Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

If Chris Dickerson stays on this team for the rest of the season, I flipping quit!!! He has no business being on this team. Can't hit, can't field, can't throw. Reminds me of all those "5-tool players" from the Bowden era.
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
      If Chris Dickerson stays on this team for the rest of the season, I flipping quit!!! He has no business being on this team. Can't hit, can't field, can't throw. Reminds me of all those "5-tool players" from the Bowden era.
      Game 1 and '08 has thrown in the towel! YES!!! lol
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

When I was driving to work this morning shoulda called the bookie. Harang was starting. Nix and Dix were in over Stubbs and Gomes. Easy money.

Comment

Since the Miami-BC banter has kind of cooled a little, those looking for a laugh should take a gander at the Wisconsin-RIT game thread. I'm not taking a side one way or another. All I will say is that they are creative!

And it is now official: the Red's World Series run is now a come-from-behind effort.

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Looks like the Miami club team didn't advance past pool play in their national tourney, losses to Montclair and Grand Valley, but smoked Pool D winner Colorado. If they could have picked up the Montclair win (1 goal loss), they would have advanced. Granted, these games were two weeks ago, just now saw the results though.

Comment

Drew Stubbs should be the everyday leadoff hitter and CF. Because you have a platoon situation with Nix, Gomes and then Dickerson, I say play the one that's hottest. I would have started Stubbs yesterday and not Nix. Yet again Dusty shows his poor managerial chops and sits the young player against the tough righty in favor of the lefty Nix who isn't in the long term plans for this team.
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I realize that Nix doesn't fit long-term, but he doesn't seem to be the problem here. Dickerson is the one of the four players that has no business being here. If you pointed to a barn and asked Dickerson to walk up and touch it with his hand, he would turn around and walk in the opposite direction. Then Dusty would say that he's an athlete. All I can say is: if you're going to argue to your manager that you should be in the starting lineup, you better show up and deliver. You can't strike out late in the game with the game on the line.

Also, I love Brent Musberger, but the Don Rickles wannabe next him was an absolute joke. He couldn't kiss the a** of every Cardinal enough. He couldn't ridicule the Reds enough. He acted like Harang was a third-rate pitcher that didn't deserve to be on the same diamond as Carpenter. Completely inappropriate.

Comment

I realize that Nix doesn't fit long-term, but he doesn't seem to be the problem here. Dickerson is the one of the four players that has no business being here. If you pointed to a barn and asked Dickerson to walk up and touch it with his hand, he would turn around and walk in the opposite direction. Then Dusty would say that he's an athlete. All I can say is: if you're going to argue to your manager that you should be in the starting lineup, you better show up and deliver. You can't strike out late in the game with the game on the line.

Also, I love Brent Musberger, but the Don Rickles wannabe next him was an absolute joke. He couldn't kiss the a** of every Cardinal enough. He couldn't ridicule the Reds enough. He acted like Harang was a third-rate pitcher that didn't deserve to be on the same diamond as Carpenter. Completely inappropriate.
                  Well what has harang done in the last 2 years to show he does belong? His solid 6 wins he put up last year isn't going to scare anyone. Chapman should be with the big club, braves did it right starting heyword in the big's. When Volquez gets back and you can have 4 pitchers under 25 with that much talent in your rotation you do it. Its like the braves in the 90's with the type of rotation they can put together. Problem is you are paying Arroyo and Harang too much to move them unless they turn it around.

Like what Bruce showed yesterday, and boy that Scott Rolen trade is looking better and better. Think there are only two holes on this roster and that is Center and Left Field. Maybe long relief as well, but can work with that.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Not saying that Harang is Cy Young-worthy or anything. But he is 2 years removed from being considered for the award. Granted, he wasn't completely dominant yesterday, but he gave the Reds a chance yesterday. He 1-hit the Cards til the 4th. His only truly bad play was the nonsensical pick-off attempt that Votto mishandled. He doesn't make that throw, he gets out of the inning down 3-2 and all of the momentum in the Reds dugout.

Holes in the lineup: i am not against platooning Nix and Gomes in Left for righty/lefty matchups. I want Stubs in center (kid can hit and flat out fly). I also would like to upgrade Cabrera. He looked slow yesterday. I know he has 2 GG, but he hits about as well as Juan Castro and Alex Gonzolez, but isn't as good in the field. Bruce needs a sports shrink to get him past that batter's block - all the talent in the world but can't hit in big moments. At least he's good defensively.

Comment

So judging by various Facebook groups, it looks like there should be quite a turnout to watch the game out on central quad if the weather holds out. Think ESPN will get a camera down in Oxford for some live look ins? It should be pretty cool if a couple thousand people show up. But it is supposed to be rainy and 50 so who knows.

Comment

I apologize if this has already been brought up before,

but is there any indication yet whether Reichard or Knapp will be in net Thursday against BC?

fans preference?
                        Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                        when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                        "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                          I apologize if this has already been brought up before,

but is there any indication yet whether Reichard or Knapp will be in net Thursday against BC?

fans preference?
                          Not a **** clue. I think Rico made some reference to having the College of Cardinals pick the starter for the next game...

I'm trusting Rico to make the right call.

Comment

Reds chatter--we need the hockey game soon! Hey rhm, I bet a coke that Harang would win ten games this year. Not a Reds fan (east coast bias ), but I like Harang off the field, so I'm pulling for him.

Don't know if you all saw this, but a nicely done Miami article on one of USCHO's competitors. It was good enough that I think '95 may have ghosted it.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...05_ffmiami.php

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                              Reds chatter--we need the hockey game soon! Hey rhm, I bet a coke that Harang would win ten games this year. Not a Reds fan (east coast bias ), but I like Harang off the field, so I'm pulling for him.

Don't know if you all saw this, but a nicely done Miami article on one of USCHO's competitors. It was good enough that I think '95 may have ghosted it.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...05_ffmiami.php
                              He is capable, and has one of the better teams behind him he has ever had so wouldn't be surprised. But I do think it is time to part ways. They have so many young talented pitchers that cost 14 million less and can give you the same.

Comment

Good luck to your team guys! I'm pulling for Miami, and I'm sure most of the CCHA is as well. We look forward to seeing you all here in Detroit.

For those who haven't seen it, here is some information to help you with your visit... http://www.mediafire.com/?ymyiojy2z4j
                                MICHIGAN STATE
                                1966:1986:2007

Comment

Working...
                                X