Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    So Uusivirta committed...
    Okay, he's gonna need a nickname, and fast. Can you imagine what Ross would do to that name? Remember when he spelled Dave Nicoletti's name on the back of his jersey Nicolete? Makes me laugh just thinking about it...
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

No. Link?

GFM
      It's from the comment thread on the CCHA's new playoff format. I believe that particular poster was referring to the initial application. To my knowledge the issue of UAH's application to the CCHA has not been brought up for reconsideration by the league.
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
        Okay, he's gonna need a nickname, and fast. Can you imagine what Ross would do to that name? Remember when he spelled Dave Nicoletti's name on the back of his jersey Nicolete? Makes me laugh just thinking about it...
        1. I vote Goose.

2. I really love how, after four years, Doug kept calling Joel Bresciani "Bres-kee-annie", rather than "Bresh-ee-ah-nee". FOUR YEARS!

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
        It's from the comment thread on the CCHA's new playoff format. I believe that particular poster was referring to the initial application. To my knowledge the issue of UAH's application to the CCHA has not been brought up for reconsideration by the league.
        That's my understanding as well. A formal application, or a reconsideration of the previous one, would quite likely have been publicly commented upon by Anastos after a vote by the schools. Likewise, if it had been an issue, I think I would have heard from Danton by now.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

So Uusivirta
          Hey, that's one for the CHA All-name team--oh, wait...

Mike Anderson

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Hey, that's one for the CHA All-name team--oh, wait...
            College Hockey Alabama. Duh.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

So Uusivirta committed. I saw him at the 2010 NCAA selection show with Matti, but did not speak to him at all.
              More seriously, I hope Matti's decision to leave doesn't affect Uusivirta's decision to come to UAH.

Mike Anderson

Comment

More seriously, I hope Matti's decision to leave doesn't affect Uusivirta's decision to come to UAH.
                Given that Goose is listed as committed after it was public knowledge that Matti was leaving, I don't think it's an issue. To wit: I didn't know the kid's name until I saw it on Heisenberg's site.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

1. I vote Goose.

2. I really love how, after four years, Doug kept calling Joel Bresciani "Bres-kee-annie", rather than "Bresh-ee-ah-nee". FOUR YEARS!
                  1. I can live with Goose but I'll bet we don't get to "nick-name" him... the coaches and/or the other players will end up calling him something other than his given surname. And you can take that to the bank!!

2. What about Dwayne Blais (pronounced "Blah"). Ross called him Blaze for four years... though I must admit, I liked Blaze better.
                  Doug
                  UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                    1. I can live with Goose but I'll bet we don't get to "nick-name" him... the coaches and/or the other players will end up calling him something other than his given surname. And you can take that to the bank!!

2. What about Dwayne Blais (pronounced "Blah"). Ross called him Blaze for four years... though I must admit, I liked Blaze better.
                    A. I'm gonna pre-empt that, man.

B. Pretty much everyone in the student body called him Blaze. That or Moose.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Wrote a wee bit about the Finnish connection tonight. Uusivirta : Finnish :: Nystrom : Swedish :: "new stream" : English. I'm still callin' him Goose.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I've seen a single report that Scott Munroe is headed to the Russian KHL next year, but just the one report. It's a shame that I don't still have a working cell number on Muny, or I'd just call him.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I've seen a single report that Scott Munroe is headed to the Russian KHL next year, but just the one report. It's a shame that I don't still have a working cell number on Muny, or I'd just call him.

GFM
                          If true, that is a real shame...
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974

Comment

I know Scott's been called up by Philly before - any chance he gets called up to back-up Leighton, or be a practice goalie with Boucher hurt? Or is he not with the Flyers anymore?
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                              I know Scott's been called up by Philly before - any chance he gets called up to back-up Leighton, or be a practice goalie with Boucher hurt? Or is he not with the Flyers anymore?
                              Signed with the Isles prior to the 2009-10 season, before the Isles picked up more NHL-experienced guys to sub for DiPietro.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

On a UAH note: Jared Ross has been recalled to PHI to play with the Flyers against the Bruins. ...
                                The good news was that Jared had no -'s in his three games. The bad news was that the Flyers were 0-3 with him in the lineup, that he averaged less than 5 min. of ice time each game, and that the value of a Simon Gagne over a Jared Ross was highlighted. I'm still hoping that the Flyers make it to the finals, that an injury/suspension lets Jared get at least one game in the finals, and that the Flyers win it. It might be a "rinky dink" way for a guy to get his name on the cup, but it'd still be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X