Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
    Wey will be out for months. Unfortunately, a return is just not going to happen.
    yeah, i went back and checked and it has "mono, out for remainder of season" on collegehockeynews.com thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by jamie9248922 View Post
      I'm going! Hopefully at least 50 students will go...When do you think the ticket office will give us the ticket info?
      No idea.

Shoot me an email at gravellj@bc.edu, we have a big group going out and are planning some stuff together (VERY inexpensive hotel block, carpool for those road tripping instead of flying, bars and restaurants to hit up while out there, tickets together, etc. etc.)
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        Hey FiveHole12, congratulations, you're leading the Pick'Em challenge with 12 points.
        Cool.
        But I also have Denver in the final, so it may not hold.
        Then again, I also have our Eagles in the final.
        And I picked our boys to win it all!

I may not win the Pick 'Em, but I think I picked a winner!
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Shameless solicitation (but hopefully worth it):

We have a group of about 25 BC students who are making the trek out to Detroit as part of the group me and BCWH Superfan joe are going with. A few are considering backing out because of the cost of tickets.

If you would like to make a donation to our cause, visit this link:

http://frozenfour2010.chipin.com/bc-...ozen-four-trip

and you can make a donation to our group. Everything we get will be split evenly between everyone in our group to help defray the cost of the trip.

Thanks!
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            .....Thanks!
            instead of everyone driving their own bmw, why'nt you car pool. what you save on gas alone should cover any shortfall. (and since y'all need $$$, consider that tip on the house! )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              instead of everyone driving their own bmw, why'nt you car pool.
              I know this was at least semi-tongue-in-cheek, but trust me, we're carpooling. Right now I'm pretty sure we have 25 people crammed into 5 cars. We'd like to have 4 people per car but finding cars is proving to be difficult.

Comment

instead of everyone driving their own bmw, why'nt you car pool. what you save on gas alone should cover any shortfall. (and since y'all need $$$, consider that tip on the house! )
                My BMW is in the shop, but we can drive my hummer. It gets better gas mileage anyway.

Comment

My limo driver is going to be out of town that weekend...so unfortunately I'm stuck squeezing in with these guys too!
                  Boston College '12
                  1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                    My BMW is in the shop, but we can drive my hummer. It gets better gas mileage anyway.
                    Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                    My limo driver is going to be out of town that weekend...so unfortunately I'm stuck squeezing in with these guys too!
                    what is this world coming to?!?!!??
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

From the ESPN.com writeup:
                      Originally posted by http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=5036706
                      York said Yale deserved credit for refusing to quit. Still, he added he wasn't overly concerned with his team's apparent lack of a killer instinct.

"Winning hockey games is putting teams away," he said.
                      Is it me or does that sound contradictory?

Superfan Joe: The quickest way to Detroit is to go to Buffalo then pick up the 401 across Ontario, then back into Motown at Windsor. (I remember this from when I was doing these crazy road trips way back when.) Remember to check into immigration requirements at the border - you may need a passport now.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        Is it me or does that sound contradictory?
                        I don't think so...I just think it's a way of saying that it isn't over until it's over. He's defending his team from people who are saying that the teams quits while they are ahead and reminding everyone that not every late game surge is because BC decided to coast.

Jerry isn't a jerk who would run up the score...I think yesterday after BC netted their ninth goal and it seemed like we would score 15 by the end, Jerry told the team to take the foot off the gas pedal. All of a sudden the play changed and instead of playing normal hockey they started just dumping pucks back into the neutral zone. The chances of a lopsided result from now on are slim and I doubt that there will be any easing up when the game appears to be in the bag. That's why I'm not too concerned about the late goals by Yale.
                        I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                          Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                          You mean you guys don't have a private jet flying out of Hanscom?
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            You mean you guys don't have a private jet flying out of Hanscom?
                            No, that's the band (seriously...).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              No, that's the band (seriously...).
                              You mean they're actually bringing the band? They didn't just assume they'd all rather spend the weekend with their families?
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                You mean they're actually bringing the band? They didn't just assume they'd all rather spend the weekend with their families?

Comment

Working...
                                X