Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

I tried calling earlier today to see if I can "assign" someone else to pick out my seats. Being about 1000 miles away it wont be easy for me to make it next Thursday. Was unable to get an answer, but was promised a callback. I guess I can always just call next Friday and talk with them and have them pick out next best available.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
      Being about 1000 miles away it wont be easy for me to make it next Thursday.
      United just quoted me $600 RT nonstop, arrive Thursday at 2pm and depart next morning at 7:30 or mid-afternoon. Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
        Here are some questions for someone "in the know".
        1. The "Season Subscriber Renewal Form" sent to previous season ticket holders does not have an address for return purposes and did not have a return envelope. Does this imply that no action is expected until Thu. night?
        2. According to the new seating chart sent to previous season ticket holders, relatively few seats are actually being removed. The major change is just renumbering the seats. If your seat still exists, will retaining it be a simple matter or is major reshuffling and confusion planned?
        3. What will the "pick new seats" process be?
        Yes, yes, and I don't know.

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
        Perhaps he should. And maybe he should have a big blue name tag so people will know he's the BLC president.
        I don't know about all that, now.

That's exactly why it would be advisable for the "process" to be disseminated before Thu.
        I can ask, but I can tell you that the coaching staff doesn't know. If they did, I'm sure that Douglas and I would have gotten that information last night.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
          ... I guess I can always just call next Friday and talk with them and have them pick out next best available.
          The number provided will probably only give you a recorded message. Speaking to a real person at the VBC over the phone is pretty much impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            Yes, yes, and I don't know. ...
            Relative to the second question, what does your second "yes" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
              I haven't found someone/anyone "in the know" yet!!! But, you had better attend to get your shot at seats. Ours have disappeared. I "believe" there is somewhat of a priority to be used based on your past support...???

Every row has lost at least one seat as the new seats are larger so technically, each and every row is now different than before. With that in mind, a previous row of say 14 seats, all sold, no longer exists since that row now contains 13 seats. You can argue which end the seat was removed from but in any case the previous row seat sales is no longer valid. Who loses? The person on the high numbered end with three seats who now has only two? The person on the low numbered end? If you were in Box 12 before, your seats don't exist since there is no Box 12 anymore as all of the boxes have been renumbered into the 200's for the lower bowl.

Is there a physical seat in the top row, 4th position from the left of the section that was formerly Box 12? Yes there is; but is it the same seat as before??? Now that's the question... That's why I plan to be there and see how this is going to work. Personally, I have felt that I had the best 7 seats in the house, and I've had them nearly 30 years and while my seats still physically exist, they are now part of the new "skybox" or whatever they are calling those new corporate boxes. Do I feel screwed by the VBC? You bet!!! But, I guess I'll see where I stand in the hierarchy of supporters come Sep 9th...
              I'm down low on the totem pole in hierarchy as we're relatively new season ticket holders and I expect to lose the area where we've been sitting. We're adjacent to the displaced seating, and where we had been behind the enemy bench we're now going to be behind the UAH bench. So much for our seats. What's sad is that we are seriously considering picking up a third season ticket to bring a friend with us each game (my mother-in-law is hooked after last season and would like to come to a few games).

I'll just have to see what the new layout looks like next week. BTW we haven't gotten any word from the BLC membership about this year's donation.

Comment

Roster now posted on web site - what happened to Matt Register - a d-man from Alberta that committed to UAH?

Unfortunate that he and Ryan Stanimir did not make it to campus - two good players from Western Canada.

Comment

Relative to the second question, what does your second "yes" mean?
                  Answering yes to an either/or question is always fun. I have the feeling that it will be mass confusion. This is UAH, after all.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                    Roster now posted on web site - what happened to Matt Register - a d-man from Alberta that committed to UAH?

Unfortunate that he and Ryan Stanimir did not make it to campus - two good players from Western Canada.
                    Committed players sometimes choose not to come. There's usually one every year---not the Stanimir type that re-commit to go elsewhere.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                      BTW we haven't gotten any word from the BLC membership about this year's donation.
                      For that you'll have to be patient. There will be some information Thursday at the VBC, but understand the BLC is in transition right now with the coaching change and Shelia no longer being with the program. The information is coming.
                      -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                      web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Committed players sometimes choose not to come. There's usually one every year---not the Stanimir type that re-commit to go elsewhere.

GFM
                        Stanimir stayed in junior did he not? Has he committed to another NCAA program?

Register too old for junior - wonder where he is playing this year?

Comment

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
                          For that you'll have to be patient. There will be some information Thursday at the VBC, but understand the BLC is in transition right now with the coaching change and Shelia no longer being with the program. The information is coming.
                          I mean, I've only been the BLC President for 40 hours.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

GFM
                            Well, that explains some comments above. At least this year I'll be able to recognize the BLC pres at a luncheon.

It'd be nice to be back in the loop for things. I swear I take a few weeks to get some R&R and it's like I fell off the planet.

Comment

GFM

CONGRATS!!!!
                              I think.....
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

CONGRATS!!!!
                                I think.....
                                I think you should send him a couple dirty diapers from that new baby (when he arrives) just for old time rivalry sakes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X