Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Originally posted by JB View Post
    #1 key to this game which Muse and which BC D shows up.

I was at the Yale game and although Muse let in 7 goals there were a bunch he had zero and I mean zero chance of saving. Some was the Yale offense that seemed to use a bit of the old Soviet still - shoot off net at a guy and let him redirect the puck. However, there was very poor BC in zone coverage. If Yale had an even OK goaltending performance they would have taken the game.

This is the key to this game.

As a side note: Before we left the game we were looking online for some place to get a bite to eat. Our seats were right next the Yale band (who were really bad - out of time with each other on most songs) and one member jokingly said, "Our goaltending wasn’t really that bad, they didn't score more than 4 on any one of our goalies. The BC guy let up 7 on his own."
    Did the Yale band leader use his whistle to cue the band like he usually does? LOL @ Yale.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

As a side note: Before we left the game we were looking online for some place to get a bite to eat. Our seats were right next the Yale band (who were really bad - out of time with each other on most songs) and one member jokingly said, "Our goaltending wasn’t really that bad, they didn't score more than 4 on any one of our goalies. The BC guy let up 7 on his own."
      I laughed, can't argue with that Ivy League logic!

Comment

Last comments on Yale-BC as I don't want the hijack your thread

Yes the Yale band leader used the whistle, very funny. The few songs the band new they played well. The others I could tell each individual was playing fine it was totally a timing thing which made it very bad.

The BC band was much, much better then Yale. The symbol guy for BC is fairly funny to watch.

BC fans actually cheered safety school at Yale… silly BC fans.

Lastly Yale’s band had a girl with the head set instead of the “director”. She would write stuff on a white board for which song etc. and would hold it up to get them on the same page. She didn't play an instrument but was really into it. Cute and funny to watch dance around to everything, bet she would be wild in.... err at a party...
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

#1 key to this game which Muse and which BC D shows up.

I was at the Yale game and although Muse let in 7 goals there were a bunch he had zero and I mean zero chance of saving. Some was the Yale offense that seemed to use a bit of the old Soviet still - shoot off net at a guy and let him redirect the puck. However, there was very poor BC in zone coverage. If Yale had an even OK goaltending performance they would have taken the game.
          This is much easier to do when you have 2 weeks to prepare your defensive schemes for a particular game. It's much more difficult to do when it's Saturday and you have to start with your base plan and make quick in-game adjustments. I think this is why the Round 2 games were so high-scoring - except for Miami-Michigan since they play each other all the fruiting time.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
            This is much easier to do when you have 2 weeks to prepare your defensive schemes for a particular game. It's much more difficult to do when it's Saturday and you have to start with your base plan and make quick in-game adjustments. I think this is why the Round 2 games were so high-scoring - except for Miami-Michigan since they play each other all the fruiting time.
            Some may be that, but D was clearly optional (both ways) for stretches in that game. Not much system work goes into don't leave the guy in front of the net uncovered.
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
              I'm a BC fan, but curiously I won't mind much if Miami wins. In fact I'll even root for them in the final game. I think the Redhawks will be quite happy to emerge victorious after a game with any school with Boston in it.
              LoL amen, since the last 4 years we have been knocked out by a team from Boston....
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Some may be that, but D was clearly optional (both ways) for stretches in that game. Not much system work goes into don't leave the guy in front of the net uncovered.
                Well D won't be an issue in this game. Miami and Alaska play similar styles, but Miami has more talent. Alaska slowed up BC a lot through the neutral zone and though BC was lucky to get through that game.

Expect a grind it puck possesion game.

Oinion if you truly think Miami will lose by 3 goals you haven't watched college hockey all year. This isn't the ECAC, Miami plays shut down defense and contains teams. Did it to UNH, North Dakota, Michigan ect all year...
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  Well D won't be an issue in this game. Miami and Alaska play similar styles, but Miami has more talent. Alaska slowed up BC a lot through the neutral zone and though BC was lucky to get through that game.

Oinion if you truly think Miami will lose by 3 goals you haven't watched college hockey all year. This isn't the ECAC, Miami plays shut down defense and contains teams. Did it to UNH, North Dakota, Michigan ect all year...
                  Didn't Miami give up 5 to UNH in one of the games at the Whit? Not exactly the best example to use...
                  Boston College '12
                  1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                    Didn't Miami give up 5 to UNH in one of the games at the Whit? Not exactly the best example to use...
                    Yeah probably not, if I recall correctly that was part of a 9 goal second period so who knows what the hell was going on that night for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post

Ive watched your team play a bunch of times on TV. I just think there's no way Miami can keep BC under 5 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                        Yeah probably not, if I recall correctly that was part of a 9 goal second period so who knows what the hell was going on that night for both teams.
                        Well UNH's defense has its moments where it's spotty, so I can understand if they were giving up a bunch of goals. They can score in bunches too (similarly to BC). Those games were a WHILE ago though so I doubt how those went will have any bearing on how these two teams play against each other, though I'm sure Jerry will look at the tapes since we play a similar type of game to UNH.
                        Boston College '12
                        1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          Ive watched your team play a bunch of times on TV. I just think there's no way Miami can keep BC under 5 goals.
                          It's going to be a looooooong two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                            It's going to be a looooooong two weeks
                            I do think either Miami or BC will win the championship. It's tough not to root for Miami but I think BC is a better team. I can't wait to watch the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              lol good luck with that. They are the best defensive team in the country for a reason. Not going to get into a ****ing match, you just sound bitter. Time will tell.
                              Last edited by redhawkman10; 03-29-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                                Well UNH's defense has its moments where it's spotty, so I can understand if they were giving up a bunch of goals. They can score in bunches too (similarly to BC). Those games were a WHILE ago though so I doubt how those went will have any bearing on how these two teams play against each other, though I'm sure Jerry will look at the tapes since we play a similar type of game to UNH.
                                It doesnt really, just used the series as an example. Take out the second period Miami shut them down. Look, BC is good as is Miami. Teams play completely different styles, whoever can establish their game wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X