Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    I agree with you that it would be cool to see them play UNH this year, although my reasons are selfish. My buddy is a Falcon forward.
    Anyone that we have lauded on the Bentley thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Anyone that we have lauded on the Bentley thread?
      2007-2008 Atlantic Hockey Rookie of the year Erik Peterson. He's finally healthy this year too.
      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Still wondering what anyone is thinking about the early games vs. Michigan and Miami...

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
          Still wondering what anyone is thinking about the early games vs. Michigan and Miami...
          All three games will be very difficult, as Miami and Michigan are two of the top four teams in the country in my eyes. Both bring back a ton of experienced talent. UNH brings back all but two forwards, but goaltending will be a huge question mark. It's unfortunate that Digi doesn't get an easy home game or two to get confident and comfortable, so the Miami series could be a Wisconsin flashback. If they take 4 of 6 points, I'll be ecstatic.
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

2007-2008 Atlantic Hockey Rookie of the year Erik Peterson. He's finally healthy this year too.
            Indeed! As a sophomore Petey schooled Thiessen with a one-on-one goal in a great game that the Falcons played against the Huskies two years ago. Sadly, with both Petey and Dustin Cloutier on the shelf for subtantial parts of last season, we never got to see them play much together with senior Marc Menzione as a first line.

Comment

Stevie Moses continues to gain more recognition:
              http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../stevie-moses/
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

All three games will be very difficult, as Miami and Michigan are two of the top four teams in the country in my eyes. Both bring back a ton of experienced talent. UNH brings back all but two forwards, but goaltending will be a huge question mark. It's unfortunate that Digi doesn't get an easy home game or two to get confident and comfortable, so the Miami series could be a Wisconsin flashback. If they take 4 of 6 points, I'll be ecstatic.
                you guys are smart to play the tough teams and not "an easy home game to get confident". IMO, that doesn't breed confidence..............a win against a good team will bring confidence and a loss against a good team (Miami/Michigan) where you play well is better than beating up on some one you should kick butt against........again, just my opinion wish we had that home schedule

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  you guys are smart to play the tough teams and not "an easy home game to get confident". IMO, that doesn't breed confidence..............a win against a good team will bring confidence and a loss against a good team (Miami/Michigan) where you play well is better than beating up on some one you should kick butt against........again, just my opinion wish we had that home schedule
                  You've covered the potential upside. The potential downside is they will be very difficult out-of-conference points to earn - and there aren't many opportunities to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                    You've covered the potential upside. The potential downside is they will be very difficult out-of-conference points to earn - and there aren't many opportunities to get them.
                    just remember that you are UNH and no disrespect intended, but you are not Bentley or Quinnipiac . you are selling yourselves short . i like the way your schedule is set up.............

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                      We saw that downside firsthand last year, as they dropped 3 of 4 points to Miami at home then got embarrassed in both games at Wisconsin. They were in a Pairwise hole right out of the gate and each game for the rest of the season took on more importance. Fortunately, they were able to claw their way into the tournament (by a fraction) by playing well in Hockey East, but the grind had taken a toll on them. One major downside is that they were not able to get Digi any playing time, and many feel he is not well enough prepared for starting duties this year.

Comment

This item probably belongs in the alumni thread but I couldn't resist. Until the Senators and Wildcats officially start their regular season, the Bobby Butler watch will be interesting to some.
                        http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...270/story.html

Comment

Season tickets have arrived. Now let's get this season started!

Comment

If this has been talked about elsewhere I apologize, but I didn't find it. Heard about renovations at the Whit over the summer. Tighter corners, new boards and seamless glass (freshly painted ceiling also). Anyone seen the changes or have more details?
                            GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                              If this has been talked about elsewhere I apologize, but I didn't find it. Heard about renovations at the Whit over the summer. Tighter corners, new boards and seamless glass (freshly painted ceiling also). Anyone seen the changes or have more details?
                              Havne't seen/heard anything about it yet... Wonder if they put holes in the glass for us photo-folks??

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                                Havne't seen/heard anything about it yet... Wonder if they put holes in the glass for us photo-folks??
                                Maybe the Friends should hire a photographer to take a few photos and post them on their website!
                                GO BLUE!

Comment

Working...
                                X