Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Dominent win! HE beat up on each other all year and therefore looked weak when it was due to equality across the league right down to the last games of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Well, a couple things were obvious. As many people thought, Miami could not skate with BC and the great defense/goaltending was no match for the Eagles.

Just a thorough, complete beatdown. Best game of the year for BC couldn't have come at a better time.
      But Miami fans would get their panties in a wad if you said that prior to tonight's game...
      I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Another blow out... yeesh.
        Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
        Boston University '06/'08
        Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
          Dominent win! HE beat up on each other all year and therefore looked weak when it was due to equality across the league right down to the last games of the regular season.
          I don't know about that. Myself and many others have been saying for a while that BC was the only HE team that had a chance of doing anything in the NCAAs. One great team doesn't mean the whole conference was great. I'd still say that it was a down year for HE.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I will congratulate BC on being a good team and executing their gameplan to a tee. Well done.

As for Miami, I will wait for about 2 months to respond because I cannot describe in words how angry I am right now. That was as ****-poor a showing as i have seen all year.
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Just a poor performance all around bye miami. Left Knapp hung out 2 dry thats for sure. Bad peneltys bad d zone. One thing i did notice which was the only bright up which really did not result in anything is Miami did have good puck protection worked the puck around but was B.Cs d zone coverage good or what 2night everything just seemed to be getting blocked. The announcers said it best after miamis goal the delay does stop momentum but credit B.C for not only getting the next goal to regain the 3 goal lead but for never letting there foot off the gas pedal

Comment

Observations...
                1.) Someone is bound to ask whether Miami was tense playing yet another school from Boston. Before the game, everyone laughed at that notion.

2.) The ice seemed good throughout the game; the puck was sliding more than bouncing. This bodes well for BC if that condition holds true Saturday.

3.) All the talk was about BCs Muse being a big question mark, whereas Miami had a choice of two #1 goalies. So much for that.

4.) To a very large degree the only BC people who might be thinking about exorcising the 2006 game are us fans; the players weren't around then.

5.) Not knocking the players, but BC's biggest ace-in-the-hole is Jerry York from a recruiting standpoint and also from a player-management standpoint. BC is a proud, perennial power because of him. Note to AD Gene DeFilippo: Jerry York has you by the short hairs, not the other way around. Keep that in mind next time you want to trot around in your 'autocrat' uniform.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Oh well, I guess The Dynasty still continues, so you've got that to hold on to.

*****http://i.peperonity.com/c/3090B3/310721/ssc3/home/059/floralgirl0/laughing_smiley.gif_320_320_256_922337203685477500 0_0_1_0.gif******
                  Last edited by Sterling Cooper; 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Hockey East is just the better conference hands down. Only when you play the best teams in the country day in and day out can you pummel a number one team

Comment

Just back from Ford Field, and that was a class performance by BC. Not much else to say. Best of luck on Saturday night. We will beat you one day...

Comment

this is just too funny now...

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Ive watched your team play a bunch of times on TV. I just think there's no way Miami can keep BC under 5 goals.
                        Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                        lol good luck with that. They are the best defensive team in the country for a reason. Not going to get into a ****ing match, you just sound bitter. Time will tell.

Comment

Oh and this...

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          I agree, Miami won't score 7. But neither will BC. Miami seems to be able to fix problems too. A week after being completely dominated by Michigan and losing 5-2 they win 3-2...

Comment

Congrats BC, I actually bet on you tonight.
                            Good run, Miami, maybe someday...
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ahem. I told you Miami of Ohio folks that Boston College would destroy your team again. Why you didnt listen I don't know. Tonight's result was obvious and clear as a bell.
                              Last edited by Onion Man; 04-09-2010, 12:46 AM.
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

I thought BC played Miami of Oxford

Comment

Working...
                                X