) BC goal, I said that I'd take my time out now. I thought who needs that at the end of the game, if you are down too much.

If I was coach (and maybe someday, I'll have the opportunity with some squirts ), I would have pulled my players into the bench and said, "This is the National Championship game. Do you want to be National Champions, or do you want to be runner ups."

Then I would have made them sit for there for the rest of time out to think about it.

Alas, Mike didn't ask me for my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PKN View Post
                            I can play that game too!

If you look at the finalists for the last 20 years, it is almost 2-1 Hockey East; 19-11
                            I'll play, In the last 20 years, NCAA Champions, WCHA 8, HE 7
                            I count 19-13 for finalists (just checking your math ) or did you not count "92" when the NCAA vacated the Badgers appearance . Also don't forget Northern Michigan was in the WCHA in "91".
                            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

I agree with all that's been said about BC's speed, desire, hustle and everything else, congrats on your win.

Now my main vent, I thought the second goal was the killer, Goody has to make that save, it was not a great shot IMO. The 4th goal was almost the exact same thing. The D-man got beat on both but the goalie has to bail them out on plays like that.

Once again congrats BC.

Now I'm done.

Edit: No I'm not.
                              On a positive note, Dany Heatly just scored #40 on the year and #300 in his career.

Edit: on a negative note: scratch the Heatly comment, they gave Marleau credit for a tip in.
                              Last edited by badgerhawk; 04-10-2010, 11:16 PM.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                                I agree with all that's been said about BC's speed, desire, hustle and everything else, congrats on your win.

Now my main vent, I thought the second goal was the killer, Goody has to make that save, it was not a great shot IMO. The 4th goal was almost the exact same thing. The D-man got beat on both but the goalie has to bail them out on plays like that.

Once again congrats BC.

Now I'm done.

Edit: No I'm not.
                                On a positive note, Dany Heatly just scored #40 on the year and #300 in his career.
                                Agreed on the second goal. So weak.

Pavelski had an assist on the first goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X