Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

We beat Michigan...everything else is fluff...it was a great season!
    Last edited by Redskins4evr; 04-09-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Just want to let the Miami fans know that BC fans consider your team one of the elite programs in the country now. When we think of CCHA we think Miami, Michigan and Michigan State just like the WCHA is Denver, Wisconsin and North Dakota. Of course there are other top level programs in those conferences but recent success puts you among the elite. There are probably few if any teams in the history of college hockey that can say their final game was lost to teams that made it to the NCAA championship for 5 years in a row. A lot of teams would love to have your recent success.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        Just want to let the Miami fans know that BC fans consider your team one of the elite programs in the country now. When we think of CCHA we think Miami, Michigan and Michigan State just like the WCHA is Denver, Wisconsin and North Dakota. Of course there are other top level programs in those conferences but recent success puts you among the elite. There are probably few if any teams in the history of college hockey that can say their final game was lost to teams that made it to the NCAA championship for 5 years in a row. A lot of teams would love to have your recent success.
        this.

Comment

Some off season topics. Feel free to include other topics that you think of.

1 Does anyone leave early?
          2 What is our non conference schedule?
          3 What is the CCHA 11 team schedule?
          4 What will ticket prices be?
          5 What incoming recruits will have the biggest impact next season. (we are only looking at losing two players in our regular lineup)
          6 Will tiesling be a good pick up or just a practice player?

1 I hope not, and honestly I wouldn't expect it with how focused the team is on each other, other than Zat and Martinez who both left early to go ride a bus in the ECHL, nobody else has left early to go pro in years. But now we are starting to get the players who potentially could...
          2 I know Blas mentioned a return trip to SCSU, and both UNH and NoDak coming in in the future. We are inked for the Florida Classic with Maine/Cornell/St Cloud. I don't think we see the Sioux in their last year with the sweet sweaters, as I think they have already had their schedule leaked.
          3 No more cluster mates. Impossible to do with that odd number of teams. So either we see 20 games with each team twice. Or 30 games with each team 3 times. With the focus on OOC games and trying to free up the big ten schools, I think we see a shorter CCHA season.
          4 $23 is my guess
          5 Hard to tell who exactly winds up here this fall as only one player is above the age cap of juniors. But he was also the Indiana Ice leading scorer this year (Paulazzo). I'd guess we would want to keep him together with Cook. We had 5 players sign their letters this season but that doesn't necessarily mean all 5 wind up here next year, could get more seasoning in juniors. Especially since all are forwards, and there isn't much room in the lineup there right now.
          6 He doesn't have a history of putting up big numbers in offense or in penalty minutes, so really not sure what kind of player he is. Guess a year practicing with Miami probably helped a lot more than 2 years playing in BG, so only time will tell.

Comment

The only mumblings I've heard around about players leaving usually involve Weber but it seems pretty unlikely that will happen.

Apparently Melrose was calling us Miami of Oxford on air Thursday. Guess it is no more incorrect then Miami of Ohio, but seriously. I had to explain to a Wisconsin fan who had been to multiple Frozen Fours that our school surprisingly was not actually named Miami of Ohio. ESPN is diluting the collective knowledge of American sports fans!

Comment

College Hockey News: Another Hill to Climb

Originally posted by CHN
              "We're a team and the brotherhood actually means something," said sophomore defenseman Will Weber, a 6-foot-4 second-round draft pick of Columbus, who said he is definitely returning for next season.
              RHM - super lame for bailing on the Poster's Game! I assume you bailed after Thursday, but you really missed out. Definitely the highlight of the trip.

FFFF = worst college hockey experience I've ever had, even excluding the Miami-BC game.

And on another note, shouldn't we be relocating to an off-season thread? I'll let you handle that, jd...
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Chris Bergeron to BG. Confirmed.

http://bgsufalcons.com/index.aspx
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  The only mumblings I've heard around about players leaving usually involve Weber but it seems pretty unlikely that will happen.
                  As RHBM noted, according to Adam Wodon of CHN, Weber has said that he is "definitely staying." Stay tuned.
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                  X