Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    No, the guy comes in to a UNH thread to dump on UNH fans, that's being a DBAG, no?
    When you cant win wif da logique go wit da "waaa dis d'UNHs tred waaaa". Ow dis tred own by d'UNHs mon ami? It da publique massaging bord, non? Not yoo onw private circle jurking, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
      When you cant win wif da logique go wit da "waaa dis d'UNHs tred waaaa". Ow dis tred own by d'UNHs mon ami? It da publique massaging bord, non? Not yoo onw private circle jurking, eh?
      If someone wants to translate this for me, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

You're at least entertaining (most of the time), Slasher is just a DB in most of his posts.
        I couldn't agree more.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Bof team benefit from d'electique atmosphere, non juste one. Da visiteur ave even more feeling to jam it down everyone troat. (If you tink some fat Momma boy wit a UNHs shirt behin da glasse is scaring a D1 ockey playeur...sacre bleu you is more de hurters dan I tinked.)

Now da refs, some a dem do get catched up wit da crowde et call zee game dat way.

Et dey travel is huge. Evure heard of bus legs? It real. One team sit on a bus pour 5 hour will de udder taking de naps et playing wiffle ball, it zee difference mes amies

but hey, if you want to tink some social misfit shutins - wif signs - is scaring Kevin Shattenkirk into coffing up da pucke, den OK mais juste let us no what color da skye is in you worlds too ok friends?

Comment

You're at least entertaining (most of the time),
            I appreciate that. If someone just keeps repeating the same thing, maybe it will come true. I know a lot of people here believe that!!!! After a while, you have to agree to disagree and ignore comes from them on the topic after that.

The difference b/w BC fand and UNH fans (in a broad generalization); most UNH fans I've seen have, in some way or another, congratulated BC fans on their well deserved and impressive championship, while many BC fans continue to show their true colors.
            Ya know... not to be mean, but... I guess UNH will have to win a championship to see if BC fans congratulate you guys, huh? I don't read this stuff as often as some people, but I don't see a lot of BC people just running around yelling "nana nana na na BC won you guys suck" without a reason. Maybe some people bring this upon themselves (see jcarter)?

I've come to like UNH over the years (at least they don't cheat and their coach is not a drunk), so I'm always rooting for you guys lately. Good exciting hockey, no clutch and grab crap, classy coach, etc. If UNH wins one in my lifetime I'll be congratulating you folks.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If someone wants to translate this for me, I'd appreciate it.
              It say you an idiote. Betteur?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
                Now da refs, some a dem do get catched up wit da crowde et call zee game dat way.
                A lot of great points. This one in particular is worth noting.

Luckily, not many teams have to travel very far in this league so the "bus legs" becomes less of an issue than it would out in other leagues where teams are more spread apart. I don't know if teams travel up a day early to Vermont/Maine (and vice versa for those 2 teams) to avoid the issue, but I would think they do at least some of the time.

The focus on the ice is incredible once you get into a game. Even if the crowd is deafening, it's not going to affect someone that much on the ice at this level.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I agree, stay classy, and keep up the tradition of winning with class. I almost, ALMOST feel sorry for you losers, not happy enough being fans of the best team and coach in college hockey, but its not surprising that fans of dBC are more happy crapping on fans of everyone else than celebrating their victory. Congrats!
                  John Mason: "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f-*** the prom queen"

'Nuff said. Congrats on your regular season crown. Quite an achievement.

Comment

The difference b/w BC fand and UNH fans (in a broad generalization); most UNH fans I've seen have, in some way or another, congratulated BC fans on their well deserved and impressive championship, while many BC fans continue to show their true colors.
                    Therein lies the problem. UNH has never given BC fans an opportunity to congratulate you guys. It's like the old "if you won $1mm dollars in the lottery, what would you do?" scenario. Purely hypothetical.

I suppose if UNH won a banner I'd congratulate them and their fans. Realistically, we may never know.

Comment

Personally, I'm glad the BC fans come in here. I mean, I tend to forget things like that - has UNH ever won a national championship? Who won this year? Two years ago? It's easy to forget, so it's nice to have the trolls pop by and chime in to remind us that UNH has never won, and when BC has won. Slasher's post even noted the years that UNH was closest recently. That's a true humanitarian, right there.
                      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Luckily, not many teams have to travel very far in this league so the "bus legs" becomes less of an issue than it would out in other leagues where teams are more spread apart. I don't know if teams travel up a day early to Vermont/Maine (and vice versa for those 2 teams) to avoid the issue, but I would think they do at least some of the time.
                        UNH does and I also believe for UMass and sometimes a few others.
                        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Laliberte
                          Now, 10 years later, many of the same people are still, ostensibly, the leaders of the student section.
                          *chuckle*

are they doctors?
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            John Mason: "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f-*** the prom queen"

'Nuff said. Congrats on your regular season crown. Quite an achievement.
                            Womack I should have known you piece of ****
                            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              *chuckle*

are they doctors?
                              No. They play the cowbell and their only claim to fame is that they look like some piece of trailer park trash in the comics, e.g., the (note lower case) Comic Book Guy, self-proclaimed "Boy Genius of the Thread." They work minimum wage jobs and live for the bell to go home so that they may live in this heady atmosphere of USCHO on the interweb, where they can bully people with proper attitudes about success in hockey through their scary use of "Negative Feedback" and try to maintain their self-perceived position of superiority by denying that BC has a superior program, better coaching staff, and better players, all with BC's concommitant better results in the only tourney that matters: The Frozen Four.
                              "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                              Larry David

Comment

I don't think that anyone on this thread is denying BC's superiority this year. If some UNH fans may feel that a few certain BC posters have nothing better to with their time than to continuously "rub UNH's nose in it", who cares? Ignore them and move on.

I get a bigger chuckle out of the 50+ year olds that post on these boards who live vicariously through their collegiate hockey team and feel that certain players or a coach "owe" them something when they don't deliver positive results. Not mentioning any names...you know who you are.
                                sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X