Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it the journey or the trophy that counts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it the journey or the trophy that counts...

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    As opposed to doing so by making up a fake identity and making fun of people anonymously in a stupid accent. Is that what is considered "having a life" these days?
    So "dacomicsbooksguy" is lecture peoples bout making up da fake idenitity now?

(Da sad sad ting is e probly tinks he reelly is dacomicsbooksguy now et e not even realize ow sad dat post eez. Et by dat post I mean bof a dem posts that e spazzed out at me. )

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      Fanboy, your students chant "thank you seniors" at the Beanpot. History is great, but since 1998 or so, the Beanpot has been BU's only claim to fame in Boston with college hockey since BC has taken over the reigns as the premier program in the city (if not the country).
      First off, not a boy.

Second, did I say anything about BU being better than BC in the last decade? Why is it always about that with BC fans? You would have to be on some serious drugs to be a BU fan and debate that fact. OF COURSE BC has been better. Don't you think we'd like even half of the success BC has had?

All I'm saying is that your statement was incorrect. Historically BU has not tanked after the Beanpot. In fact, even in recent years, BU has actually had much better second semesters. (See: 2006, 2008).

No one is denying BC's success. Stop getting worked up about it.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

[QUOTE=Slasher7;4734769]...but since 1998 or so, the Beanpot has been BU's only claim to fame in Boston with college hockey...QUOTE]
        Was you in a coma laste spring or someting?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
          So "dacomicsbooksguy" is lecture peoples bout making up da fake idenitity now?

(Da sad sad ting is e probly tinks he reelly is dacomicsbooksguy now et e not even realize ow sad dat post eez. Et by dat post I mean bof a dem posts that e spazzed out at me. )
          Predictable.

There are at least 2 links in my sig that reveal my real name. One of them is quite large - click on it, and find out (and while you're there, donate some money to a worthy cause).

Many people know my real name, where to find me at hockey games, especially at the Whitt (I sit in the same seat every game, and play a cowbell). I am willing to talk to anyone who would like to come over to me and say hi, and I will willingly acknowledge my screen name. I post as myself, and have never adopted a "persona" on here. I am hardly anonymous or a "fake identity". Can you honestly say the same?

I chose this screen name because I happen to be overweight and have a ponytail, and had a goatee at the time (leading a Northeastern fan to exclaim that I looked like said character from The Simpsons). It has actually helped me be LESS anonymous, as the resemblance has led to people from the boards I'd not met guessing my screen name.

And, if those last two posts were examples "spazzing out", then you have a very weak definition of the term. Sorry, lop ear, it takes more than your faux-french accent to rile me.
          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
          -Fred Shero

Comment

I remember the full season journey a lot more fondly when the team wins a title at the end (95 and 09 for BU fans in my age bracket)

only exceptions are 97 and 06 which were teams I loved and fell short in the end... but they did both win Beanpots and HE titles so we didn't come away empty-handed.

'97, my freshman year at BU, was a team that was as much fun to watch on a weekly basis as any other BU team I have seen, but of course I remember the title teams just a bit more fondly.
            Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Predictable.

There are at least 2 links in my sig that reveal my real name. One of them is quite large - click on it, and find out (and while you're there, donate some money to a worthy cause).

Many people know my real name, where to find me at hockey games, especially at the Whitt (I sit in the same seat every game, and play a cowbell). I am willing to talk to anyone who would like to come over to me and say hi, and I will willingly acknowledge my screen name. I post as myself, and have never adopted a "persona" on here. I am hardly anonymous or a "fake identity". Can you honestly say the same?

I chose this screen name because I happen to be overweight and have a ponytail, and had a goatee at the time (leading a Northeastern fan to exclaim that I looked like said character from The Simpsons). It has actually helped me be LESS anonymous, as the resemblance has led to people from the boards I'd not met guessing my screen name.

And, if those last two posts were examples "spazzing out", then you have a very weak definition of the term. Sorry, lop ear, it takes more than your faux-french accent to rile me.
              Oui, I can see from dis poste dat you not taking none a dis to seriusly.

One udder question pour you mon ami, ow old you are?

Comment

I sit in the same seat every game, and play a cowbell...I happen to be overweight and have a ponytail
                Cripes, please tell you you are kidding?
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  Cripes, please tell you you are kidding?
                  Yeah, I really look like a cross between Brad Pitt and Christian Bale (as Batman, not The Machinist), and I sit in the back row of one of the reserved section, with my arms folded, only clapping when UNH scores. [/sarcasm]

Not kidding. I'm overweight and have long hair. Are you going to make fun of me for that? As if I haven't heard it my entire life?

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
                  Oui, I can see from dis poste dat you not taking none a dis to seriusly.
                  Ohhhh, you got me. I'm totally losing sleep over some anonymous troll on USCHO.
                  Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                  -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    since 1998 or so, the Beanpot has been BU's only claim to fame in Boston
                    let's see, since '98 BU has won 4 HE regular season titles, 2 HE tournament titles and a national championship.

given BU's success over the past five decades, at BU we actually consider those achievements something of a disappointment. most other programs would love that kind of conference and national success.
                    Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

• Re: Is it the journey or the trophy that counts...

Not kidding. I'm overweight and have long hair. Are you going to make fun of me for that? As if I haven't heard it my entire life?

I'm not going to make fun of you, but dude, lose the weight, cut the hair and get on with your life. That's an easy fix! There is more to this whole thing than sitting in a college hockey rink after graduation with a cowbell. Be a fan, but for the love of God, brother, grow up and live life! You are going to wake up some day and you'll be 40. What will you have then?! That cowbell can't love you back, my friend.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Is it the journey or the trophy that counts...

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        I'm not going to make fun of you, but dude, lose the weight, cut the hair and get on with your life. That's an easy fix! There is more to this whole thing than sitting in a college hockey rink after graduation with a cowbell. Be a fan, but for the love of God, brother, grow up and live life! You are going to wake up some day and you'll be 40. What will you have then?! That cowbell can't love you back, my friend.
                        I have a girlfriend, and a life outside of hockey. I just happen to love college hockey, too (fortunately, my girlfriend does, as well, though she's a BU fan). So, thanks for the advice, but I think I'm doing ok.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                        X