Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Guys I noticed something in your game against Michigan the other night and I'm curious for an opinion from those that have been this tema all season...

Against Michigan on Sunday your team did an incredible job getting in front of the puck not just taking away passing lanes, but also blocking shots and getting a stick in there to disrupt shots. (I hate to bring up bad memories but we all know how last season ended) Did anyone else seem to notice that in the overtime periods there were many fewer shots blocked or attempts to get in front of the puck? Do you guys think it was due to residual memories or just a matter of circumstance? The number of shots from Michigan in the OT seems to reflect a change in this regard. Has getting in front of the puck been a factor in other close games this season?
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
      Guys I noticed something in your game against Michigan the other night and I'm curious for an opinion from those that have been this tema all season...

Against Michigan on Sunday your team did an incredible job getting in front of the puck not just taking away passing lanes, but also blocking shots and getting a stick in there to disrupt shots. (I hate to bring up bad memories but we all know how last season ended) Did anyone else seem to notice that in the overtime periods there were many fewer shots blocked or attempts to get in front of the puck? Do you guys think it was due to residual memories or just a matter of circumstance? The number of shots from Michigan in the OT seems to reflect a change in this regard. Has getting in front of the puck been a factor in other close games this season?
      Very interesting point. To be honest, it hasn't been a problem I have noticed. They have done a great job all year at blocking shots etc. I would possibly chalk that up in the ot to fatigue. With it being overtime they possibly tried not to go down and block shots and spend extra energy and possibly get themselves out of position. Its easier earlier in the game to block shots and recover, but in ot when you need to conserve as much energy as possible it may of been a decision to just hold your ground and give up the perimeter shots to not lose positioning knowing Knapp will make the save.

Wonderful question though, not sure we will know but kind of my take on it.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I think Miami was just beyond gassed in that OT. They carried the play for the last 10 of the third (minus the PP) and I think they worse themselves out. As far as it being a problem in the past this season I'm not sure, it was very rare that we got outshot this year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Very interesting point. To be honest, it hasn't been a problem I have noticed. They have done a great job all year at blocking shots etc. I would possibly chalk that up in the ot to fatigue. With it being overtime they possibly tried not to go down and block shots and spend extra energy and possibly get themselves out of position. Its easier earlier in the game to block shots and recover, but in ot when you need to conserve as much energy as possible it may of been a decision to just hold your ground and give up the perimeter shots to not lose positioning knowing Knapp will make the save.

Wonderful question though, not sure we will know but kind of my take on it.
          That is a very good point. What made me recognize the drop in blocked shots was just how cleanly pucks were getting through to Knapp. The lanes were very clear of traffic from both teams, and of the 20 OT shots there were very few that were through traffic.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            I just got caught up reading through 4 pages of the Miami/BC thread, pretty entertaining stuff. Those guys are a piece of work to be sure. I think I will be saving my breath and not posting in there lol.
            Yeah I just got caught up reading that crap. After making my one post over there I think I'm done posting over there unless I see something I just can't resist commenting on.
            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

That is a very good point. What made me recognize the drop in blocked shots was just how cleanly pucks were getting through to Knapp. The lanes were very clear of traffic from both teams, and of the 20 OT shots there were very few that were through traffic.
              Im not sure that is a bad thing. There weren't a lot of threatning shots, and if Knapp is going to have a clear view of those shots from the outside I like his chances of stopping it.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                Yeah I just got caught up reading that crap. After making my one post over there I think I'm done posting over there unless I see something I just can't resist commenting on.
                It is a helluva laugh over there though lol.

Comment

It is a helluva laugh over there though lol.
                  I can't tell if they are trolling or not lol. Either way its definitely a good read.

Comment

So what sections does everyone have for the games?

Comment

So what sections does everyone have for the games?
                      Their are definant trolls...

Im in 134, know a couple other posters are too. Miami's section is 135. I expect a phenominal turnout. But very few students...sadly its more economical for them to go to Bdubs than Detroit.

Comment

Their are definant trolls...

Im in 134, know a couple other posters are too. Miami's section is 135. I expect a phenominal turnout. But very few students...sadly its more economical for them to go to Bdubs than Detroit.
                        Yeah, there seem to be alot of people with tests at the end of that week. I know quite a few people that were deadest on going but just didn't work out with their schedules or couldn't come up with the money.

I'll be in 236 with Mr. RicoForPresident

Comment

Yeah, there seem to be alot of people with tests at the end of that week. I know quite a few people that were deadest on going but just didn't work out with their schedules or couldn't come up with the money.

I'll be in 236 with Mr. RicoForPresident
                          Well we were talking about it over the weekend and it doesn't make sense. We were a little dissapointed with the lack of students that came, but when you think about it with the cost of tickets, travel up there, and hotel plus food it doesn't seem feasable for them to come. I know its great the university offered transportation for $5 but why spend 6 hours on a bus when you can watch it at bdubs with a bunch of students in a great atmosphere.

Sucks that it is that way, but we understood it.

Comment

Well we were talking about it over the weekend and it doesn't make sense. We were a little dissapointed with the lack of students that came, but when you think about it with the cost of tickets, travel up there, and hotel plus food it doesn't seem feasable for them to come. I know its great the university offered transportation for $5 but why spend 6 hours on a bus when you can watch it at bdubs with a bunch of students in a great atmosphere.

Sucks that it is that way, but we understood it.
                            Yeah, I'm from the Detroit area so I get to minimize costs by sleeping in my own bed and mooching food off my parents for the weekend, as do my friends I'm coming with so I'm sure they are pleased with that .

Comment

Yeah, I'm from the Detroit area so I get to minimize costs by sleeping in my own bed and mooching food off my parents for the weekend, as do my friends I'm coming with so I'm sure they are pleased with that .
                              yes! got to love hotel mom and dads!

Does make it more affordable, glad it worked out that way. Maybe other students will have that same situation and be able to come.

Comment

I've got a very good feeling the student turnout will be great at Ford Field. I have had lots friends talk to me asking how to get tickets, and the buzz around campus has been incredible. The people who have exams on Friday agreed to come up for the title game should we win on Thursday. But maybe I'm overly optimistic and the student fanbase will let me down yet again haha. Only time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X