Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      Great performance by the BC team
      A pathetic showing in person by the students and fans
      Less than half their section was filled
      RIT had 50 times more students

Good thing you hired the BB coach before he saw how poorly you travel
      Haha, leave it to a BU fansie to make a post about this garbage on the eve of the national championship game... enjoy the offseason, champ.

I am sure, however, that Rochester being about 5 hours from Detroit, and RIT providing a bus for students, had absolutely nothing to do with RIT having far more fans there than any other team.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

A pathetic showing in person by the students
        O RLY?

In size or in strength?
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          I am sure, however, that Rochester being about 5 hours from Detroit, and RIT providing a bus for students, had absolutely nothing to do with RIT having far more fans there than any other team.
          And free hotel, and their first FF...
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

When's the last time a Frozen Four featured two complete blowouts in the semifinal? I can't think of the last time.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              They must really hate Boston by now... (and BC in particular... heck we only contribuited one to the string...)
              Good Luck Saturday... bring another one back to Titletown.
              but it was a BIG one and a devastating one to boot. wonder if that was in their heads at all.......

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Once again, you miss the boat. Whatever.

BTW, Melrose called Dumoulin "Duminville" a couple times
                really..............would it be too much to ask for that they at least know how to pronounce the names and we are not talking difficult slavic names here

Comment

BTW, Melrose called Dumoulin "Duminville" a couple times
                  And Thorne kept mixing up Shea with Wey, despite Wey not even being dressed. It was driving me nuts.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Once again, you miss the boat. Whatever.
                    Seriously, they need to tighten up the powerplay defense. How can they win a title giving up shorthanded breakaways like that? I mean how could they advance through the regionals playing like they did against Maine in the HE title winning game? How could they have imagined beating Miami playing like they did in the regionals? I think you are confused with who is missing the boat. If they win 9-8 tomorrow night (which could certainly happen), will there be "yeah but" posts on Sunday?

Hockey is not a game of perfection, it's about doing more than the other team to win games. Some of you demand perfection, I just like to see wins. Life's been good for two months now.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      At least they got your school name right, though. Melrose kept saying "Miami of Oxford."
                      Which actually isn't any more incorrect than "Miami of Ohio," their name is just 'Miami University.' Of course BC could have another name for them by now.

Yeah, I didn't notice if Thorne eventually stopped saying Snepp or not, he always has a few tough names. Gerbe was Gerbay in 07, and last year BU had Spinari and Gilmore. I can (maybe) understand that he might not have time to get the minor players down, but the marquee players like Gilroy and Gerbe?
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Go BC! You made Miami look like Providence deserved to play in that game instead. At least the score would have been closer.

Before the Oxford quote did you hear a Freudian slip of Vermont? I did.

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                        Which actually isn't any more incorrect than "Miami of Ohio," their name is just 'Miami University.' Of course BC could have another name for them by now.

Yeah, I didn't notice if Thorne eventually stopped saying Snepp or not, he always has a few tough names. Gerbe was Gerbay in 07, and last year BU had Spinari and Gilmore. I can (maybe) understand that he might not have time to get the minor players down, but the marquee players like Gilroy and Gerbe?

Comment

Well... alright... that BC hockey team... they're pretty good.
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Good thing you hired the BB coach before he saw how poorly you travel
                            What team do you root for? Numbnuts, BC is furthest from Detroit of the four participants and has the smallest enrollment of the four. What did you effing expect?

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            Some of you demand perfection
                            False.

Comment

BC Press Conference Video from Sean Shapiro:

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJ1h8F7pAnw&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJ1h8F7pAnw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

Also see Game Recap from Matt Fazio: http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6407

Enjoy the game tomorrow!

Comment

Congrats to the squad and it's fans on another amazing year. Regardless of Saturday's outcome Jerry and Co. have established a dynasty.

I don't know how he does it but Jerry gets not only talented kids, but talented kids that genuinely like being college hockey players, and seem to like one another.

A team full of cliques isn't really a team at all and he sure can coach.

I expected to see Miami score all kinds of goals after seeing the BC defense exposed in the Maine and Yale games.

They were on clear lock down mode. All this in only 2 weeks????

I don't think Ovechkin could have scored on that team yesterday.

In fact, if BU didn't manage an incredible outburt of goals in the HE semis last year we might be talking about a 4th FF appearance in a row.

Good Luck Saturday!
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X