Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    There is no hockey game in Durham that night.
    Too funny.

Pop quiz for freak: You have Jeff Smith in a track meet, a UNH football game at Gillette, and a UNH women's hockey game. All at the same time. What do you do? What do you do?
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
      Instead of rolling your eyes at people over and over again, just tell them that there is a women's game at the whitt.
      Bah! Where's the feeling of smug superiority in that?
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Instead of rolling your eyes at people over and over again, just tell them that there is a women's game at the whitt.
        128-185-31 .414

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Thank you for stepping up to the plate and solving or confusion. And with that, I stand by my previous statement.
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            Yeah, the corners are regulation NHL now. It's still 100' across, but the corners are tight. The goal line has been moved back, as well, so there's less room back there.
            oh, ok, thanks!!

Comment

And with that, I stand by my previous statement.
              Thanks for making my point.

Of course I wasn't directing my post towards you. You simply saw fit to insert yourself into a discussion. The person I WAS directing my post towards would have understood my meaning.
              128-185-31 .414

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                Thanks for making my point.

Of course I wasn't directing my post towards you. You simply saw fit to insert yourself into a discussion. The person I WAS directing my post towards would have understood my meaning.
                Was the person you were directing it at on the Women's Thread? If so...

*****http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://nowsourcing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nowsourcing.com/2009/11/02/plurk-doing-it-wrong/&usg=__wWaTecw4hm2iiD4IpW2BL2lsywA=&h=291&w=300&sz=42&hl=en&start=0&sig2=2fgvVgOE3a1FIr2EuIjhYg&zoom=1&tbnid=UMGUmJ6mXbkGRM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=130&ei=PS-aTL6WBYm2ngegq6nmDw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dyou%2527re%2Bdoing%2Bit%2Bwrong%2Bpic tures%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D 685%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=446&oei=wi6aTLGWNuqfnweToeWbDw&esq=11&page=1&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&tx=49&ty=78******
                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  oh, ok, thanks!!
                  Of course. Oh, and, they've redone most of the under ice stuff (new sponsors). I'm a big fan of center ice; red line with the UNH Cat Logo on it. Looks sharp.
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Was the person you were directing it at on the Women's Thread? If so...
                    First of all, I'll post where I want.

Second of all, the person asked ON THIS THREAD about those planning to go to Gillette. I was responding TO THAT PERSON about my possible plans.

Don't like it? TFB.
                    128-185-31 .414

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Did anybody else catch NHL Network's preseason double header last night? JVR looked great in the first game. He wasn't able to pot one, but he created a bunch of chances, drew a big penalty and was physically dominant in winning loose puck battles. With Simon Gagne shipped down to Tampa Bay, he'll most likely be on a top two line and appears to be making the most of it.
                      In the second game, Bobby Butler looked comfortable with the puck on his stick and wasn't bashful about throwing his weight around, but he was overshadowed by the guys he is competing with for a job. Ottawa has a lot of 3rd/4th line type guys, so he's facing an uphill battle to win a job out of camp.

Comment

Relax.
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Too funny.

Pop quiz for freak: You have Jeff Smith in a track meet, a UNH football game at Gillette, and a UNH women's hockey game. All at the same time. What do you do? What do you do?
                          shoot the hostage
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            shoot the hostage
                            I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.
                            128-185-31 .414

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              The corners are 'regulation-NHL' corners, according to the blueprints, and it is a noticeable change from the soft, sweeping angles of before. It's an interesting combination, with the ice obviously still being so wide, but with the tight corners.
                              I was in the Whitt with my daughter last Thursday. If you connect the dots in the four face-off circles with imaginary lines in both directions (making a rectangle) and extend the lines to the boards that is where the tapering of the boards/ice surface gradually begins, both on the sides and behind the net. I estimate that at the maximum point the boards have been brought in 4 - 5 feet. My daughter said, "They're not corners, they are curves". When I told her that was a good description, the English Journalism major responded , "That's what I do". I suggested she look into writing a story in The New Hampshire about the changes, maybe generating some early season fan interest.

The women were practicing, drilling on corner play, while we were in the Whitt.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Bobby Butler Giving Senators His Best Shot
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X