Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Z. Cohen and Smolinsky never broke any rules (AFAIK) so they were just going to be given the boot for not fitting the mold of "terrier hockey players," that is not the case here.

Also what makes people assume that the captains have not vouched for players already this offseason, remember we didn't find out about the previous situation until after the following season when a book was written about the team.
    I certainly agree about ZFC and Smo and said as much. Is it possible that they were being "given the boot" because their scholarship money was needed instead?

As for what changed with Vinny from what was reported by FL and BU Hammer we may never know. Maybe Jack had an epiphany.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      I don't think it really takes a genius to consider the possibility that maybe Parker didn't like the way Vinny responded to a suspension and/or his brother's dismissal.
      i won't assume certainly a few possibilities though.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        that is a very pivotal movie for people my age

1) kept me outta law school for one thing!
        2) taught me to never make fun of a girl who thinks she may be big when you are about to score.
        3) "don't stalk women doctors!"
        4) and got me to experience the peak of judd nelson's career
        It's no "Bachelor Party".
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
          It's no "Bachelor Party".
          from that we learned different lessons.

1) being a mall photographer is a decent job
          2) idiots drive porsches
          3) nuns are available after vespers
          4) and it got me to experience the peak of twanny kittaen's career.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            I think you may be looking at the symptoms and missing the disease. You are trying to connect offenses and punishments and look for rationale. That's not what Parker is doing, in my opnion. The dismissal was 'cumulative', and probably had much more to do with less specific surface offenses like drinking or missing practice and much more to about general attitude, team chemisty, and influence on others. Jack Parker is a legend who has been coaching for 35+ years and has seen a lot of hockey players come and go. If he believes it's in his team's best interest to dismiss a player, you should give him the benefit of the doubt. He may have had any number of reasons for waiting as long as he did. Perhaps he wanted to see improvements. Perhaps he needed to line-up his replacements. Maybe there were outside inlfluences. The fact the both brothers were dismissed leads me to believe he was trying to remove a bad situation...
            That's all fine and good, but we've been down this road before and, as it turns out, he was wrong. I feel like the commitment to play hockey at a D1 school goes both ways. Shouldn't the coaching staff work harder to make a situation work? Why so quick to cut bait? (Is there counseling for these situations? )

I guess what I'm saying is, did Vinny sleep with 100 women (and the baby-sitter) or did he flirt a bit, wreck the car, and burn the pot roast? I hope Jack's not tossing out post roast burners.

BU Hockey: D-I-V-O-R-C-E
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              from that we learned different lessons.

1) being a mall photographer is a decent job
              2) idiots drive porsches
              3) nuns are available after vespers
              4) and it got me to experience the peak of twanny kittaen's career.
              I like the "twanny" typo. It's like Elmer Fudd is the nerdy guy Gary who hooks up with the "woman". ("No! Not her! She pees standing up! I think she's a twanny!")
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                I hope Jack's not tossing out post roast burners.
                If the boys are roasting posts, we may have a different kind of locker room chemistry problem on our hands.
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  I'll go to BC or somewhere else other than BU."

are you new here? this has already been happening for many years.
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Current and future BU recruits must be pretty turned off by Parker's willingness to hold press conferences and provide quotes about things that should be handled internally. There's no reason for Parker to bad mouth these players publically, especially since he just kicked them off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      Bunch of losers.

BTW, just saw 30 guests.
                      FL, why losers? there were certainly enough BU folk on the BC thread after the trolley event I'd kinda take it as a compliment though.......people are interested in BU for a reason, they matter . anyway, in terms of BC i look at it as like a yankees-red sox thing ........ each side always has one eye looking down comm ave at the other and what's going on........

Comment

Just making sure this thread actually dies.
                        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X