• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LtPowers
    replied
    Re: "Who *are* these guys?" - Your RIT Primer

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
    Believably, they lost in the Frozen Four semi final game, in Detroit, to Wisconsin, 8-1, the most devastating loss in team history.

Fixed that for ya.

Just kidding, a little good 'ol fashoned ribbing. I'm looking forward to seeing RIT in the tourney again.
    As painful as it was, it wasn't a game we were expected to win, so it doesn't really match up.

There's no feeling like losing your first game of the season in the national championship. On home ice. Trust me.

Powers &8^]

Leave a comment:

• ganzhimself
    replied

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Unbelievably, they lost in the championship game, at home, to SUNY Plattsburgh, 6-2, the most devastating loss in team history.
    Believably, they lost in the Frozen Four semi final game, in Detroit, to Wisconsin, 8-1, the most devastating loss in team history.

Fixed that for ya.

Just kidding, a little good 'ol fashoned ribbing. I'm looking forward to seeing RIT in the tourney again.

Leave a comment:

• MoFan
    replied

Oops, was thinking about Cornell, who lost to UNH. In my despair I have stopped thinking clearly. But by the transitive property they beat Cornell anyway..........just kidding. In any event, beating two WCHA teams wouldn't be bad.

Leave a comment:

• LtPowers
    replied

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
    I'm sure it has been noted elsewhere, but if RIT and Miami win in the semis, RIT will have the opportunity to beat ECAC, Hockey East, WCHA and CCHA teams for the title.
    We haven't played an ECAC team since the loss to St. Lawrence in October.

Powers &8^]

Leave a comment:

• JD Doe
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Are you by chance a 16 year old girl?
    Yes I am... why do you want to do me? Trust me, I'd be worth the prison time...

On my way downtown to start the FF weekend of partying... OMG, now if I can just find that fake id of mine.

Best of luck to RIT tonight!

Leave a comment:

• MoFan
    replied

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
    After that game, Chris and his buddies were playing an amended form of ping pong
    I believe I'm familiar with this game.

Thanks for the info, good luck to RIT. I'm sure it has been noted elsewhere, but if RIT and Miami win in the semis, RIT will have the opportunity to beat ECAC, Hockey East, WCHA and CCHA teams for the title. That would be something.

Leave a comment:

• Muskieman
    replied

Originally posted by JD Doe View Post
    I had to laugh yesterday morning during one of the local Detroit newscasts where the SPORTS guy called RIT... Rhode Island Technological...

I swear to god that is what he said! I was like, he just did not say that, did he?

I'll be cheering for whichever team brings the biggest and most rowdy crowd.

If not, could be a quiet Saturday night in Ford Field...
    Don't feel bad. The PA Announcer at UMASS-Amherst announced the score after period 1 when SLU played there two seasons ago and said "St. Louis University." I guess the Saints were the Billikens that night.

Leave a comment:

• john g
    replied

Originally posted by john g View Post
    This Maine fan will be cheering for RIT!! Good luck in the Frozen Four....hopefully our seats will not be 100 miles from the ice surface!

I would love to add an RIT puck to my puck collection - if anyone out there would like to add a Maine puck to their collection, I would love to swap one with you....I will not be able to get back to Maine before Tuesday morning so please respond to my email address and we can arrange a swap then.

jgabarra@aol.com

Thanks! Go RIT!!!!!
    RIT fans, I have had some responses so I think I am all set with a puck. Thanks and GO RIT!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by JD Doe View Post
    I swear to god that is what he said! I was like, he just did not say that, did he?
    Are you by chance a 16 year old girl?

Thanks for the info on RIT. Very informative. You'll have a lot of fans in Detroit, I'm sure...
    Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JD Doe
    replied

I had to laugh yesterday morning during one of the local Detroit newscasts where the SPORTS guy called RIT... Rhode Island Technological...

I'll be cheering for whichever team brings the biggest and most rowdy crowd.

If not, could be a quiet Saturday night in Ford Field...

Leave a comment:

• Nooner
    replied

Lovin Cup-not a bad place to sent to. They have some wonderful coffee down there! And delicious sandwiches. My favorite being hot for teacher.

Leave a comment:

• Muskieman
    replied

The info. on RIT is appreciated, although I knew some of it because my son (Chris) graduated from "Brick City" last May. Suffice it to say that his RIT Degree in Applied Systems and Network Administration (whatever that means) has already served him well but he had to work his butt off at RIT. It is a tremendous school.

Myself a longtime and avid SLU fan for 41-years, Chris is well aware of many things about SLU Hockey. Among them is our 5-26-0 all-time record in the NCAA's, to which he's been busting on me that it took RIT only 2 days to win 40% of the number of NCAA games that SLU has won. Didn't know that he was so good at Math and, boy, is he flirting with danger.

Wanted to watch the game live with him tomorrow but he has to work. I'll be rooted like heck for the Tigers in his absence and taping the game for his later viewing.

Just one RIT Hockey story to share. I attended the SLU at RIT game at the BC Arena two season ago where SLU escaped 2-1. Went down in pre-game to say Hi to the SLU coaches and screamed alone SLU SLU SLU as the Saints came out for warmups. Well, the Corner Crew made it very clear how they felt about me and one of the SLU Coaches remarked to me while I was taking a well-deserved beating, "it doesn't get any better than this." That was loyalty/fan support at its best.

After that game, Chris and his buddies were playing an amended form of ping pong,and I kept chanting SLU, SLU, SLU and got kicked out on the balcony at his dorm/apt. every time. Should have gone downstairs to the Luvin Cup (I hope spelled correctly). Well, you guys are getting the last laugh now.

GO TIGERS!

Brian
    SLU '76
    Last edited by Muskieman; 04-07-2010, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Bemidji State was the RIT of 2009!

Leave a comment:

• Mania
    replied

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
    R.I.T the Bemidji State of 2010
    If history repeats itself we won't be able to win a national championship until we play Bemidji State in the final...the next year will be followed by Bemidji state winning the national championship.

Leave a comment:

• BUPhD
    replied

Originally posted by eyeoutthere View Post
    Excellent post!

You'll see a lot of this from the stands.

R I T
    Woo! *waves hands*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X