• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Check
    replied
    Re: Greatest Moments in Frozen Four History

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Krys Kolanos.
    Especially after North Dakota scored two goals with the goalie pulled in the 3rd period to tie it 2-2. Add in that BC ended a 52 year Championship drought, and you have one heckuva moment.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by devildog View Post
    This one had to be there. Our only Championship, but it was one heck of a game.
    Nobody ever thanks us for knocking LSSU out in the QF.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied

Originally posted by devildog View Post
    Best ever!!!

Leave a comment:

• devildog
    replied

Originally posted by broomball52 View Post
    Northern Michigan over Boston University 7-6 in 3OT at the old St. Paul Civic Center.

That was my 1st Frozen Four. Missing a few, this year will my 17th.

After reading these posts, there have been so many great finals and semi-finals in the past 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
    This is the first time I've ever heard that the play was a violation of any kind. I said when it happened, I would've challenged the stick. It's probably legal, but would have been worth it for the opposing coach to ask.
    Happy is just mad because Legg did it to his team....

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I don't know the rule book as thoroughly as I used to, but where does (or did) the rulebook say what Legg did was against the rules? He definitely moved the puck towards the net and didn't do it with anything other than his stick. I would think if that were clearly against the rules, it would have been easy enough to point out the specific violation.
    This is the first time I've ever heard that the play was a violation of any kind. I said when it happened, I would've challenged the stick. It's probably legal, but would have been worth it for the opposing coach to ask.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Why, because the ref didn't do his job, and blow his whistle for carrying the puck?
    I don't know the rule book as thoroughly as I used to, but where does (or did) the rulebook say what Legg did was against the rules? He definitely moved the puck towards the net and didn't do it with anything other than his stick. I would think if that were clearly against the rules, it would have been easy enough to point out the specific violation.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Why, because the ref didn't do his job, and blow his whistle for carrying the puck?
    Legg's hand/glove never touched the puck.

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    It wasn't in The Frozen Four but this should still get an honorable mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6pOfajeQM

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied

One memorable Frozen Four (well, it wasn’t called the FF back then!) was back in 1985 when both semi-final games went to triple OT.
    Providence beat BC on Thursday night and RPI beat Minnesota Duluth on Friday. Talk about free hockey!
    Of course, OT periods were 10 minutes at that time and they didn’t resurface until after the 2nd OT. Can you imagine if both games were played on the same night?

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

29-0

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    I'm working on an article about the top 10 moments in FF history. Seeing as I don't know nearly as much about past FF's as a lot of people on here, I decided to see what you guys and gals think are the top moments. There have been a lot of OT games, so some of those will obviously be in there, but do any stick out more than others? Any spectacular plays? Great storylines? Shocking moments? Feel free to list as many as you want. Thanks in advance.
    It wasn't in The Frozen Four but this should still get an honorable mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6pOfajeQM

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Asterisk? What did Michigan do wrong?

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Probably to see how many feelings they could catch.
    You'd be better off having Melrose pick them

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Sounds like the NCAA just picked the top moments from championship games in the 21st Century, and tossed in one semifinal game for reasons.
    Probably to see how many feelings they could catch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X