Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    Disagree. I think Miami's ****ed about last year vs BU and the thumping from BC in Worcester in 2008. This looks like a destiny year for them.

I think BC can beat Miami, if they stay out of the box (as previously mentioned), and they spend two weeks practicing transitions out of the defensive zone. I also worry that Miami's offense is sufficiently skilled to exploit Muse's weakness to high shots. They also have awesome goaltending.

I am also encouraged by Michigan's performance in the 1st OT. They showed that Miami is vulnerable to crafty offense, which BC has in droves, much more so than Michigan.

I think this game will come down to goaltending, but I hope it doesn't, because if it does it doesn't bode well for BC.

As an aside, I had to chuckle as the rest of the college hockey world got a nice little glimpse of Hockey East officiating last night.
    X 2 to everything you said.

I will add that Miami looked a bit tired in the first OT (I didn't watch the second OT). That might have contributed to their defensive breakdowns against Michigans crafty forwards.

Comment

I was very impressed by Knapp in OT. He'll be a tough nut to crack.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
        yeah true, he was great and the other guy, Reichard is the Hobey finalist...........imagine?? i wonder if THAT has ever happened? a team's goalie, a Hobey finalist doesn't start the regional final for his team ... pretty good team those red hawks

Comment

Yeah, he was great. Don't forget their other guy is the CCHA POTY.
          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Can't Wait..

Go Eagles

See you in D-town !
            FLOCK THIS...

~KNOW YOUR ROLE~

Comment

Miami has been rotating Reichard and Knapp each game, no matter how the goalie has played.....so we may not face Knapp, but as others have said Reichard is the CCHA POY and a Hobey finalist.
              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

"We had a lot of good and a lot of bad tonight," senior winger Ben Smith said after the game

Stop being so negative Ben!!!

Comment

Hey FiveHole12, congratulations, you're leading the Pick'Em challenge with 12 points.
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    "We had a lot of good and a lot of bad tonight," senior winger Ben Smith said after the game

Stop being so negative Ben!!!
                    i like it, nice one! though it may fly over a few heads

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Ugh. I really don't wanna go through this again as you have some fanboy tendencies about you that I don't like, but yes, you were proven right yesterday. Giving up seven is still a concern, but they did what they had to do to survive and advance. Can they win in Detroit if they have a game like Maine/Yale? I guess nobody knows.

You really do have an issue concerning yourself with other fans and spewing this propaganda that there's an overriding negative attitude about the team. What is wrong with being thrilled they advanced yet still concerned at what the end result might be if they don't clean some things up? I don't get it.

As for Sneep, what a surprise, we disagree. He has the ability to make plays and he showed that this weekend, but he also showed the ability to make crucial mental/physical errors. To say he was a man among boys is way overstated. Sorry if that was too negative for you.
                      But I thought they wouldn't make it to the frozen four if they played a game like the Maine game in the HE championship? That was reiterated on this board a few times last week, yet here we are with the same exact game and, what do you know, they are going to Detroit.

A win is a win is a win. Now they have won 3 ugly games and they are HE champs headed to Detroit. I just hope they fix what's wrong before they are national champs.

Comment

I thought Muse got hung out to dry a lot yesterday, but he has given up 15 goals in his last three games. Is he a concern at this point going into the Miami game? I'm hoping that some time off will do him good. He looked fried yesterday.
                        Come On You Eagles!
                        Texas Christian alumnus, Conte Forum regular and proud husband of a BC PhD, class of 2010

BC, five-time national champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949

"Fight 'em 'till hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice!" --Dutch Meyer, legendary TCU football coach and possibly a latent hockey fan

Comment

Congrats on making it back to the FF so soon. Jerry ahs once again gotten the troops playing their best hockey at the right time of year. I'd wish you good luck, but, well...you understand.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            But I thought they wouldn't make it to the frozen four if they played a game like the Maine game in the HE championship? That was reiterated on this board a few times last week, yet here we are with the same exact game and, what do you know, they are going to Detroit.

A win is a win is a win. Now they have won 3 ugly games and they are HE champs headed to Detroit. I just hope they fix what's wrong before they are national champs.
                            I said you were right in that they did win another game like that and in the end, that's all that matters. I just fail to see the negativity that you do when people raise certain concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                              Please for the love of the good Lord destroy Miami
                              *****http://facepwn.com/posters/NukeOrbit.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                hopefully Wey can come back and help because we need all the help back there that we can get.
                                Wey will be out for months. Unfortunately, a return is just not going to happen.
                                I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Working...
                                X