Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I will say this, if we didn't have Jerry York

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    minnesota is a wonderful example. their 2003 title was won in st paul; and their 2002 regional was won on campus. brilliant.
    Exactly. He throws out the 'stone's throw' metaphor without really thinking it through with respect to the rest of the leagues.

So I guess if Miami wins it all, we have a built-in reason to dismiss their Championship: Ft. Wayne and Detroit are a 'stone's throw' away from their campus.
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I will attempt one more tap on the BC faithful hornet nest before I run off. I will admit that my choice of the words 'stone 's throw' lacked accuracy. Allow me to change it to....let's say.... shouting distance. Worcester (4) Manchester (2). Don't like that one? How's about "short bicycle ride from Commonwealth, or a flightless airplane ride from one end of Logan to the other? Lighten up guys, BC is one of the top programs in the country. We can all admit to that.

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
        I will attempt one more tap on the BC faithful hornet nest before I run off. I will admit that my choice of the words 'stone 's throw' lacked accuracy. Allow me to change it to....let's say.... shouting distance. Worcester (4) Manchester (2). Don't like that one? How's about "short bicycle ride from Commonwealth, or a flightless airplane ride from one end of Logan to the other? Lighten up guys, BC is one of the top programs in the country. We can all admit to that.
        I think people took exception to your comment about being one of the top three or four teams within your conference.

I'm in Atlanta now and that's how the SEC football fans sound when they start dismissing other successful teams / programs from other areas of the country.

...but, I'm sure you knew that. It's fun to poke the hornet's nest now and again s'all good.

Comment

It. Doesn't. Matter.

The nature of east vs. west is that the venues are closer in the east and the successful ones keep winning bids. That's Worcester and Manchester on a regular basis with Providence, Amherst, Bridgeport, Albany, Rochester sprinkled in. And again, almost all of those you will consider to be in close proximity to BC until you get out to Albany.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

let us also disregard how you have already unceremoniously awarded wisconsin this year's trophy.. i keep forgetting where they won their last one. oh thats right, milwaukee.

you were saying?
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

My contention is that there are numerous teams that have won similar title numbers as BC in the last ten years, including Denver, Minnesota, and by the weekend....possibly Wisconsin. Suggesting that BC is "far and away the best" over the last ten + years based, I suspect, on final four appearances, many of which have been through venues within a stones throw of Boston, not to mention BC's struggles to win the title when getting there, is quite a stretch.
              We think highly of York and the BC program in the west, but no more than the top three or four WCHA programs over that same time span.

could i get an update here
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

My contention is that there are numerous teams that have won similar title numbers as BC in the last ten years, including Denver, Minnesota, and by the weekend....possibly Wisconsin. Suggesting that BC is "far and away the best" over the last ten + years based, I suspect, on final four appearances, many of which have been through venues within a stones throw of Boston, not to mention BC's struggles to win the title when getting there, is quite a stretch.
                We think highly of York and the BC program in the west, but no more than the top three or four WCHA programs over that same time span.
                Oh, good God. Shut up.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                X