Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

    Well the second semi-final is set and Miami will face off against Boston College in a big matchup for the 4th time in the last 5 years. First three were in regional play with the last being the northeast regional final in overtime. B.C. has gotten the best of Miami in the tournament.

    This will be another great game between these two, both coaches know each other really well. Let the discussion begin!
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

  • #2
    Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

    Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Well the second semi-final is set and Miami will face off against Boston College in a big matchup for the 4th time in the last 5 years. First three were in regional play with the last being the northeast regional final in overtime. B.C. has gotten the best of Miami in the tournament.

    This will be another great game between these two, both coaches know each other really well. Let the discussion begin!
    that '08 game in worcester was epic.... miami dominated the entire game apart from a 2 minute stretch at the end of the 2nd where bc scored 3 goals to go from down 2-0 to up 3-2 and then dominated the overtime until jerry york called a timeout (brilliant move btw) and bc scored on their only real chance of the ot.

    ahhh it's good to reminisce sometimes.... as for this year, i like miami's chances if they don't fall behind and hafta chase the game and they need solid goaltending from reichard or knapp (who was sick in the ot last nite).

    should be a good game i can't wait.... too bad the ncaa can and it's 10 days away grrrrrrrr
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
    HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
    BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

      Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      Well the second semi-final is set and Miami will face off against Boston College in a big matchup for the 4th time in the last 5 years. First three were in regional play with the last being the northeast regional final in overtime. B.C. has gotten the best of Miami in the tournament.

      This will be another great game between these two, both coaches know each other really well. Let the discussion begin!
      This game is going to be a monster. May the better team win and go on to win it all on Saturday night.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

        Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
        that '08 game in worcester was epic.... miami dominated the entire game apart from a 2 minute stretch at the end of the 2nd where bc scored 3 goals to go from down 2-0 to up 3-2 and then dominated the overtime until jerry york called a timeout (brilliant move btw) and bc scored on their only real chance of the ot.

        ahhh it's good to reminisce sometimes.... as for this year, i like miami's chances if they don't fall behind and hafta chase the game and they need solid goaltending from reichard or knapp (who was sick in the ot last nite).

        should be a good game i can't wait.... too bad the ncaa can and it's 10 days away grrrrrrrr
        Yea Miami needs a similar game plan as to the one they used last night against Michigan. Slow BC down and capitalize on their chances. Mues looks human this year.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

          So we will definitely be seeing Knapp in goal. Oh wait Cody was definitely going to be in goal against Michigan last night. This is confusing, who knows that Rico will do. Maybe his plan is to stick with the Friday/Saturday system all tournament long!

          Maybe this is the year, best of luck to both teams

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

            Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            So we will definitely be seeing Knapp in goal. Oh wait Cody was definitely going to be in goal against Michigan last night. This is confusing, who knows that Rico will do. Maybe his plan is to stick with the Friday/Saturday system all tournament long!

            Maybe this is the year, best of luck to both teams
            Who knows what he will do. But im not sure how you can not start Knapp thursday after his performance against Michigan. If anything the kid earned it out of shear effort. He deserves the start, IMO, but you never know. Can't go wrong either way. Have full confidence in Cody shall he get the nod.
            Last edited by redhawkman10; 03-29-2010, 03:46 PM.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

              Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
              that '08 game in worcester was epic.... miami dominated the entire game apart from a 2 minute stretch at the end of the 2nd where bc scored 3 goals to go from down 2-0 to up 3-2 and then dominated the overtime until jerry york called a timeout (brilliant move btw) and bc scored on their only real chance of the ot.
              I remember watching that game well and it was a helluva game. I was really pulling for Miami due to CCHA ties and i actually think that Miami team was the best I've ever seen.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                I remember watching that game well and it was a helluva game. I was really pulling for Miami due to CCHA ties and i actually think that Miami team was the best I've ever seen.
                Really?? not sure, not going to disagree with you. There was a boat load of talent on that team, but I actually think the team this year is a lot deeper. They play a little different style now than they did then, but I think Miami has more talent on this roster.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                  BC is in Miami's head. No, not every player on each team remembers 2008...or 2007...but collectively, Miami might enter the game in Detroit 'over-thinking' the whole thing. That first ten minutes might well see Miami coming out tentative & nervous against BC, which is what BC will need to capitalize on if they want to win.

                  Three key questions:
                  1.) Which Muse will we see?
                  2.) Can Miami skate with BC?
                  3.) What will the quality of the ice be at Ford Field?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                    Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                    BC is in Miami's head. No, not every player on each team remembers 2008...or 2007...but collectively, Miami might enter the game in Detroit 'over-thinking' the whole thing. That first ten minutes might well see Miami coming out tentative & nervous against BC, which is what BC will need to capitalize on if they want to win.

                    Two key questions:
                    1.) Which Muse will we see?
                    2.) Can Miami skate with BC?
                    To answer the second question, yes Miami can skate with anyone and has proved it this year.

                    B.C. isn't in Miami's head. This team isn't afraid of anyone, if anything it motivates them what happened in '08. Nothing they are going to dwell on, they will take care of the task at hand. But Miami isn't intimidated by anyone nor will they 'over think' anything. Miami will play their game and whatever happens happens.
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                      I'm a BC fan, but curiously I won't mind much if Miami wins. In fact I'll even root for them in the final game. I think the Redhawks will be quite happy to emerge victorious after a game with any school with Boston in it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                        Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        I'm a BC fan, but curiously I won't mind much if Miami wins. In fact I'll even root for them in the final game. I think the Redhawks will be quite happy to emerge victorious after a game with any school with Boston in it.
                        no arguments from this Hawk fan!
                        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

                        Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

                        It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                          Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                          I'm a BC fan, but curiously I won't mind much if Miami wins. In fact I'll even root for them in the final game. I think the Redhawks will be quite happy to emerge victorious after a game with any school with Boston in it.
                          No argument here either.
                          You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                          GO HAWKS!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                            It will happen eventually, but not this year. Boston College will beat Miami by 2-3 goals next week.
                            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

                              #1 key to this game which Muse and which BC D shows up.

                              I was at the Yale game and although Muse let in 7 goals there were a bunch he had zero and I mean zero chance of saving. Some was the Yale offense that seemed to use a bit of the old Soviet still - shoot off net at a guy and let him redirect the puck. However, there was very poor BC in zone coverage. If Yale had an even OK goaltending performance they would have taken the game.

                              This is the key to this game.

                              As a side note: Before we left the game we were looking online for some place to get a bite to eat. Our seats were right next the Yale band (who were really bad - out of time with each other on most songs) and one member jokingly said, "Our goaltending wasn’t really that bad, they didn't score more than 4 on any one of our goalies. The BC guy let up 7 on his own."
                              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X