UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Loud noise and rowdy home crowds have certainly helped teams like North Dakota, Cornell, Minnesota and Michigan win a lot of national titles lately.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Loud noise and rowdy home crowds have certainly helped teams like North Dakota, Cornell, Minnesota and Michigan win a lot of national titles lately.
      And I'm not going to say they had nothing to do with the energy RIT brought to the postseason, either!

Yes, teams tune out crowd noise - imagine how awful teams would play on the road if they couldn't! - but a loud crowd just naturally adds energy to a place and gets the adrenaline pumping.

Wait, are we discussing whether crowd noise is a good thing, really???
      Originally posted by state of hockey
      Tecate tonight. Haha!
      Originally posted by state of hockey
      Ugh. That was a bad idea.
      Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

Yes we all know BC won the NC, and congrats (not quite sure what that has to do with UNH hockey), but to say that no one benefits from cheering is silly to me. The home crowd can shake the opposing teams goalie (we've made goaltenders cry before). Ask Digi, he gets shaken easily.
        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
          Yes we all know BC won the NC, and congrats (not quite sure what that has to do with UNH hockey), but to say that no one benefits from cheering is silly to me. The home crowd can shake the opposing teams goalie (we've made goaltenders cry before). Ask Digi, he gets shaken easily.
          It doesn't 'shake the opposing team's goalie' as much as you think. The whole thing is silly if you ask me. If anything, I think its the opposite. It forces the road team to focus and nothing is better listening to the sound of dejected fans leaving their home rink after a fat L.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            It doesn't 'shake the opposing team's goalie' as much as you think. The whole thing is silly if you ask me. If anything, I think its the opposite. It forces the road team to focus and nothing is better listening to the sound of dejected fans leaving their home rink after a fat L.
            We are all entitled to our own opinion but your opinion won't stop me from cheering for my team.
            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
              We are all entitled to our own opinion but your opinion won't stop me from cheering for my team.
              Who is telling you not to cheer for your team??!!

My point is you aren't going to intimidate too many D1 college athletes with clever cheers, cowbells or silly signs. UNH's success at home has everything to do with the athletes and nothing to do with the fans.

Comment

D. Gerry you are right on the money with your post. I found that I've had to tone it down because of my fellow season ticket holders and it ain't right! Used to be that you didn't stand out because of your enthusiasm. In my opinion some of these "fans" don't deserve season tickets -wish there was some kind of screening process to determine" fan worthiness". Yes, I guess I want everyone to be like us.

Comment

Who is telling you not to cheer for your team??!!

My point is you aren't going to intimidate too many D1 college athletes with clever cheers, cowbells or silly signs. UNH's success at home has everything to do with the athletes and nothing to do with the fans.
                  You are correct, never do we hear visiting coaches and players talk about scoring early and taking the crowd out of the game

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                    You are correct, never do we hear visiting coaches and players talk about scoring early and taking the crowd out of the game
                    We also never hear coaches talk about weak opponents like they are the greatest team ever to play either...

Comment

We also never hear coaches talk about weak opponents like they are the greatest team ever to play either...
                      And we never hear coaches and players refer to various arenas as hostile. Your're correct, a great home crowd does nothing to energize the home team and intimidate the visiting team.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        And we never hear coaches and players refer to various arenas as hostile. Your're correct, a great home crowd does nothing to energize the home team and intimidate the visiting team.
                        If that were the case, Cornell or Maine would never lose a game. I can't believe people still believe this coach-speak B.S.

Comment

If that were the case, Cornell or Maine would never lose a game. I can't believe people still believe this coach-speak B.S.
                          So a team with an enthusiastic crowd has to win every home game in order for the "home ice advantage" theory to be proven

Comment

I'm pretty sure Maine hardly lost a game at Alfond until recent years. Their team went on a downward slide and so did their fans. This was the first year in a few years that I heard the Alfond being loud like it used to be.
                            UNH

Comment

Two things:

1) What the hell does a Brown fan know about noise?

2) I'm done. With the cowbell, with this discussion.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post

2) I'm done. With the cowbell, with this discussion.
                                This UNH Season Ticket holder really appreciates your work with the bell. You have carried on a very long standing tradition with that bell. If you feel its time to pass the torch, I totally get that, but if you cant find a worthy successor please, play the cowbell!!

Comment

Working...
                                X