Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    It is still possible as BU and Harvard are playing in a non conference game which may not allow Harvard to play BC. Still a combo exhibition/regular season game weekend is a rather strange option. Is it possible they petitioned to waive the rules and give another regular season game here? Like the previous writer said the only other possibility is Merrimack.
    It isn't out of the realm of possbility that BC just goes down for 1 game as well. They wouldn't do an exhibition against a real D1 school, I don't think... I can't think of any other time I've ever seen it. Even though a trip this long would normally be reserved for a 2-game set, the special circumstances involving the UAH program might put BC in a position to help them out enough to not only go down there, but only for 1 game.

Either way, I hope it is BC (and I hope it is for 2 games, somehow... beating Harvard is getting old real fast). That would be great for UAH. They could use a hand and since the CCHA didn't want to help, I hope everyone else in the college hockey community sticks their arms out to help UAH get up off the ground.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick Papagiorgio;4805269
      I hope everyone else in the college hockey community sticks their arms out to help UAH get up off the ground.[/QUOTE]

with their schedule , it looks like a lot of teams have at least for 2010-2011. i too am in favor of us going there

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        well, it may be us then ...........no offense to The Mack but why would the UAH folk in the know keep it under wraps if it were the Warriors?
        Because it isn't finalized yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
          Because it isn't finalized yet.
          fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
            GFM, I missed that info on Coburn turning pro ... has he signed somewhere?
            I think he's playing over in Europe.

I know that I had reported on UAHHockey.com that the new coach would be announced this week. I now expect it to be next week.

GFM <-- quite thankful of the schools who've gone out of their way to schedule UAH, including some breaking contracts to do so.
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              well, it may be us then ...........no offense to The Mack but why would the UAH folk in the know keep it under wraps if it were the Warriors?
              ...could be the location has something to do with it... :sizzle:
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                the suspense is killing me if y'all are waiting for BC to release it's schedule, don't hold your breath. seems to me we are always last in that regard, it's just like getting the season ticket package a week or so before the first game

Comment

Oh no, not another game on a football stadium!

Seriously, though, it makes sense that it might go to a larger venue if it were BC. Would be a huge demand, why not take advantage of that and move it to a larger venue?

The note about a team breaking a contract to do this... possibly BC breaking contract with Harvard? Hm....

Am I getting warm?

edit - maybe you're saying it is Merrimack with that response and looking back at a Mack fan's post a few posts back? IDK...
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Oh no, not another game on a football stadium!

Seriously, though, it makes sense that it might go to a larger venue if it were BC. Would be a huge demand, why not take advantage of that and move it to a larger venue?

The note about a team breaking a contract to do this... possibly BC breaking contract with Harvard? Hm....

Am I getting warm?

edit - maybe you're saying it is Merrimack with that response and looking back at a Mack fan's post a few posts back? IDK...
                    "Related" news?
                    http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531713

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                      :standing slow clap: Well-played.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

H - (Surprise!!!) You'll have to wait for the "official" announcement
                        Here's the game breakdowns by league affiliations:
                        4 Hockey East
                        :
                        OK, I dug this up from earlier in the thread. Something is not right here. The first indication is that it will be a Home game. Also 2 more Hockey East games other than Providence will be played. So if any other location is a possible factor then a home game is not true. Could it possibly be a preseason tournament in Huntsville with both BC and Merrimack coming in?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          OK, I dug this up from earlier in the thread. Something is not right here. The first indication is that it will be a Home game. Also 2 more Hockey East games other than Providence will be played. So if any other location is a possible factor then a home game is not true. Could it possibly be a preseason tournament in Huntsville with both BC and Merrimack coming in?
                          Or an alternate-site home game.
                          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                          2006 Time Person of the Year
                          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

UAH should put together a tournament in Nashville. Who wouldn't want to go there in the dead of winter to play?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                              UAH should put together a tournament in Nashville. Who wouldn't want to go there in the dead of winter to play?
                              Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                                Not a bad idea, maybe try to make BSU a perminate guest of said tournament, and try to get at least one bigger draw school there as well, work out a little deal with the Preds to get the weekend there. And perhaps just to spice things up, see if you can't talk Vandy's, Tennessee's, and or Kentucky's Club Hockey teams into perhaps playing a series there as well that weekend. They would get a morning/Noonish start time, but eh, their fans would be around to help pack the arena, and maybe might help get one of those schools to shibby or get off the pot.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X