Ford Field Rink Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ford Field Rink Installation

I am at Ford Field so I don't have the luxury of replays, but the lines in the ice look very minimal from here.
    They're not minimal on TV. In fact I've never seen another hockey rink look like it!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
      They're not minimal on TV. In fact I've never seen another hockey rink look like it!
      I'm pretty sure the ice surface did the same thing during the outdoor game at Fenway. I remember there being the same lines on the ice like that (just not as pronounced).
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm at Ford Field and I want my money back. This sucks. I can't see the far end. I'm 20 rows off the ice on the field seats. Not to mention Bunyan and Benedetto as refs. Big time sucks.

Comment

Epic Fail.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
            I'm at Ford Field and I want my money back. This sucks. I can't see the far end. I'm 20 rows off the ice on the field seats. Not to mention Bunyan and Benedetto as refs. Big time sucks.
            Sorry Freds. On the other hand I'm glad I got what I could for these tickets to maintain my priority and sit this one out.

We knew this was going to suck, and...well...sounds like it does.

Comment

Doesn't look great on TV. Definitely a fail. Looking forward to real hockey atmosphere in St. Paul next year.
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

The overwhelming consensus from the people here in the building is that the risers are garbage. The people in regular seats seem to be having a normal hockey experience. Cant say I'm not surprised...
                MICHIGAN STATE
                1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                  The overwhelming consensus from the people here in the building is that the risers are garbage. The people in regular seats seem to be having a normal hockey experience. Cant say I'm not surprised...
                  Look at the bright side, you're successfully avoiding Barry Melrose.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I'm back at the hotel. Sightlines are terrific on the HD TV. Even with Barry Melrose, it is better than Ford Field.

I sure hope they do not do this again.

Comment

what WAS the point of all this exactly?
                      The point was, pre 2008 financial crisis, that Michigan MSU or Notre Dame would have put 60,000 people in the house and made this into a spectacle to put some new visual images around the college hockey experience..

It didn't work out that way.

I admire some risk taking. If they get 30 or 35,000 in there on Saturday night, nobidy remembers the empty semifinal.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        The point was, pre 2008 financial crisis, that Michigan MSU or Notre Dame would have put 60,000 people in the house and made this into a spectacle to put some new visual images around the college hockey experience..

It didn't work out that way.

I admire some risk taking. If they get 30 or 35,000 in there on Saturday night, nobidy remembers the empty semifinal.
                        Unless you're one of the 30,000 people there, then you wouldn't have even been able to see the game unless you watch the video screen.

AND MELROSE TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "I think you Lions fans should get down here and watch 2 wins, something you have never seen in this building before."

Thank you Barry Melrose.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Risk taking for what though? You think if they get 30,000 or 35,000 in there for the Saturday game that people are, suddenly, going to go "wow, that college hockey, I'm going to start paying attention to that!"?

People who don't care still won't care.

Playing it in a football stadium won't change anything, unless the amount of tickets sold is so high that it becomes a semi-regular occurrence just for revenue...which, honestly, would be a very, very bad idea for the fans in attendance. But who cares about them, right?
                          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-08-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Risk taking for what though? You think if they get 30,000 or 35,000 in there for the Saturday game that people are, suddenly, going to go "wow, that college hockey, I'm going to start paying attention to that!"?

People who don't care still won't care.

Playing it in a football stadium won't change anything, unless the amount of tickets sold is so high that it becomes a semi-regular occurrence just for revenue...which, honestly, would be a very, very bad idea for the fans in attendance. But who cares about them, right?
                            Your whining is getting a bit annoying.
                            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              Your whining is getting a bit annoying.
                              He's right though.

This is a stupid idea and I can't for the life of me understand why some of you are so concerned with "growing the game."

Like he said, people who don't care, still won't care. What's wrong with 18-20 thousand at our national championship game every year?

A lot of uninitiated people are surprised that the Badgers play in an NHL sized rink, but it still doesn't grow the game or make non-hockey people want to come to a game.

I've done the football stadium hockey game thing and it's okay, ONCE. To have the most important games of our season be turned into a spectacle with obviously crappy ice and what looks like no atmosphere down close to the boards is a shame.

This will not grow the game and wouldn't even if there were 80k there.
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-08-2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

First off, do you really think that Notre Dame has more hockey fans than Wisconsin?

So you're saying that when they booked this, they assumed that Michigan, MSU and Notre Dame were going to be in it? It's not even a good assumption that ONE of those would be there in any given year.

Even if they were, those programs play in the CCHA finals at JLA every season and there are 1000's of empty seats, every year. I've seen this in good economies and bad.

You can't defend the thinking behind this for a FF.

Comment

Working...
                                X