UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Personally, I question the need to have any one group "lead" the student section. IMO, the more structured it is, the less innovation and willingness to step outside the box.

Perhaps the band should get the bell and "lead" the traditional cheers.

But if there are 20 different groups doing their own thing, and it's loud, then who really gives a d***? It's the noise that counts. We don't need to be coordinated on everything, and not every cheer needs to be organized.
    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
      Finally I wish it was UNH vs. Wisconsin in that first game too! Most my friends are UNH fans and I would have been able to sell my FF ticket, which I instead donated to the Detroit Youth Hockey Association.
      Indeed, it's a shame that instead of putting cash back in your own pocket, you had to do a little good. I'm sure the hearts of all the Wildcat fans go out to you.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

• Re: Simple really ...

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
        Monsieur, I not ave de probleme wif de fans talking bout ow da Whitts is ou isnt zees day. Mais when zee olde studentes saying dat zee new studentes is wrong cuz dey dont cheer juste like de olde ones I juste gonna call zee bullschitts on zat, d'accord?
        Really? I think you're reaching here, bunny.

Maybe it's the "language barrier", or maybe you're just misreading the posts, but the issue isn't that the current/new students cheer on their own, just not the way the older students cheered, it's that the current/new students don't cheer at all (or do so very rarely).
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          Indeed, it's a shame that instead of putting cash back in your own pocket, you had to do a little good. I'm sure the hearts of all the Wildcat fans go out to you.
          Well tcbg I actually contribute to a number of good causes, and was happy to donate to the Youth Hockey folks in Detroit. As I was to also donate to your Bowl 24 for the Travis Roy foundation!

And don't think you guilted me into it! So if a Maine guy can donate to team UNH, hopefully it will inspire a few more of your friends at UNH to do so in order for you to make your goal!

Comment

• Walshy = plagiarist??

Originally posted by BobF View Post
            As to the Bud song there is some history to that. When Maine went to Milwaukee in 1993 the Wisconsin Band Director reached out to Maine's to play it to get the home crowd going. Well they not only got going they started to cheer for Maine against Michigan and again vs. Lake St. and it stuck. Our Band Director was not going to do it, but mentioned it to Shawn and Walsh said "You have to do it!". So yes we copied it as did BU, but it does have some history. On the rouser I just asked my daughter what piece that was (she played in the band the last 4 years) and she was not sure what that is, nothing called that anyway, but I am guessing it is played everywhere.

Shawn's been dead 9 years, and I know with Chuck lurking I'll get my ears pinned back, but let it rest!

You want some atmosphere back at the Whitt, bring back Black Betty! Get rid of piped music! The move of the band to the student section is an improvement. One of Shawn's great moves was insisting on putting the band and the student section in the balcony over the opposing netminder for 2 periods. As those who have been to Alfond know you are literally hanging over the goalie.
            Does anyone else think that if Bob has a few more beers, he'll eventually be convinced that Walshy invented the Internet, and may yet still be disclosed as having ghost-written (oops ) the entire Harry Potter series?

Anxiously awaiting Chapter 666 in the "Great Moments in Walshy History" series, so do keep 'em coming, it never gets old, really.

I do still miss that self-promoting, human lightning rod something fierce ...
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: Walshy = plagiarist??

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Does anyone else think that if Bob has a few more beers, he'll eventually be convinced that Walshy invented the Internet, and may yet still be disclosed as having ghost-written (oops ) the entire Harry Potter series?

Anxiously awaiting Chapter 666 in the "Great Moments in Walshy History" series, so do keep 'em coming, it never gets old, really.

I do still miss that self-promoting, human lightning rod something fierce ...
              Gee Chuck what took you so long!!!!

And no beers were consumed, just lots of vodka!

By the way we all know Al Gore invented the internet in order to keep up to date with all that global warming he invented!!!
              Last edited by BobF; 04-09-2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to Blake Geoffrion for winning the prestigious Hobey Baker Award. His four year commitment to his teammates and college hockey is admirable.

Special thanks to Bobby and the Butler family for their commitment to UNH. It has been a joy to watch you play.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                  Congratulations to Blake Geoffrion for winning the prestigious Hobey Baker Award. His four year commitment to his teammates and college hockey is admirable.

Special thanks to Bobby and the Butler family for their commitment to UNH. It has been a joy to watch you play.
                  Sandbagger! Don't need to be classy towards Wisco fans, this is our thread

Butler was ROBBED. In what area of the selection criteria was he lacking compared to Geffrion?

In my mind, Butler was truly the most deserving player. And no, it's not just because he is a Wildcat Alum.
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
                    Greg,
                    I know it's a neutral site, but Wisconsin manhandled UNH in October. No contest, both nights. I was there. In fact, I saw UNH play against all the Frozen Four teams. Wisco was by far the best.
                    I saw them all too. Wisco would beat us hands down, but March is never the same as October, other wise we'd have a couple of trophies, correct?

Comment

Congratulations to Bobby, Brian, and Blake:
                      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...004/apr9aa.php *

*thanks to boblav1 for finding this.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                        Sandbagger! Don't need to be classy towards Wisco fans, this is our thread

Butler was ROBBED. In what area of the selection criteria was he lacking compared to Geffrion?

In my mind, Butler was truly the most deserving player. And no, it's not just because he is a Wildcat Alum.
                        Geoffrion won because of three things - his team is the FF, Nyquist and Butler split the eastern (actually HE) vote, and his name is Geoffrion. I knew his dad was Danny, that his grandfather was Boom-Boom, the inventor of the slapshot, but to find out tonight that his grandfather is Howie Morenz, THE legend of the Canadiens (before the Rocket)! It was a slam dunk I'm afraid.

I do want to say that Butler's father was fantastic in his interview. I got to know him some this past couple of years and, let me tell you, he is a coach before he is a dad. The night Bobby had a hat trick in the third period against Providence, after the game I congratulated him. His response, he played like (expletive deleted) in the first two periods. Knows the game, for sure.

One thing that was not mentioned during the broadcast, when talking about Butler was his loyalty to family. His senior year in high school he passed on junior hockey (you can't do both in Mass.) and played for Marlboro High so that his dad could win the Massachusetts D2 State Hockey Championship. I have it on good authority that year that the other schools in the league protested that Bobby was coming back to play because, get this, he was too good for the league, that it would be unfair (boo hoo, hoo) to the rest of the teams in the league. Little League mentality run amock.

Bobby Butler, a true credit to UNH Hockey.

Bob F. - You may have watched UNH at Snively back in the day, but if you defend Walshy at any level, you are not at a Wildcat. Walsh was pond scum to the nth degree. Forfeits, suspensions, disgrace, but the man is still revered at Alfond. Would this happen at any hockey program in the US.
                        Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                          Walsh was pond scum to the nth degree.
                          And you are an a-hole to the millionth degree.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            And you are an a-hole to the millionth degree.
                            Really? A bit defensive, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                              Really? A bit defensive, perhaps?
                              No.....just callin' them as I see 'em.

Insurance broker?........figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                                Congratulations to Bobby, Brian, and Blake:
                                http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...004/apr9aa.php *

*thanks to boblav1 for finding this.
                                3 All American's, not bad for team with a coach who can't coach and assistants who cant recruit according to some

Congrats guys, well deserved!!

Comment

Working...
                                X