Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Originally posted by stripes99 View Post
    Interesting AHL stats for Friday April 9

Shattenkirk 1 assist plus minus 0
    C Cohen 0 pts +- minus 3 2 pims
    Zach Cohen 0 pts +-0 2 pims
    Eric Gryba 1 goal +- plus 2 2 pims

NHL
    Bonino time on ice 6 min ) pts
    Gilroy Healthy scratch, injury ????
    Good for Grbya.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
      Colby Cohen named a first team All-American.

Great for him, and I don't really mean to be a jerk, but did they watch him, or did they just look at his stat line and go "Wow, he can score!" ??
      I think it's evident that they saw the number of goals.
      Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
      Boston University '06/'08
      Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
        Federal League can I get some commentary on how BU is going to get competitive again with BC in the national picture. Since York took over and by the time his first recruiting class was seniors its been an absolute butt kicking BC over BU on the national scene. Parker has been trumped every which way by York from the recruiting end, late season peformance, character teams, HE titles, NCAA tourney wins, FF appearances, NC titles.

I used to always come back with BU's more NC titles, 90's FF dominance, but that is becoming further and further away and less relevant. BU run last year now looks like the aberration in a pretty futile national stretch. Things look tough next year and if so then that will be 3 out of 4 years without an NCAA appearance. That is a tough trend for a school that should be going head to head with BC for national prominence each year from the East. Its like the old "hammer and nail" rivalry joke.

What and most importantly who has to change. Without a few "own" goals and another Miami meltdown last year, I have to believe that there would be a lot of restless people around here versus what looks like complacency.

At this point I can only sit back and admire and envy BC's program, no hatred just respect.
        Thanks
        If I knew the answer to any of this, I'd be coaching the team, not covering it.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I would like to see Gilroy do well too. But the truth is the Rangers have gone something like 7 1 1 since he's been scratched. He needs a little seasoning.

Comment

The fact that this year's team beat BC twice and played a third close game makes this season all the more frustrating. With a better attitude and more desire, BU could have a much better season.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

It shows me that Hockey East did not have as weak a season as originally thought. Jeez, almost any of the Hockey East schools would have been more of a challenge at the FF this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                It shows me that Hockey East did not have as weak a season as originally thought. Jeez, almost any of the Hockey East schools would have been more of a challenge at the FF this year.
                true, though BC is playing at another level right now as they always seem to do. but i agree it was a very overall mediocre year and even we couldve put a better product on the ice in this tournament than some of these other teams. can you imagine if maine didnt **** themselves in october and november and made it with their hot streak in march?
                time to write new history

Comment

well I'd say that BU is going to continue the BC/BU/BC/?? pattern and win the national championship, but Barry ****ing Melrose already jinxed that

silver lining... Brett Bennett is still championship-less

stupid BC... they deserved it though
                  Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                  when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                  "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

This had nothing to do with Hockey East. This has to do with a program and coaching staff that just put on an absolute clinic in the FF. BU would have lost 9-0 to the BC team that played tonight.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                      well I'd say that BU is going to continue the BC/BU/BC/?? pattern and win the national championship,
                      I like the idea of 4 in a row for Comm Ave... so long as the 4th is from our end of Comm Ave!

So... who do we have next year?

Could be a long summer.....

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I like the idea of 4 in a row for Comm Ave... so long as the 4th is from our end of Comm Ave!

So... who do we have next year?

Could be a long summer.....
                        It'll be a long summer, and that's alright.. let's just hope it's not a long year agains next year.
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                          The fact that this year's team beat BC twice and played a third close game makes this season all the more frustrating. With a better attitude and more desire, BU could have a much better season.
                          I don't think "frustrating" is the word. Remember, we play against them at least three or four times every year. Wisconsin didn't know what hit them. In each game with them (people forget, because such a big deal was made about the Frozen Fenway game), we hung on as they dominated the last period and a half. They wear you out, and the Badgers couldn't skate with them. Blaming "desire" is an oversimplification. BC won 29 games this year because they are a consistently better program than BU right now. Two wins the regular season is hardly comparable when you're talking about a team that has been in the FF four out of the last five years (and would have been there all five but not for the 3 goal outburst in the Hockey East Semifinal last year). What we should be addressing is how our progam can get back to that kind of dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            BU would have lost 9-0 to the BC team that played tonight.
                            And along those lines, can we please dispense with the "BC sucks" garbage? It makes us look like *******es.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              And along those lines, can we please dispense with the "BC sucks" garbage? It makes us look like *******es.
                              Why?
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                When we're playing other teams, I actually agree. I have no reason to tell UMass that BC sucks. They can find that out on their own. Okay, they can't, but they SHOULD be able to.

When BC is in the building, however, they need to be told that, and the record/accomplishments really have nothing to do with it.
                                I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X