• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STATEdude3
    replied
    Re: NCAA Ban on Advertising?

Originally posted by blockski View Post
    I'd imagine they a) want to protect their brand, and b) might be worried about non-profit status issues.
    This is the exact answer...Brand identity is everything. People have questioned their non-profit status for years and this is exactly how they keep that status.

My question is how they go so corporate with football bowl games, even the national championship game, but every other sport is completely off limits.

Leave a comment:

• blockski
    replied

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
    Why Does the keep up with a ban on advertising? I mean at every event up until the NCAA tournament advertisements are at every game. I mean if you watch the games on TV you see commercials. Why not allow advertising at the venues so that they can make more money and maybe have lower ticket prices.
    I'd imagine they a) want to protect their brand, and b) might be worried about non-profit status issues.

Leave a comment:

• Stories
    replied

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
    Why Does the keep up with a ban on advertising? I mean at every event up until the NCAA tournament advertisements are at every game. I mean if you watch the games on TV you see commercials. Why not allow advertising at the venues so that they can make more money and maybe have lower ticket prices.
    I would be down for that if this were the case. $90 for a regional weekend seems so steep.

Leave a comment:

• CHFAN222
    started a topic NCAA Ban on Advertising?

NCAA Ban on Advertising?

Working...
X